2019 Annual Meet Weekend & AGM *Feedback, Photos & Video*

Meets organised by the Club (Annual Meet, Annual General Meeting...)
mi60o0
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Brilliant Black

Re: Annual Meet Weekend & AGM *Feedback, Photos & Video*

Post by mi60o0 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:48 am

4rotor wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:26 am
Another of mine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your 192 is amazing imo and well done
These users thanked the author mi60o0 for the post (total 2):
4rotor (Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:24 am) • CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:58 am)
BatRex 192 stock

4rotor
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 192

Post by 4rotor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:28 am

Thankyou!!

Is interesting as the power isn’t that different from MrSpiller’s 231 when you watch the vid on the straights etc. Would imagine a ported 231 should be a little better again.

Still comes back to basics for me, good tyres, reasonable suspension and brakes is all you need

These users thanked the author 4rotor for the post (total 2):
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:59 am) • ChrisHolmes (Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:45 am)

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Copper Red

Post by mrspiller » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 am

A healthy ported engine probably would make a bit of a difference , mine is currently gaining oil level , the oil smells of petrol , so I have a suspected minor crack in the side seal . It runs fine and if I wasn’t using a sohn I would never have noticed .
I think the difference on the straight was more gearing of the car as your was much quicker low down .

Wayne

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 am

MightyCondor wrote:
mrspiller wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm
Alan , if your running standard shocks you were flying around Mallory when I was up there Image
Thanks for noticing :D Seriously though, I also noticed that Mallory was definitely a high water mark for me. I felt like a hero there simply because I got to grips with Gerrards and the Esses quite quickly and attacked them with more aggression than usual. For whatever reason, that track suited me.

I actually quite like my current suspension setup as it feels like there's a lot of feedback from it, while still being quite capable. Probably sums up why I love RX-8's so much. Mallory aside, I might not be posting fast lap times with my current car, but it's still allowing me to improve. My current long term plan is that I'll treat myself to a better track weapon once I think I'm confident enough (and more importantly can afford one).
You were very quick through Gerard’s , I wish I had more time on the track to get to grips with it . Eh oh , there’s always this year

Dr. FrankenRex
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Dr. FrankenRex » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:17 am

I'd ask if anyone got any pictures of FrankenRex out on track, but as I was only allowed out for a sum-total of 3 laps I imagine not... :(
These users thanked the author Dr. FrankenRex for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 am)
FrankenRex2, leaner and meaner. RR Full Bridge rebuild with Race Extension porting, Cusco Strut Brace, RB Header, RB Dual Res Decat, Pettit Catback, Eibach lowering springs, Maserati 6 pot brakes, braided brake lines, custom built DRLs, track wheels, Custom front and rear lights, braided clutch line, RB ARBs - the list goes on!

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Annual Meet Weekend & AGM *Feedback, Photos & Video*

Post by GreySilver Beast » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:53 am

Well I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend with their favorite Car Club :thumleft:

What makes this so worthwhile for the whole Team is all the smiley faces, the laughs and of course the banter throughout the day at the Track and the Hotel \:D/

It was agreed afterwards by your Committee that this was one of the best Events we have ever done and that the AGM was very cordial and constructive :thumleft:

We hope you enjoyed the Food Selection that was available. The
Events Team have taken onboard that there were insufficient desserts for everyone on the Sunday :( - We will of course take this up with the Hotel on your behalf. Happily, there was plenty of the delicious 15th Anniversary Rotor cake, supplied by Ian and Jackie Mothersole, to go around ;)

We hope you all had lovely rooms and Nigel in particular was very happy with his easy access room, on which someone commented on that there was enough room in the Bathroom to "swing a cat" :lol:

ImageImageImage

The Club Secretary got a special mention as per usual as believe it or not there is hell a lot of work done "behind the scenes" that our very own Malcolm aka casey has to do to get the ball rolling for this Event :o
He received Coasters spelling R X 8 as his Gift from all the Members :P

We did the usual Awards and sadly Brian, aka Shagrington, couldn't join us as he is currently swanning around South East Asia on Holiday, but this will be rectified when Stuart, aka Studle, and Nigel, aka GSB will see him at the next Surrey Meet and present his Award :thumleft:
He will receive a Silver Colour Zippo Lighter with an engraved message on it =D>

We gave a lovely Award to Victoria, aka Rutz, for her umpteam years within this wonderful club and for her services on the Committee =D>
Her Gift from all the Members was a Sterling Silver Bracelet especially made by Claire Bear :thumleft:

For the first time ever an Award was given to Non-Member who puts a lot of time and effort into our Club, especially all them photos at Annual Meets. His name is Neil Carter and was presented with Honorary Partner Membership for 1yr which now entitles him to bring his Tesla Model S P100D onto our Club Stands when they don't have to be Japanese Cars =D> =D> =D> =D>
We also gave him a few Ale Beers that Neil is very fond of :beer:

The Events Team also gave a thank you present to Claire Bear for her help "behind the scenes" in setting up this event, helping her partner Azam, aka Cloverleaf159 :thumleft:

The Events Team are all enjoying seeing all the lovely photos and videos being posted up :arrow:

Also good to see New Members attending this years Annual Meet, although some were lent on by our very own
Events Coordinator ;)

All that remains to be said is thank you for coming to this years Annual Meet and I'm glad you all seemed to be enjoying it =D>

We all look forward to seeing you at the 2020 Event up North next year :thumleft:

Events Team
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post (total 7):
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:56 am) • goodeggbob (Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:53 pm) • nightfire10 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:46 pm) • Reloy (Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:19 pm) • AMH (Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:03 pm) • Salokin (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm) • Shagrington (Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:53 pm)
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar - Gang Bang Car Club - My Website - GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
S/Days-C/limits = 17
Skid Pan = 1
Go Karting = 1
3 MPS MKII T/Days = 6
RX-8 R3 T/Days = 5 + 7 session's
GT86 T/Days = 51.5 + 31 session's
Total = 62.5 + 38 session's
Cars Driven = 182

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:20 pm

My perspective on the weekend....

TRACK:
As a relatively new member of the Committee, I'd like to say it was fantastic to see the support from Members for the trackday on Saturday, with all 36 places sold =D>

I was was quite busy during the day, liaising with the Track Manager, Peter Mowlam, and the ARDS instructor, David Da Costa, to ensure the day went as smoothly as possible. In fact, working "behind the scenes" with Peter, David and the rest of the Track Staff turned out to be both interesting and quite good fun, especially being able to monitor all radio traffic during the day and being easily able to contact Peter with enquiries.

Apologies that, due to the fog delayed start and the extended Red Flag, not everyone got their session with David, but he did manage to help 10 people, with 3 missing out. Nevertheless, from my perspective, the day was a massive success and it will encourage the Committee to continue to offer something "motorsport" related again, connected to the AGM. The Committee took a risk in booking Castle Combe, which entailed paying a very large lump sum up-front, but the tremendous support from Members means almost all the cost has been recouped and it's cost the club less than we budgetted :D

Despite being busy, I managed just as many sessions out on track as I would have done on a public trackday. The fact that it was a Club exclusive day at a "real" circuit made it extra special and it's a memory that I shall look back on with great pleasure.

DINNER:
I thank the rest of the Committee for my surprise presentation of a set of Club themed coasters, which have already been pressed into service at my home :thumleft: I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant evening, with good service, food, drink and, of course, the company of such a great bunch of people. The only slight negative to the evening was the Bar staff, who didn't meet the high standards of all other departments in the hotel. Nigel and I have fed that back to the Events Manager at the hotel who is our point of contact.

I didn't win a raffle prize :( ;) , but thank Carl at Ryan Rotary for the generous donation of prizes =D> I must also thank Azam and Claire for their efforts in organising the balloons, banner and raffle. Thanks also to Ian and Jackie Mothersole for the incredible set of rotor shaped cakes on rotor cakeboards. They not only looked good, but tasted really delicious too!

AGM:
My first AGM sitting on "the other side" of the table. I felt we were able to air the Agenda items very constructively and it was great to see some genuinely good ideas emerged from the discussion. I can only hope that my notes are good enough to have captured everything. I will be writing up the Minutes in the next day or two, submitingt them to the other Committee Members for approval, then I hope to publish them on the forum next week, if all goes to plan.

FINALLY:
I was concerned that, as a Committee Member now, I would not be able to enjoy the weekend as much as I have done previously on many occasions as a Member. I'm pleased to report that I can honestly say I enjoyed the whole weekend MORE than any previous AGM weekend, which is down to you, the Members, who make these gatherings so pleasurable. Nigel and I, together with the assistance or other members of your Events Team put in a lot of hours to make this event happen, particularly from early December 2018 right up until the event itself. I think it was a great success and speaking to many of you, you felt the same, which is both a great relief and makes our efforts all worthwhile. I think it's going to be a tough job to try and make the event even better next year, but we'll do our best!
These users thanked the author casey for the post (total 11):
stewartm (Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:32 pm) • MightyCondor (Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:38 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:46 pm) • nightfire10 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm) • CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:17 pm) • Reloy (Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:19 pm) • AMH (Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:06 pm) • TheJDMStereotype (Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:29 pm) • Salokin (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm) • KJB (Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:37 pm) and one more user
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

Conan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Conan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Well done Guys and Girls of course who helped at the weekend =D> =D> =D>
These users thanked the author Conan for the post (total 3):
GreySilver Beast (Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:52 pm) • CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:18 pm) • casey (Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:19 pm)
Events Coordinator. 2014 to 2017

I’m an expert in nothing....I have made mistakes in everything

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:25 pm

This is my Personnel Post as a Member

I had a fantastic weekend and agree with Malcolm that this has to go down to being one of the best Annual Meets that have ever been organised for the members =D> and I have been attending them since November 2009 :!:

Did offer Nick a bed (floor) for the night :kiss: , but he felt it would be better for him to stay somewhere else in the area and then he would be able to sit down at the AGM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note the Two Bottles of Pink Champagne that Ann and I managed to polish off was very good and both commented on how nice it was =D>

Louis Dornier et Fils Brut Rosé, Champagne, France Fresh strawberries and cream - perfect for a special occasion. 46.00 bottle

We even shared the first bottle with Malcolm and Lizzie (Humane-Hobgoblin Girlfriend) :shock:

I managed to drive 64miles around the track averaging 16.2mpg on just over 1/2 a tank of Shell V power 99ron :shock: , was happy with my time out there and like Malcolm having driven Castle Combe before was able to push the car to it's limits, so didn't need to spend longer on the track like some other Members on the day :thumleft:

Anyway that's about it for me and all I can say is roll on next years Annual Meet =D> and my next Track Day in Germany on Tuesday 23rd April :twisted:
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post (total 3):
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:28 pm) • nightfire10 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:42 pm) • Salokin (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm)
RX-8OC Club Calendar - Gang Bang Car Club - My Website - GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
S/Days-C/limits = 17
Skid Pan = 1
Go Karting = 1
3 MPS MKII T/Days = 6
Cars Driven = 182

dern
Club Member
Club Member

Post by dern » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:48 pm

Only attended the track day bit but thanks to all involved, it was superb.

I never felt that the track was busy though, plenty of track time and very little queueing.
These users thanked the author dern for the post (total 3):
GreySilver Beast (Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:04 pm) • casey (Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:19 pm) • CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:25 pm)
Red 231 with Haywards stage 2 engine, Tein Mono Sport coilovers with EDFC2 controller, stripped out interior, sunroof delete and racing beat anti-roll bars

boosted
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Post by boosted » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:03 pm

this'll make you laugh.....
These users thanked the author boosted for the post (total 3):
casey (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:09 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:02 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 pm)
231 streetported Rx8 renny powered Westfield kit race car.
92 Rx7 fd3s stock twins..est.320bhp. Track car.

boosted
Club Member
Club Member

Post by boosted » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:09 pm

and 2 more little clips without my Turnip accent...

These users thanked the author boosted for the post (total 4):
Eddie_r32 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:21 pm) • CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:27 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:04 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:55 pm)

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Oh my that was sooooooo close ..... I was trying to get a run through the corner and I think steve seen me and backed off . It felt like inches ..... looks like at least a few more from that angle ..
I can’t hear any volume , is that just me ?

These users thanked the author mrspiller for the post:
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:34 pm)

boosted
Club Member
Club Member

Post by boosted » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Defo sound onit...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Lemon
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Lemon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:05 pm

I got sound.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Stu

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Another clip of 2 sessions where I let Scott through in his Integra and then tried (in vain!) to keep up - but it was huge fun trying :lol:

Some views of other RX-8's too - good flames from Matt's car at 3m52s in :shock:

These users thanked the author casey for the post (total 2):
GreySilver Beast (Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:18 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:58 pm)
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by nightfire10 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 pm

mrspiller wrote:
boosted wrote:this'll make you laugh.....
Oh my that was sooooooo close ..... I was trying to get a run through the corner and I think steve seen me and backed off . It felt like inches ..... looks like at least a few more from that angle ..

Hello from Poland! I did see you coming lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author nightfire10 for the post:
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm)
Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers with edfc,Racingbeat rear anti roll bar,oil pressure and oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front and rear grills,Tinted windows,folding tow hook's,595s,connect2
To do install sohn tank bracket made but still need to get time to install,caliper painting :thumright:

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Anyway back on topic please boys and girls :thumleft: - Events Team
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post:
Harris-5310 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:58 pm)
S/Days-C/limits = 17
Skid Pan = 1
Go Karting = 1
3 MPS MKII T/Days = 6
Cars Driven = 182

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:54 pm

nightfire10 wrote:
mrspiller wrote:
boosted wrote:this'll make you laugh.....

Hello from Poland! I did see you coming lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ImageImage I thought so , bloody hell you travel well

These users thanked the author mrspiller for the post:
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm)

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:57 pm

boosted wrote:Defo sound onit...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I ewe tubed it - Wayne oooo hahaha
No different , well far from it , but my deep welsh accent on my vid footage lol.

These users thanked the author mrspiller for the post (total 2):
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm) • nightfire10 (Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:58 am)

MightyCondor
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by MightyCondor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:14 pm

More videos....

My fastest lap of the day. A 1:28.0

The full session with the above lap

The initial red slip session. Following Neilparry as I do my first laps
These users thanked the author MightyCondor for the post (total 2):
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 am)
2004 Sunlight Silver 231 Impulsive Panic Buy Rotary Shed & lesser seen RX-7 FD3s
2005 Winning Blue 231 - Loved and set free (sold) :(
2004 Winning Blue 231 - Lost at the hands of a careless BMW driver

brix79
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

Post by brix79 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:42 pm

What can I say that hasn't already been said!

Well I'll have a go anyway, starting with I had a great time. :D

Track day was really impressive.
To see so many members and rotor motors was awesome. Apologies to those I missed saying hello to, but I did manage to meet a few of the newer members, and lots of the not so new ones. ;)
It really did leave a very positive impression, and one I hope we will repeat again in future.

Dinner was also great, after dinner speech was a bit ropey though. :lol:
Thanks again to Carl for the insanely good raffle prizes, they vanished very quickly!
And to top it all off, a great evening with lots of great people, a few too many and a late night. :mrgreen:

The AGM felt constructive, and hopefully everyone was able to get their views across. We'll do our very best to cover all we discussed over the coming months.

Which leaves me to simply thank all our members and volunteers for ensuring this Club has got to the grand age of 15. Here's to the next 50. :thumright:
These users thanked the author brix79 for the post (total 4):
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:06 am) • GreySilver Beast (Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 am) • KJB (Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 pm)
John
Chairman & Forum Admin Team

2017 // 2010 Aurora Blue R3
Potenza S001s | 20mm Eibachs | M1144s | Pettit Catback

2011-17 // 2005 Titanium Grey 231 | Gone, but never forgotten..

Neilparry
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Neilparry » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Glad to see you learned the track from the best.
Would have liked more track time but I was sharing the seat with Tom my son, so if bully was going slow or even off track on one occasion it was him
Would also like to say I had a great day. Nice to meet up with you all and see some of you at our meet next month

These users thanked the author Neilparry for the post (total 3):
CLOVERLEAF159 (Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:37 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 am) • GreySilver Beast (Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 am)
:wash:

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am

Please keep this thread on topic as it's Feedback regarding the Annual Meet, not about Tyres, Pads or Discs etc.......

Anything that is nothing to do with the topic will be removed by the Events Coordinator :!:

Events Team
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post:
CLOVERLEAF159 (Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am)
S/Days-C/limits = 17
Skid Pan = 1
Go Karting = 1
3 MPS MKII T/Days = 6
Cars Driven = 182

Dr. FrankenRex
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Dr. FrankenRex » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:09 am

I don't care if it's not PC to say it, but can someone please translate the glorious west country accent commentary for me please? :lol:
These users thanked the author Dr. FrankenRex for the post (total 2):
boosted (Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 am) • 13Black (Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:20 am)
FrankenRex2, leaner and meaner. RR Full Bridge rebuild with Race Extension porting, Cusco Strut Brace, RB Header, RB Dual Res Decat, Pettit Catback, Eibach lowering springs, Maserati 6 pot brakes, braided brake lines, custom built DRLs, track wheels, Custom front and rear lights, braided clutch line, RB ARBs - the list goes on!

Return to “Club Organised Meets”