What have you done to your RX-8 today????

Place for discussions about the RX-8
Neilparry
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Re: What have you done to your RX-8 today????

Post by Neilparry »

No rx8s at Spa today
But Mazda Was supporting a very nice red MPS 6 ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wash:
Honkytonk
Media Team
Media Team
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Honkytonk »

Was it running that fancy new range extender Wankel?!?!?! :lol:

BigPete has sorted me a bracket for first class tomorrow, thanks BigPete!
These users thanked the author Honkytonk for the post:
30405 (Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 pm)
Want to Take Part in the Club YouTube channel? Click Here!

Marvel at the Amazing Technicolour P-Shed Project Thread
And my OEM-only Luton Adonis, the Mighty Vectra!
v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex »

Got an Exedy clutch installed today by Luke MRS, and whilst we were doing that noticed the cat was on it's way out. So located and put on a new cat as well !!
Madman0405
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Madman0405 »

Started logging fuel to calculate MPG
nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by nightfire10 »

Wouldn't even bother with an 8 just enjoy it!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author nightfire10 for the post:
Nickp47 (Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:39 pm)
Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers edfc Racingbeat rear anti roll bar oil pres oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front rear grills,Tinted wind ws folding tow hook's,595s,connect2 ,at long last sohn and ap50 tank instaled ,revi ram air duct already fitted ! calipers painted,diff oil changed .
just oil lines to fit at some stage ( had them a while too) :P

180 of 400
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by Ollie »

Tried giving the inside of the windscreen a clean to see if I could get rid of the annoying marks it had on it when it misted up.. Hopefully its worked! Shall find out tomorrow I imagine. Also dusted off everything... Just waiting for some alright weather to wash and hoover it out before it goes storage mode sometime soon for winter.

Im considering getting a dehumidifer for inside the car and probably a solar battery drip of some description but I have no clue what to get. (The cars going to be outside but hopefully under a shelter I'll be building soon!) Probably put a cover on it as well.. Any suggestions for a cabin dehumidifer and a solar charger?
Club Treasurer

Kentaro The Red - Sadly fallen...
Star Platinum - Work in progress

For whats pending... See here: viewtopic.php?f=204&t=86071
Bigblueknight3k
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Bigblueknight3k »

Mine is cheaper than my Subaru v1 wrx lol thats a bouns

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex »

Yorindesarin wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:42 pm
Tried giving the inside of the windscreen a clean to see if I could get rid of the annoying marks it had on it when it misted up.. Hopefully its worked! Shall find out tomorrow I imagine. Also dusted off everything... Just waiting for some alright weather to wash and hoover it out before it goes storage mode sometime soon for winter.

Im considering getting a dehumidifer for inside the car and probably a solar battery drip of some description but I have no clue what to get. (The cars going to be outside but hopefully under a shelter I'll be building soon!) Probably put a cover on it as well.. Any suggestions for a cabin dehumidifer and a solar charger?
I had the AA solar charger which plugs into your OBD2 port, and gave me decent few years of service. But make sure you test the one way diode regularly. Think mine shorted out and I noticed it actually started to discharge the battery when not in the sun !!
v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex »

Yorindesarin wrote:

I did use the charger locked inside the car though. With a cover on I guess you want some sort of external charger ?
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ollie »

Yeah possibly something I could put on the roof of the structure I'm going to make for the car if possible would be ideal!

Just had a look at the AA charger on amazon, seems to come with the ability to attach it directly to the battery which I presume means the solar panel is useable outside of the car?
Club Treasurer

phoenix11
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by phoenix11 »

Madman0405 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:36 pm
Why?
Take it easy = sh*t
Hammer it = sh*t

:thumright:
These users thanked the author phoenix11 for the post:
nightfire10 (Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:59 pm)
Devon_Fourie
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192

Post by Devon_Fourie »

Madman0405 wrote:Started logging fuel to calculate MPG

So have I but not to try be good but just a conversation against my boss’s Porsche and ex 350z

This was just my reading between 2 partial fuel ups. Using the app Fuelly

johnbb99
Former Member
Former Member

Post by johnbb99 »

Made myself an idiot's guide to dipstick levels:-
colour-coded dipstick.png
Shamelessly stolen from Dave’s post in
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=50814&p=1201466&hi ... 1#p1201466 (you may need to scroll up a touch)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John -- ex-owner of a Winning Blue 231
nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by nightfire10 »

More of what I haven't done! My samsung 7 conenected to my elm obd11 no prob but not my new one hawawi p30pro anyone found this?
Cheers Steve

Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers edfc Racingbeat rear anti roll bar oil pres oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front rear grills,Tinted wind ws folding tow hook's,595s,connect2 ,at long last sohn and ap50 tank instaled ,revi ram air duct already fitted ! calipers painted,diff oil changed .
just oil lines to fit at some stage ( had them a while too) :P

180 of 400
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ollie »

Going to have to try cleaning the inside of the windscreen again.. Still has some smears on it probably made from the first attempt at cleaning it.
Club Treasurer

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex »

Yorindesarin wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:57 pm
Yeah possibly something I could put on the roof of the structure I'm going to make for the car if possible would be ideal!

Just had a look at the AA charger on amazon, seems to come with the ability to attach it directly to the battery which I presume means the solar panel is useable outside of the car?
I think it can, but in my case I specifically got it as I could keep it locked in the car and connect via the OBD2 port. In your case you might be better suited with another one which is more weatherproof ? Am pretty sure the AA one is designed to be inside the car, either on the dashboard or stuck to the windscreen.
v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex »

nightfire10 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:05 am
More of what I haven't done! My samsung 7 conenected to my elm obd11 no prob but not my new one hawawi p30pro anyone found this?
Cheers Steve

When I switched phones my new one was playing up with my OBD2 device. It is some chinese elm thing which worked fine when I had my nexus 5, and seemed to work ok with my wife's samsung 9. I have a samsung a3. In the end I went to the bluetooth cache and cleaned it and now it all works fine with the Torque app. I suspect it has some old settings from my old phone or something.

Followed something like this below to do it.

https://help.elitehrv.com/article/135-c ... he-android
These users thanked the author v-rex for the post:
nightfire10 (Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:18 pm)
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ollie »

Inside my windscreen is definitely somewhat worse than before but also clears way faster... Think Ill give cleaning it another go tonight... First got to hoover the floor mats!
Club Treasurer

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

Be careful with the hoover under the seats, this is the most common cause of problems with the airbag system, as they're connectors underneath that don't like being knocked about.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
Madman0405
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by Madman0405 »

phoenix11 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:53 pm
Madman0405 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:36 pm
Why?
Take it easy = sh*t
Hammer it = sh*t

:thumright:
HAHA!
Thought i would see if doing oil filters and coolant change makes much of a difference.
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ollie »

Last I looked under the seats weren't too bad. I don't take many parcel shelf passengers. :p So I should be alright just cleaning up the drivers and passengers footwell. But I'll keep an eye out if I do go under the seats a bit more.
Club Treasurer

New Duke
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by New Duke »

Yorindesarin wrote:
Yorindesarin wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm
Inside my windscreen is definitely somewhat worse than before but also clears way faster... Think Ill give cleaning it another go tonight... First got to hoover the floor mats!
Try four of these first before you go plugging in a solar thingy and leaving a powered dehumidifier in the car for long periods. Especially if you car lives outside (whether under a shelter or not). These bags can soak up loads if you place them in various places around the car and are easy to reset.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I3VKBJS/ ... LDbTTT3A4E

I use a powered dehumidifier and they're great, but it's a big one in the garage where my 8 sleeps. The same one as casey has and Warpc0il had.

I'm not sure what the climate is like up where you are. But if you think the floor mats might be at all damp/mouldy then before locking it up for winter it might be worth just binning the mats. A new set is only £20 from any dealer. Locking in any damp/mould will end in tears.

What did you use on inside of the windscreen? Any glass cleaner like Windolene or Autoglym Fast Glass should degrease it in one go. Applied to a dry microfibre cloth or kitchen towel (not applied direct to the windscreen) then followed up with a dry wipe. If it's still fogging up then you've got serious damp and shouldn't leave it closed over winter... or just moved around the grease on the first clean attempt.

Can't remember if you said you've already replaced the pollen filter? That may well help.

Definitely don't put a cover over the car unless it's bone dry and sparkling clean first. And ensure it's a thick, fleece-lined and breathable, tethered cover. Should cost about £150-£200. Otherwise you'll do more harm than good and have an expensive headache to deal with come spring.

Apologies if you already knew all that.
These users thanked the author New Duke for the post:
Ollie (Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:37 pm)
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ollie »

New Duke wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:55 pm
Yorindesarin wrote:
Yorindesarin wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm
Try four of these first before you go plugging in a solar thingy and leaving a powered dehumidifier in the car for long periods. Especially if you car lives outside (whether under a shelter or not). These bags can soak up loads if you place them in various places around the car and are easy to reset.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I3VKBJS/ ... LDbTTT3A4E

I use a powered dehumidifier and they're great, but it's a big one in the garage where my 8 sleeps. The same one as casey has and Warpc0il had.

I'm not sure what the climate is like up where you are. But if you think the floor mats might be at all damp/mouldy then before locking it up for winter it might be worth just binning the mats. A new set is only £20 from any dealer. Locking in any damp/mould will end in tears.

What did you use on inside of the windscreen? Any glass cleaner like Windolene or Autoglym Fast Glass should degrease it in one go. Applied to a dry microfibre cloth or kitchen towel (not applied direct to the windscreen) then followed up with a dry wipe. If it's still fogging up then you've got serious damp and shouldn't leave it closed over winter... or just moved around the grease on the first clean attempt.

Can't remember if you said you've already replaced the pollen filter? That may well help.

Definitely don't put a cover over the car unless it's bone dry and sparkling clean first. And ensure it's a thick, fleece-lined and breathable, tethered cover. Should cost about £150-£200. Otherwise you'll do more harm than good and have an expensive headache to deal with come spring.

Apologies if you already knew all that.
Cheers for the advice. I think I just managed to move the grease around and take some off last time I tried cleaning it! I used Maguiers Glass cleaner whatever its called, applied to a dry microfibre cloth and then dry wiped off. Haven't changed the pollen filter it was on my list of things to get done might do that before putting it away.

I think my mats are free from damp. And Ill grab some of those dehumidifier bags tomorrow. The climates cold and wet like most of the UK, but more extreme on the coldness!

I may skip the cover since the shelter Ill be building will hopefully be enough to keep the worst of the weather off!

My biggest worry aside from obvious condensation/damp inside the car is the battery going flat since its not that old of a battery... Hence the want of a solar trickle charger.
Club Treasurer

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

I too have had a solar charger go bad and actually flatten the battery beyond recovery.
viewtopic.php?p=1223550#p1223550
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ollie »

Yeah I think I remember reading that Dave. But if it's not a solar charger I'm not sure what else to do really.
Club Treasurer