Forge Action Day 2018 | Saturday 8th September | Castle Combe
From non-stop track action to huge club displays and some of the biggest names in the performance scene, this is not to be missed!

Track Action / Drifting Demos / Passenger Rides / RX-8 Club Stand / Show & Shine Competition / Forge Motorsport Exhibitor Village
Tickets available in the Club shop now!

Funeral for Carl Newby (tekkendp) -= 20th July =-

Pub meets, drives and social events. For good food and good company while the car stays in the car park, or for a pleasurable drive through the countryside.
13Black
Forum Trader
Forum Trader
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Funeral for Carl Newby (tekkendp) -= 20th July =-

Post by 13Black » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:06 am

Last updated: 19/07/2018

Hello everyone.

The route from the Church to the Cemetery isn't yet decided apparently but I shall be calling the funeral directors the day before to see if they have a rough idea what the route is going to be.
Nadine, our contact for the day, would like it if we did a drive by at some point on the way to the Cemetery. The route -should- take us on at least one dual carriageway (we currently think) which would likely be the best opportunity for it. If we manage it and get past the hearse, then I think press on ahead a little, find a spot to wait, and then rejoin the back of the procession. If we get a route in advance then I'll find a suitable spot on Google Maps.
On that note, I think it wise if we use Google Maps for this part and share our location with each other to ensure we don't stray too far. Very simple: Google Maps > Drop down menu > Location Sharing. I'll send out a link the day before with my location, should be as simple as clicking that and away you go, I'm live on your map.

You're welcome to turn up at any part and leave anytime you like - a rough idea of who'll be where for what on here may be useful for keeping things smooth on the day.
I'll be there for as much as I can, so leaving Loughborough around 09:00, via Ashby-de-la-Zouch and down the A42/M42 to arrive ~10:15 near the Church (B19 1NP) to find parking (George Street right near the Church appears to be free on-street parking... some speed bumps to be aware of though! Not sure on how busy it will be or if parking will indeed be free/non-permit, so there may be a last minute scurry to find something a little further away, but hopefully not. I will have another snoop around for suitible places. Baker Street Car Park @ B21 9LP about 1 mile away may be an option).
If anyone wants to park elsewhere and hitch a ride in with me, please do let me know. 3 spare seats.
Family/helpers for the day will be dressed in purple - any questions, find someone in purple. On that note, we are encouraged to show a little colour/brightness as it's meant to be a day celebrating what Carl enjoyed.

-----------------------

11:00
New Testament Church of God
240-244 Lozells Road
B19 1NP

This should last around 1 hour 30 minutes.
If you're joining us after this, please arrive for 12:45 at the latest so that we can assemble and then join the procession at 13:00.

It's a decent size drive to the Cemetery! About 9 miles at a leisurely pace, so just under an hour we hope. Have your Google Maps location sharing on, hopefully we'll be able to do some kind of drive by/honk on the way - whoever is at the front, let us know with a quick honk/hazard flash and lead the way. Please be sensible, obey all road traffic laws and be safe.
If it goes to plan, make up some ground for the rest to do their thing, pull in somewhere and await the passing of the procession and join the back when safe to do so. It's not imperative that we stick together after this, so don't worry too much if lay-bys are scare/small - do what you can, if you get lost then look out for our progress on Location Sharing and/or follow directions to the Cemetery below.

-----------------------
14:00
King's Norton Cemetery
Longdales Road
B38 9BQ

About an hour at the cemetery, nothing further to add.

-----------------------
16:00
Wake at 'The H Suite'
100 Ickneil Port Road
B16 0AA

Back up near where we set off for the wake where the family have kindly invited us to join them for a bite to eat etc.
I will probably stay here until around 17:00, then I'll have to think about making my way home as I have to drive up to Hull that night for a wedding the following morning.

-----------------------

Please let us know if you can/may attend so we can inform the police etc on numbers and convoy route.

Attending (definitely):
  1. 13Black
  2. ChrisHolmes
  3. SeeJay
  4. xamtex
  5. sKenDread
  6. stever
  7. Kaks07
TBC:
Thank you for reading and thank you to the committee for sorting this out, particularly stever, PeteH and ChrisHolmes.
Last edited by 13Black on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:07 am, edited 8 times in total.

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Re: Funeral for Carl Newby (tekkendp) -= 20th July =-

Post by ChrisHolmes » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 pm

I have been contacted by West Midlands Police and we are all clear to have a convoy. The local units/teams covering the church and the cemetery areas have been made aware there may be 10 or less or 20 or more cars as we really do not know as yet how many cars we will show.
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Custom Sat Nav 3 Gauge install
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs F&R
Slotted & Dimpled Discs F&R
Mintex 1144 Pads F&R
Full OE Aero Kit
Revolution Alloy Front Strut Brace
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors
Original engine 86000 smiles (169.7 rwhp) and then it died!
Own build Steet ported engine fitted Feb 2018 and running sweet as nut

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Copper Red

Post by mrspiller » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Very sad news , never met the guy but if he loved Cars surely anyone local should be adding themselves to the list ??
Can’t this be added to local events/ meets in the area to get numbers up whether RX8’s or not
RIP buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by ChrisHolmes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Bumping this thread to raise its profile
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs F&R
Mintex 1144 Pads F&R
Full OE Aero Kit
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am

Mod hat on - made it a Sticky for the same reason
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired - just need to get rid of hand over the bank stuff etc)
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

sKenDread
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by sKenDread » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am

I'm happy to support guys, let me know if there's anything I can do

08 231 West Midlands

Kia-ora! NZ Maori Living in the West Midlands UK
'08 231 PS, Galaxy Grey, Black Leather
'03 231 Import, Titanium Grey, Black Leather

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by ChrisHolmes » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:57 am

Lists updated
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs F&R
Mintex 1144 Pads F&R
Full OE Aero Kit
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors

13Black
Forum Trader
Forum Trader

Post by 13Black » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm

I've messaged Nadine so hopefully I'll get some specifics for the day sorted soon.

stever
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
RX-8: R3

Post by stever » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:45 pm

It looks like there's a bit of parallel communication been going on here as I've been waiting for Stacey to get back to me with more detail. This is the latest I've had:
Hi Steve,

Sorry again about the delay in getting back to you, so i have talked to his family and they would like it if the drivers could come to the church at 12.45pm so they can join the convoy from the church to the grave. We will be leaving the church at 1pm but if they can text me to let me know they are outside will come and meet them.

It would be great if everyone coming could join in the gathering after funeral held at The H Suite for food and drinks.

Kind Regards,

Stacey
It was in response to my question asking if there were specifics for the details of the convoy part and if it would be ok for people just to do the convoy if they didn't know Carl personally. She's also advised that it's supposed to be a colourful day, so no need for black suits etc.
Titanium Grey 231ps 23/12/03 to 20/10/13
Velocity Red R3 20/10/13+
Racing Beat springs, anti-roll bars and exhaust. Eibach spacers. RB Big Brake Kit, K&N filter. D585 coils & Magnecor Leads. Sports mirrors. B-pillar trim. Scuff plates. Interior LEDs. Bonnet stays. Ultra light fly wheel. Axial Flow short throw shifter
The other car: Tesla Model X P100D 19/12/17+

SeeJay
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by SeeJay » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Looking at the timings posted above,I'll be good to grab a couple hours kip before setting off :thumleft:
2008 Sparkling Black R3 Japspeed Sportcat & Toyo Catback Drilled/grooved discs Simota Induction Kit D585 Coils Braided S/S lines Polished Engine Bay DRL's 2011 Spec Gearbox LED Side & fogs Calibre GT-R rims Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 19 Nissan GTR spoiler RacingBeat ARB's Tein coilovers BHR motor mounts Amemiya Grille CL RC5 pads

13Black
Forum Trader
Forum Trader

Post by 13Black » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Hey guys

Been a little preoccupied with rex sorting.

I wasn't sure if you'd be able to make it stever so I wanted to be sure things are finalised ASAP and not bounce messages through you to bother you. Didn't realise you were discussing things also, my apologies.

Nadine isn't family either but they've known each other since high school. She did mention yesterday that she's happy to leave us to figure out our end and liaise with her regarding the final details so that the family don't need to worry about communications/I guess get on with the rest of it?
As long as they know who's going to be where so they don't have to wait for people at x, y or z.

And yes she's echoed that it's meant to be a bright, colourful day, no wearing all black. A celebration of the things he loved.
Family and helpers will be dressed in purple as well, so any questions, find someone purple.

Feel free to be there for as little or as much as you like, it sounds like it's going to be a relaxed and inclusive day.

stever
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by stever » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Cool - that's all good. And no worries at all about the parallel comms; way better to have too much than too little ;)

I'll come to the convoy bit from work and might make it to the food part later, but I've got to get my daughter to her school prom so I won't be able to hang around for tool long.
Titanium Grey 231ps 23/12/03 to 20/10/13
Velocity Red R3 20/10/13+
Racing Beat springs, anti-roll bars and exhaust. Eibach spacers. RB Big Brake Kit, K&N filter. D585 coils & Magnecor Leads. Sports mirrors. B-pillar trim. Scuff plates. Interior LEDs. Bonnet stays. Ultra light fly wheel. Axial Flow short throw shifter
The other car: Tesla Model X P100D 19/12/17+

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by ChrisHolmes » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Looks sorted guys, well done.
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs F&R
Mintex 1144 Pads F&R
Full OE Aero Kit
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors

stewartm
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by stewartm » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:53 pm

We were expecting to be traveling up from Cardiff to Hull on Friday and hoped to attend this. As is traditional for one of our driving holidays, we need to make an unplanned visit to RotaryRevs and are therefore traveling on Thurs now, so sadly will be unable to attend.

It is great to see that we have already have a good number of cars/people committed to pay their respects. Events such as these, put the point of clubs such as ours into sharp perspective. Like a lot of people, I never met or spoke to Carl, but it sounds like those who did were always left richer for it. I hope that everything goes OK.

13Black
Forum Trader
Forum Trader

Post by 13Black » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:57 am

First post updated with a more detailed plan. Feedback and alterations welcomed.

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by ChrisHolmes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:02 am

I am planning to arrive at the church, well the general area, at the suggested 12:45 time
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs F&R
Mintex 1144 Pads F&R
Full OE Aero Kit
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors

13Black
Forum Trader
Forum Trader

Post by 13Black » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Being an idiot with little memory who has had to resort to To Do lists to ensure anything as simple as brushing teeth gets done, I forgot to add the route phone call to my list and therefore it didn't get done because I am an idiot who didn't add it to his list or remember because I'm an idiot.

I'll have a chat with them tomorrow morning if I remember to look at my to do list, which I won't because I'm a 5getful idiot.

Don't panic.

Return to “Social Meets”