Itinerary of the trip
Arrive at the starting point of the Wild Pheasant Hotel and Spa (Berwyn St, Llangollen LL20 8AD) for approx. 1030hrs with an ETD 1100hrs. This will allow our further day trippers plenty of time to travel in the morning or even an option to over night friday at. Once we are all there though, we can get on the road. There is an Aldi 2 min before here on the right, and a Texaco petrol station just before that for road trip snacks or fuel. *note* the next petrol station will be at Ruthin about 30 miles away and the next after that at Shell Betws about a further 40 miles, this only has 2 pumps and a very small maybe 6 car forecourt including que.
We will be aiming for lunch/tea break arrival approx 1300hrs at the Y Giler Arms. Once everyone is ready for hopefully a 1400hrs depart and drop down into Betws and up to Dolgarrog to see Surf Snowdonia. Then onwards to the hotel for approx 1600hrs arrival. There should be an area of parking spaces cordoned off next to eachother by the main building for our arrival.
These are all timings at a leisurely pace, so it is unlikely we will run over and should have plenty of time to enjoy the roads and some known pull in/view points to re-group etc.
Anyone who has booked/looking to book any further options at the hotel spa etc then this would probably be best between 1630-1830hrs. Looking at a group meeting of approx 1900hrs for Evening drinks and meal for 1930.
The second day will follow much of the same kind of timings, Breakfast in the hotel is 0700 until 1030 i believe. At the moment you book a time in beforehand, this may change by May. We will then look to be back on the road by 1100hrs Sunday, with the lunch option about the same time of 1230-1300hrs arrival at a Hotel Simon works with just before Blaenau Ffestiniog. We will discuss this closer the time with everyone, but i believe Simon was in discussions for options of a small lunch spread and tea per head ready for our arrival. After that its the completion of the circuit and back to the Wild Pheasent in Llangollen where we started to say goodbyes amd depart home. This will be between 1500-1600hrs on the Sunday.
2 course evening meal for 2, Bed and breakfast for 2:
Courtyard facing classic - £230
Courtyard facing superior - £240
Estuary facing Exexutive - £250
Estuary facing suite - £260
Single occupancy 2 course meal, bed and single breakfast:
Classic room £180
Superior room £190
Tel: +44 1492 564100
This will start at the picturesque town of llangollen just over the border, winding over the Horseshoe pass amd through the Nant y Garth into the castle town of Ruthin, before turning down a tight twisting forest road to cerrig for the start of the legendary Evo triangle. Once completed we will progress onto the popular country retreat of Betws Y Coed and cut through the Gwydr forest via Surf Snowdonia to the walled town of Conwy, across the Quay to Deganwy where the overnight stop at the luxury Deganwy Quay Spa and Hotel with ample secure parking. I have a very good contact who organises the reservations there and should be able to sort group/club discount relatively easy. Of course there is a lot of hotels in the area and by all means if you wanted elsewhere then that's your choice. Though the evening group table for food and drinks will be booked here like the last betws event with the club in their event suite.
The hotel can be viewed here: https://quayhotel.co.uk/
After Breakfast, leaving to Quay and jumping on a short coastal trip down the A55 to Bethesda (This includes 2 tunnels specifically designed for aftermarket RX-8 exhausts......Fact), where we will turn down the A5 to cut through the mountains and lakes heading back for Betws Y Coed before turning onto the well known A470 to Ffestiniog. Renowned for its mix of fast sweeping bends and tight corners, the A470 is one of the more enjoyable roads to follow towards dollgellau via the Cwm Cyfan pass which is used by Top Gear on many of there welsh visits. From here we can head back towards Bala amd meet the A5 at Corwen again for another fast section of bends back to Llangollen and the border to finish the event.
Please comment below if your interested in joining along the trip. This will also be classed as the monthly North Wales/Snowdonia drive out/social meet.
- DrewR3 (Drew)(R3) (Food only x2.5) ROADBOOK
- willberry70 (Will)(Camilla)(Kuro) (Foodx2, Hotel) ROADBOOK
- HarSc (Harry)(R3) (Foodx1, Hotel share Twin)
- brix79 (John)(R3) (Foodx1, Hotel)
- Proactive (Simon)(PZ) (Foodx1). ROADBOOK
- MightyCondor (Alan)(PZ) (Foodx1, Hotel)
- Cscameron (Christine)(RX-8) (Foodx1, Hotel) ROADBOOK
- Rutz (Victoria)(Lisa)(PZ) (Foodx2, Hotel)
- goodeggbob (Rob)(Kuro)
- v-rex (Vinod)(PZ) (Foodx1, Hotel)
- Courts (Courtney)(R3) (Foodx2, Hotel)
- DaveKimberly (Dave)(R3) (Foodx1, Hotelx1)
- GlowingBulb (Gareth)(RX-8) (Sunday Drive Only)
- Liam_k97 (Liam)(R3) (Foodx1, Hotel) ROADBOOK
- FishyWick (Steve)(RX-8) (Foodx2, Hotel) ROADBOOK
- ChrisHolmes (Chris)(Jon)(RX-8) (Foodx2) ROADBOOK
Lunch Day 1 and Day 2 :
- DrewR3 (Drew)(R3) (Day 1 - deep fried mushrooms, Hawaiian Burger, Choc Fudge Cake Day 2 - 1x Beef Rocket)
- willberry70 (Will)(Camilla)(Kuro) (Day 1 - 2xChicken and Mushroom, Day 2 - 1xbeef and rocket)
- HarSc (Harry)(R3) (Day 1 - Goujons,Gammon,Chocolate fudge cake Day 2 - BLT)
- brix79 (John)(R3) (Day 1 - Chicken goujons, Hawaiian Burger, Apple pie, Day 2 - Snowdonia Cheese Rock Star & pickle)
- Proactive (Simon)(PZ) (Day 1 - Chicken goujons,Mac and cheese,Apple pie Day 2- Beef sandwich)
- MightyCondor (Alan)(PZ) (Day 1-Gougons, cheeseburger, apple pie with custard Day 2- Beef sandwich.)
- Cscameron (Christine)(RX-8) (Day 1 - Mushrooms, Gammon, Chocolate cake Day 2 - BLT, Day 1 - Goujons, Classic Cheeseburger, Apple Pie. Day 2 - BLT.)
- Rutz (Victoria)(Lisa)(PZ) (Day 1- 2 X mushrooms, Mac & cheese, apple pie, Day 2- 2x cheese & pickle)
- goodeggbob (Rob)(Kuro) ( Day 1- 1x deep fried mushrooms, classic cheese burger and vanilla sundae + 1x soup, hawaian burger, and choc fudge cake)
- v-rex (Vinod)(PZ) ( Day1 - Goujons, classic cheeseburger and fudge cake with ice cream)
- Courts (Courtney)(R3) (Day 1-Gougons, cheeseburger, apple pie & Potato Skins, Steak medium with beans, Apple pie custard)
- DaveKimberly (Dave)(R3) (Day 1- Potato Skins, Chicken Breast, Chocolate Fudge Cake with Ice Cream, Day 2_- Ham, pickle & salad)
- GlowingBulb (Gareth)(RX-8) (?)
- Liam_k97 (Liam)(R3) (Day 1 - Soup, Hawaiian Burger, Choc Fudge Cake, Day 2 - Tuna and Cucumber)
- FishyWick (Steve)(RX-8) (Day 1 - Pending Day 2 - 1 x beef and 1 x cheese)
- ChrisHolmes (Chris)(Jon)(RX-8) (Day 1 - x1 Soup & Bread,Steak,Ice Cream Sunday x1 Goujons,Gammon,Apple Pie Day 2 - 2x Cheese & Pickle)
- DrewR3 (Drew)(R3) (2x Goats Cheese, Lamb, Cheesecake)
- willberry70 (Will)(Camilla)(Kuro) (1 mushroom soup, 1 haddock, 2 x Lamb
1 sticky toffee, 1 cheesecake)
- HarSc (Harry)(R3) (Haddock, salmon, sticky toffee)
- brix79 (John)(R3) (Haddock,Lamb,Toffee)
- Proactive (Simon)(PZ) (Fritters,Lamb,Sticky Toffee).
- MightyCondor (Alan)(PZ) (1x Goats Cheese, Lamb, Cheesecake)
- Cscameron (Christine)(Ollie)(RX-8) (goats cheese/lamb/cheesecake and x1 lamb, sticky toffee)
- Rutz (Victoria)(Lisa)(PZ) (2 x smoked haddock, 1x Salmon, 1x mushroom Wellington, 2 x cheesecake)
- v-rex (Vinod)(PZ) (Fritters + Lamb + sticky toffee)
- Courts (Courtney)(R3) (2x Haddock, 2xLamb, 2xCheesecake)
- DaveKimberly (Dave)(R3) (1x Haddock fritters, Lamb, Sticky Toffee)
- Liam_k97 (Liam)(R3) (Fritters, Lamb, Cheesecake)
- FishyWick (Steve)(RX-8) (2 x Haddock,1 x Salmon + 1 x Mushroom Wellington, 1 x Sticky Toffee Pud + 1 x Panacotta)
- ChrisHolmes (Chris)(Jon)(RX-8) (No starters,2 x Lamb,1 x Cheesecake,1 x Sticky Toffee Pudding)