Smoked
24%

Total votes: 84

bunch1980
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey

Re: Smoked Led rear lights for sale(sold)

Post by bunch1980 »

Very nice not to dark a tint either like you see boy racers with lol, whats with green badging?
These users thanked the author bunch1980 for the post:
Shagrington (Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 pm)
SeriousSam
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by SeriousSam »

bunch1980 wrote:whats with green badging?
There's no accounting for taste! :P

I must say though Shaggy, where those lights are concerned, I dig 8)
These users thanked the author SeriousSam for the post:
To Do List: HKS CAMP2 install; cruise control; new exhaust; detail paintwork, possible respray

Done: Hayward Rotary rebuild and stage 2 port; Racing Beat ARBs, adjustable front droplinks, ram air intake and lightened flywheel; Exedy stage 1 clutch; Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs; Koyo radiator; heated front screen; EBC redstuff pads all round
BigPete
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Custom

Post by BigPete »

They look fantastic nice work Brian ;)
These users thanked the author BigPete for the post:
Bigpete

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BostonRotary
Bulldog
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Bulldog »

Never been one to mess with the lights but I do like those
These users thanked the author Bulldog for the post:
It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

More info in my project thread

Worry about your character, not your reputation. Your character is who you are, and your reputation is who people think you are.
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Looking good Brian

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post:
Shagrington (Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:54 pm)
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by Delanor »

IMO these LED`s either the Black or smoked versions are one of the best mod`s you can make - they just take years off the age of the car and bring it bang up to date I still can`t get over the intensity of the brake lights much better than the stock lights.

Del.
1st Brilliant Black 190. 2nd Brilliant Black PZ. 3rd Strato Blue 230. 4th Crystal White 40th Anniversary.
Rotary FX fender grills, Japspeed stainless exhaust, Cosworth Air filter, Kinetix slotted & dimpled discs, EBC Red stuff pads, Ryan Rotary MK11 coils, Magnecor leads, Stainless front & rear grills, HID main beams, LED tail lights, front side lights/front fogs.
bunch1980
Former Member
Former Member

Post by bunch1980 »

Are these modified units then or is it the bulbs are replaced with led versions?
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Delanor »

They are completely new units the red side light and brake lights are LED`s the indicators and reversing lights use the existing bulbs but with different lenses, I changed the reversing lights for LED bulbs for a whiter light which are bright enough and kept the stock amber indicator bulbs as they work well enough in the new set up.

Del.
1st Brilliant Black 190. 2nd Brilliant Black PZ. 3rd Strato Blue 230. 4th Crystal White 40th Anniversary.
Rotary FX fender grills, Japspeed stainless exhaust, Cosworth Air filter, Kinetix slotted & dimpled discs, EBC Red stuff pads, Ryan Rotary MK11 coils, Magnecor leads, Stainless front & rear grills, HID main beams, LED tail lights, front side lights/front fogs.
bunch1980
Former Member
Former Member

Post by bunch1980 »

Thanks I see I guess replacing the brake/side lights with led bulbs if possible wont be same either.
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member

Post by ChrisHolmes »

So wh has a smart ar** now then? These do look good Brian, now you will have keep cleaning them!
These users thanked the author ChrisHolmes for the post:
Shagrington (Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:54 pm)
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: LED Tail lights

Post by Delanor »

Moved Brians pictures here to save the Lights For Sale thread continuing.
ChocolateTeapot
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Black Cherry

Post by ChocolateTeapot »

I cancelled my order, CARID are an absolute bloody joke, the worst of all internet selling crimes is listing products as 'in stock' when they're on backorder. Fuming. :evil:
Expert thread derailer.
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Delanor »

It must be the way Americans do business if they have no stock, I bought 2 lots off them in stock and they were perfect with mine.

Del.
bunch1980
Former Member
Former Member

Post by bunch1980 »

Looked on CARID site look good but not so if they say in stock when not, in the pics the boot key hole appears to be on left is this right ours is on right?
ChocolateTeapot
Former Member
Former Member

Don't waste your time or money with them, I paid in August, it's now November and haven't heard a thing from them except 'sorry, still not in stock (even though we said they were)'. I wouldn't deal with them again now out of principle.
Expert thread derailer.
bunch1980
Former Member
Former Member

Post by bunch1980 »

Sooo they are just about as much use as a chocolate teapot eh? lol seems ebay is way to looking further back thru, though I must resist and sort other things before getting nice things!
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192

Post by Shagrington »

bunch1980 wrote:Very nice not to dark a tint either like you see boy racers with lol, whats with green badging?
Thanks - as for the green badging, I have a bit of a green theme going - green LEDS, nordic green spoiler & wheels, green Lockwood grille, green badges ... :mrgreen:
ChocolateTeapot wrote:I cancelled my order, CARID are an absolute bloody joke, the worst of all internet selling crimes is listing products as 'in stock' when they're on backorder. Fuming. :evil:
I was considering ordering some from Carid, but saw there may be a long wait involved so I resigned myself to not getting them ... then bigpete put a set up for sale, so a big thanks to him =D> and a big thanks to Aston and Essex Rotary for fitting them for me (along with the Greddy sump and uprated oil regulator thing).
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
ChocolateTeapot
Former Member
Former Member

Congratulations on the new upgrades, Brian! :thumleft:
These users thanked the author ChocolateTeapot for the post:
Shagrington (Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:29 pm)
Expert thread derailer.
Craig M
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192

Post by Craig M »

Ordered black LED tail lights from CARID back in March,(not part of group buy) been put on back order 3 times now with a new shipping date of 18th December.
Have been offered clear/smoke or refund but I really want the black ones so have decided to wait each time.
You never know, I maybe get them from Santa. [-o<
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Delanor »

Just had a look on the Carid web site and they are quoting a shipping date of 1st February 2016 for the Black & Clear tail lights but 29 sets of Smoked in stock.

Del.
Paddy2691
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Paddy2691 »

eBay lights came from Tawain with no customs or postage fee and only worked out about £40 more than the Caeid ones when you factor in customs etc.
07 Sunlight Silver 231- LC Rotary Rebuild & Street port, Team Dynamics 1.2 wheels, Exedy Clutch, Lightened flywheel, Cobra Catback, Tein Street Basis Coilovers, Whiteline adjustable ARB's, 15mm spacers, Gauges, Aero kit, EBC discs & Red Stuff pads, Braided clutch & brake lines, K&N Panel filter, Vred. Ultrac Sessanta 235/40. 8)
DirtyBurger
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Colour: Velocity Red
Been thanked: 0

Post by DirtyBurger »

non of them, they look like they belong on a corsa imo, kamikaze is the way to go
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Delanor »

£800+ for a set of Kamikaze LED tail lights - that is what they will cost you inc`painting, plus import taxes, handling charge etc.

The indicator and reversing light bulbs you can see look right at home in the pastry cutters.

I don`t think you will see an orderly queue forming for those by many owners on here.

Del.
s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mzivtins
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by mzivtins »

Delanor wrote:£800+ for a set of Kamikaze LED tail lights - that is what they will cost you inc`painting, plus import taxes, handling charge etc.

The indicator and reversing light bulbs you can see look right at home in the pastry cutters.

I don`t think you will see an orderly queue forming for those by many owners on here.

Del.
Wasn't it 800-900£ for the carbon ones? I saw that price on japanparts and i have to say, in carbon, they look incredible :)

** Edit, ok it wasn't kamikaze lights... but way better RE Amemiya full carbon tail lights... only £660...
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/40934

The FRP one are only £100 cheaper making the carbon ones look like the best when you consider carbon, style and performance.

To me a brand new tail light shouldn't go foggy after only 2 weeks like these carid ones are known to do
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Delanor »

mzivtins wrote: ** Edit, ok it wasn't kamikaze lights... but way better RE Amemiya full carbon tail lights... only £660...
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/40934

To me a brand new tail light shouldn't go foggy after only 2 weeks like these carid ones are known to do
Only £660 what about £68 shipping and then import duty/handling charge etc when they arrive, you can get thumped for a percentage of your £728 total cost depending on the carrier.

AFAIK only one set of lights have leaked and I think that was down to fitting - one wire lays across the gasket and water will probably track along it and into the light, I disconnected it then fed the wires through separate holes and re-connected the wires in the boot and mine haven`t leaked.

I`ll stick with my totally inferior £230 LED lights - they look like OE LED lights and don`t look like add ons.

Del.
p1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.