_melomanoyo_
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow
Has thanked: 0

Hi everyone :)

Post by _melomanoyo_ »

Well, finally I was buy my first rotary :wink2:, the engine is rebuilded by rotorshopEU, now have 4000 kms. using Idemitsu 10W30, and the rest of the car wasn´t so bad after 15 years :cwm27:, the next week I´m going to change the radiator Koyo 36mm, all the hoses, the thermostat and the expansion tank, also install the syncro saver, the R-Magic shift color and the oil and principal radiator protectors, before that I was change the tires, the oils from the gearbox and differential and I clean the engine bay and the interior, buuuuuuuuuf a lot of work, but I´ve the perpetual smile on my face any time I see it :D

Ok that´s enough wordiness :roll: , I only have this horrible pics by now, but in the future I like to take some good pics:

Returning home after buying it:

With my friends from http://www.mx5forum.es/forum/ (I´ve a MX5 NC1 2.0 RC too, pic at the bottom):

Ready to dream :) :

I used a lot of information from this forum to select my car, for that, many thanks to everybody who make possible this site with yours posts and information.

Rotative regards to everybody :thumleft:

P.D.: Track day on Jarama circuit (Madrid, Spain)

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor

Re: Hi everyone :)

Post by warpc0il »

Got to love the colour ;)
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
Rostyghost
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Rostyghost »

Yeah, what an awesome colour. (:
Current: 2010 Black Abarth 500 Esseesse; Sabelt Seats, EBC Brakes; Ulter stainless steel exhaust; BMC air intake.

Ex: 2004 Velocity Red S1; RRP Coil Pack & MSD Leads, Mishimoto oil catch can & magnetic drain plug, Cobra rear exhaust; Motul 6100 + Motul 710; Autobot Drift figure on the dashboard 8)
njkmr
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black

Post by njkmr »

Looks really good, even better with the alloys painted black..?
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor

Post by warpc0il »

Yellow & Black :D

My car is known as "The Angry Wasp"
https://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/v ... 3#p1227513
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

Hi everyone :)

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Hi & :welcome: to the RX-8OC :thumleft:

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's for anything coming up soon in your area :thumleft:

Events Team
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington »

Hi and :welcome: _melomanoyo_ :D Very pleased to hear the information here helped you find your car ... it looks like a good one - and it is very yellow. 8)
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
_melomanoyo_
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by _melomanoyo_ »

Many thanks to everybody for your welcome :oops:

I always have black cars, but in this case, I felt in love with this yellow, maybe for the 40 years old crisis :lol:

When I finish to put in order all the mechanic parts, I will paint, or change, the wheels, but right now all my efforts are on the way to left the car in the better mechanical conditions, because 15 years take toll for everyone :lol:, so I promise more photos when the car be improve with new things.

Thanks again :thumright:
These users thanked the author _melomanoyo_ for the post:
acegeezer (Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:22 am)
_melomanoyo_
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by _melomanoyo_ »

Well, very bad news :( the engine of my RX-8 is completely dead:

This engine was "new" from Rotorshop.eu, with around 8.000kms, the seller only say me that Rotorshop don´t answer his eMails, and both, he and Rotorshop, are passing around.

The engine was warm up, and cold down properly, I see the oil every fuel refill, and I drove it around 3.000kms, always premium fuel 98, and premix 150ml of Idemitsu every full tank....all the best practices tips was followed.

Finally, I'm going to borrow more and I'll put a new engine........more than anything, because if I sell it that way I would lose a fortune,but right now I hate the car a lot, to be honest, I don´t like it.

Sad with the seller, sad with the company Rotorshop and although it is hard for me to say, with the car, an illusion has become a problem.

I´ll try to update this post with news when I have them.
Honkytonk
Media Team
Media Team
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Honkytonk »

I'm really sorry to hear that - it's perfectly normal to be upset with the car for something like this. But don't do anything hasty, stay patient with it, and once it's been rebuilt by someone with better customer service than you've been receiving, you'll really appreciate your patience.

Commiserations, and I hope you stick with it.
Want to Take Part in the Club YouTube channel? Click Here!

Marvel at the Amazing Technicolour P-Shed Project Thread
And my OEM-only Luton Adonis, the Mighty Vectra!
Rostyghost
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Rostyghost »

Oh man. Now that's a bummer!
Like Honky said, just try to be as calm as you can. I met many people who were saying how difficult it is to look after these cars, but even more how sad they are that they don't own these ones no more.
Keep on sending messages to rotaryshop, maybe try to find their phone number or see if anyone else had to deal with them and go on from there. But, as one of those people who now regrets about selling his RX-8, let me assure you that you have a car that is worth to go through one, two or sometimes even three and more major problems. This car is one in its kind and probably there will be no more like them. If you can afford it without getting yourself into any significant financial struggles - just carry on. Those memories that this car can give you are worth it.

But for now, one step at a time. Try to get in touch with that shop and see what they have to say.

Keep us updated.
Current: 2010 Black Abarth 500 Esseesse; Sabelt Seats, EBC Brakes; Ulter stainless steel exhaust; BMC air intake.

Ex: 2004 Velocity Red S1; RRP Coil Pack & MSD Leads, Mishimoto oil catch can & magnetic drain plug, Cobra rear exhaust; Motul 6100 + Motul 710; Autobot Drift figure on the dashboard 8)
_melomanoyo_
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by _melomanoyo_ »

Rostyghost wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:51 pm
Oh man. Now that's a bummer!
Like Honky said, just try to be as calm as you can. I met many people who were saying how difficult it is to look after these cars, but even more how sad they are that they don't own these ones no more.
Keep on sending messages to rotaryshop, maybe try to find their phone number or see if anyone else had to deal with them and go on from there. But, as one of those people who now regrets about selling his RX-8, let me assure you that you have a car that is worth to go through one, two or sometimes even three and more major problems. This car is one in its kind and probably there will be no more like them. If you can afford it without getting yourself into any significant financial struggles - just carry on. Those memories that this car can give you are worth it.

But for now, one step at a time. Try to get in touch with that shop and see what they have to say.

Keep us updated.
Honkytonk wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:36 pm
I'm really sorry to hear that - it's perfectly normal to be upset with the car for something like this. But don't do anything hasty, stay patient with it, and once it's been rebuilt by someone with better customer service than you've been receiving, you'll really appreciate your patience.

Commiserations, and I hope you stick with it.
Many thanks for your cheerings, I really appreciate it ;)

Right now the car is on the hands of good mechanics, they were work on Mazda for many years, have courses of rotary engines and a lot of experience on this cars, after change radiator by a KOYO, hoses Autobahn88, water tank original from Mazda, thermostat from Mishimoto, adding grilles to protect the radiators, install the synchro protector and the R-magic, change all the oils, engine, gearbox and differential and new tyres, now I´m going to change engine, new from Mazda, engine mounts and coils from RRP, wires of MSD, sparks NGK, Epitroch SOHN adapter, Exedy cluth Stage 1, all the suff needed to have three gauges to control the oil and water temp and the oil pressure too, all from ProSport and a magnetic oil plug and oil, Idemitsu, and filters to make one oil change after the first 1000 or 1500 kms and after the first 5000 kms we´re made another oil change to prevent to the max the metal debris that can be detached in the engine run.

I suppouse that all the people that read this forum, knows the amount of money needed to make all this changes, it´s a big effort for me, but I hope that after all thats changes, the car is in a good condition and I can enjoy it a little bit, at least while I pay the loan #-o #-o

Thanks again, I will update the post when I´ve news.
30405 (Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 pm)
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor

Post by warpc0il »

Just a tiny bit more investment, in OC membership, and not only do you get access to all the good stuff but you can add your own project thread.

Sounds like this car will more than justify it.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
Honkytonk
Media Team
Media Team
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Honkytonk »

Warpcoil wants you here so there are some more yellows about ;)
These users thanked the author Honkytonk for the post:
warpc0il (Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:25 am)
Want to Take Part in the Club YouTube channel? Click Here!

Marvel at the Amazing Technicolour P-Shed Project Thread
And my OEM-only Luton Adonis, the Mighty Vectra!
_melomanoyo_
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by _melomanoyo_ »

The last week the new engine arrive to the workshop:

And when start to take out the old engine, we found new surprises:

1st: Two hoses from the lubrication system, are broken:

2nd: After see that, we check the oil injectors, and two of four are defective, so I need to order for new injectors:

My mechanic are now sure that this two issues could have caused the premature engine wear.

3rd: In the intake manifold have deleted a mechanism used to modulate the amount of air that enter on the engine through the intake ports, fortunately they have another manifold on the workshop and they´re going to try to put the mechanism on my manifold, or if this is not possible, try to put the other intake manifold in my engine:

And looks that this are the last surprises, because there aren't many more things that can fail.

They´re starting to put all the accessories on the new engine:

The next Monday, the injectors and the oil hoses arrive to the workshop, then we can continue with the transplant, I hope that this was the lastest bad news.

I´ll continue to report when there is new news, cheers!!
Honkytonk (Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:15 pm)
njkmr
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black

Post by njkmr »

Great progress , nearly there .