Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Re: Converting an S1 to R3

Post by Jester* »

HarSc wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:31 pm
Damn man... You must be bezza mates with a breaker if you get them quick enough to have two hah! :lol: :lol: normally the decently priced ones go in a heartbeat :p although 100% agree on the great seats part - only shame is the damn bolster wear... Mine's not looking great, but is there even a way to stop it happening/repair it? I'm damn careful getting in mine but the previous damage has been done before I got it #-o
Pure luck, I woke up after a night shift and someone advertised an R3 breaking on Facebook pretty much the minute I fired it up. Fortunately they were in a pretty good condition as well!

No idea on how to keep them looking good, I always swivel then get out of the car to try and put as little pressure through the bolsters as possible. Probably the only way would be to get them retrimmed and then look after them after that. utt saying that I have never tried any of the kits that re-dye seats,that might be an option.
Mazda 3 MPS Aero - Cosmic Blue
Mazda RX8 R3 - Aurora Blue
Mazda RX7 FD3s Type R Barthurst R
Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver
WildMan10
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Crystal White

Post by WildMan10 »

I push the seat back all the way before getting out and then pull it forward after getting in. Not ideal, but it preserves the bolster and helps access. But I do have relatively short legs (30 in inside leg).
Ian
Now back to one, a white R3. Gone but not forgotten: 04 Tit Grey 231, 06 Copper Red Evolve (231), 09 VR R3, 10 Aurora Blue R3, 06 Black PZ; RX87 13BREW project car ;-( ; 04 White with Greddy turbo conversion ;-(

Buying a used RX8 turbo is like marrying a stripper.
Beware - older people may be cr@p drivers but they can afford better lawyers
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

Jester* wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:37 am
I have never tried any of the kits that re-dye seats,that might be an option.
I tried one of them, was really good but I sold the car about a month later so can't comment on the longevity of the issue. The main problem I encountered is when the damage to the seat bolster is on the stitching as the dye is black and the stitching is red...
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead

LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
Alexpb2401
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Aluminium Silver

Post by Alexpb2401 »

*thomas* wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:26 pm
Hi all

I'd like to give my S1 RX8 a make-over and make it look like an R3 (yes, that's cheating, but don't care 8) ) . But, I have no idea how much this will set me back and if it's worth it to buy all these parts from multiple vendors.

When searching on ebay, it seems that buying a whole R3 seems like a cheaper option, but is it?

You could wonder why I didn't just buy an R3 to start with? Simple: LHD R3 are very rare and cost over 20 000€... :(

Thanks

T.
You can buy my R3 for a reasonable price :D
bigpete8
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by bigpete8 »

I think you may be sitting on the wrong side of the car for him.
Sunlight Silver 231

Pete/Peter him/he/hrh couldn't really care as have 3 siblings and was lucky not to get called by the dogs name.

Living with a rotary - 7 Years in
viewtopic.php?p=1105043#p1105043
*thomas*
Non Member
Non Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by *thomas* »

Lot's of replies since I last checked. For some reason, I started to appreciate the S1 lines more and more. For now, i'll focus on other things first (like suspension which needs an overhaul).

Thanks for all the input guys, hope this thread will also be useful to others.