RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Custom
Has thanked: 0

And to help enjoy the new Tein coilovers to the max

Post by RX8R3Rod »

In another thread I’ve been waffling on about how good I’ve found the Tein Active Monosport coilovers to be.

I’ve always enjoyed driving the RX8’s I’ve owned, but these have taken it to a new level entirely for me, banishing understeer with a lovely sense of neutrality.

And that got me thinking ... my means of controlling all this enjoyment was in need of a bit of love ...sorry for double-picture, can’t get rid of it.
412C0BDC-0D50-4D8A-9CAD-8D1808564ABE.jpeg
Like a number of other folks, I’ve beaten a path to RoyalSteeringWheels where for a not wholly princely sum I can drive in in 2 weeks time and come out (with a car that looks like it might have turned into an MX5 NC #-o ) with one these in the bottom picture attached
412C0BDC-0D50-4D8A-9CAD-8D1808564ABE.jpeg
:D

Really excited about it!

And many thanks to other members for having flagged up Royal :thumright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010
Tein Monosport EDFC Active coilovers, K-Sport BBK 8-pot forge 356mm front, 4-pot BBK 330 mm rear, 20" ATS Racelight, Michelin PS 4 245/30/20, Pettit exhaust, Pettit front and RB rear ARB's, Cusco strut and brake brace, Full Paintshieldx2, Rustmasterx2, and Rustbusterx2, M'Z Custom nose and rear skirts
190 Winning Blue 05-08, R3 Aurora Blue 08-10 ... fabulous friends
Goobie
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Crystal White

Re: And to help enjoy the new Tein coilovers to the max

Post by Goobie »

You've really been bitten by the modding bug lately Rod! You will love this once its done, top must have this.

If you haven't considered it already, then I think I know what your next mod will be, short shifter!!
RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8R3Rod »

I must say I am v much looking forward to it! I do seem to have been, don’t I? 🤔 Though to be fair, the coilovers were a distress purchase that turned out to be a driving blessing.

I’m guessing you’ve had your wheel done already? 😀 How do you find it, if you don’t mind my asking?

As for the the short shifter ... it’s already in the bag 👍🏻
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010
Tein Monosport EDFC Active coilovers, K-Sport BBK 8-pot forge 356mm front, 4-pot BBK 330 mm rear, 20" ATS Racelight, Michelin PS 4 245/30/20, Pettit exhaust, Pettit front and RB rear ARB's, Cusco strut and brake brace, Full Paintshieldx2, Rustmasterx2, and Rustbusterx2, M'Z Custom nose and rear skirts
Goobie
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Crystal White

Post by Goobie »

Ive had them do two of my wheels now, best mod. I prefer the combo I had done to my type r wheel, looks good and feel nice on the hands with the alcantara at the top and bottom.

I’ve used this car in both freezing conditions and burning hot summer, and with having the top and bottom sections wrap in the alcantara I don’t get the to cold or to hot to touch that you get with all leather wrapped wheels.

The bonus with having the sides in leather is, if you do happen to have greasy hands/fingers for whatever reason, just use/hold the wheel at the sides till you get a chance to give your hands a wash.

Example, if I’m working on my car and need to move it or turn the wheels quickly etc, I’ll only touch the leather sections. That way, with that part being leather, simple wipe clean.

It’s now my first go to mod having the wheel re-trimmed. It’s right there in your face every time you use your car and you physically seeing and using it.

I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8R3Rod »

Ooh, many thanks for the info!

I can definitely see the logic in what you’re saying (and once she’s seen it I imagine Cheryl’s MX5 will be headed to Royal, too).

Those wheels look absolutely fabulous IMHO 👍🏻
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010
V8 Power
Former Member
Former Member

Post by V8 Power »

All the examples above look superb!
Personally I would have the Alcantara or Suede where you hold the wheel as I find the texture great.
Royal always seem to do a good job and their work enhances the look of any interior
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence " Carl Sagan.
RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8R3Rod »

4A20409B-A88B-46DE-B1F8-C06D84218B73.jpeg
A big thank you to all the folks who recommended Royal :-)

Even the colour is (IMHO) a great match.
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010
13Black
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by 13Black »

Yes apologies Rod - nothing to do with the Monos which are lovely units.
These users thanked the author 13Black for the post (total 2):
GreySilver Beast (Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:19 pm) • V8 Power (Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:46 am)
-= Rotormelon Money Pit Build of Tasteless Questionable Bodgery =-
Experimelon 183whp rebuild | Rotary Revs D585s | PZ Suspension | Hawk & Yellowstuff pads | Extra steering lock | Custom exhaust | Added rearward flames of glory | Unnecessarily repurposed ball gags
-= Clicky click for build thread =-
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington »

Just so everybody with an interest is aware, I have moved the request for advice about the Tein Street Basis Z suspension and the various responses etc to Kamys original thread which can be found here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81228&p=1248785#p1247537
These users thanked the author Shagrington for the post (total 3):
warpc0il (Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:02 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:02 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:19 pm)
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry: