Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday 21st May ***7pm***

Pub meets, drives and social events. For good food and good company while the car stays in the car park, or for a pleasurable drive through the countryside.
User avatar
Vj4sothername
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3761
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:40 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Oxford
Has thanked: 1787 times
Been thanked: 386 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by Vj4sothername » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:08 am

shroom wrote:As its Easter and the first week of travel I won't be around unfortunately, See what the consensus says on date etc and we will see.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Isn't it Easter tomorrow?
These users thanked the author Vj4sothername for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:14 am)
S1 - 231 - brilliant black
Feb 08 built,
PZ back box,
PZ suspension,
Scratches,
Replacement engine,
Smiles

User avatar
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 58047
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm
Colour: Custom
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 12806 times
Been thanked: 3186 times

Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:14 am

I thought that as well John #-o
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post:
Vj4sothername (Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:15 am)
GSB-TDU - Committee - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
Retired Convenience Retail Store Manager/Local Post Office Manager
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website
GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
New Tesla Model 3 DM AWD LR 84KW 1sp Auto = 11/05/21 - Present / Delivery 11th May @11am

User avatar
Vj4sothername
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3761
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:40 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Oxford
Has thanked: 1787 times
Been thanked: 386 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by Vj4sothername » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:16 am

GreySilver Beast wrote:I thought that as well John #-o
I'm going to be right disappointed if I don't get my choco eggs tomorrow. Be looking at them for two weeks!
These users thanked the author Vj4sothername for the post (total 2):
GreySilver Beast (Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:17 am) • goodeggbob (Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 am)
S1 - 231 - brilliant black
Feb 08 built,
PZ back box,
PZ suspension,
Scratches,
Replacement engine,
Smiles

goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 9300
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 879 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by goodeggbob » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:48 am

GreySilver Beast wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:11 pm
Wonder if you can be picked up ;)
With Ollies endless legs, he should have no trouble getting picked up. ;)
These users thanked the author goodeggbob for the post (total 2):
Vj4sothername (Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:38 am) • GreySilver Beast (Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:52 pm)

goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 9300
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 879 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by goodeggbob » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:06 am

Going by the replies so far,lets set the date for Saturday,17th of April . As for a time , does 12pm give you long distance travellers enough scope?
As for destination,i will try to pick somewhere that works in favour of those travelling north.
I will have a word with Simon today and see what he thinks.
These users thanked the author goodeggbob for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:53 pm)

User avatar
shroom
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1360
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:27 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Shropshire
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 493 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by shroom » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 am

Vj4sothername wrote:
shroom wrote:As its Easter and the first week of travel I won't be around unfortunately, See what the consensus says on date etc and we will see.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Isn't it Easter tomorrow?
School holidays init, Ranjan would be jealous as we are dusting off the caravan as we can use all our own facilities Image

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


These users thanked the author shroom for the post:
Vj4sothername (Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:47 am)

goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 9300
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 879 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by goodeggbob » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Hello, i have chosen the canal wharf in Ellesmere as our meet destination. It has plenty of space with a chippie and tesco close by.
Nigel my old mate,could you add the following info to the o p. Saturday #-o ,17th April, canal wharf ,Ellesmere,SY12 0EJ at 12pm. I look forward to seeing you all there,thanks,rob.
Last edited by goodeggbob on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author goodeggbob for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:53 pm)

User avatar
Proactive
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:46 am
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Custom
Location: Kinmel Bay North Wales
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by Proactive » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:28 pm

goodeggbob wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:53 pm
Hello, i have chosen the canal wharf in Ellesmere as our meet destination. It has plenty of space with a chippie and tesco close by.
Nigel my old mate,could you add the following info to the o p. Sunday,17th April, canal wharf ,Ellesmere,SY12 0EJ at 12pm. I look forward to seeing you all there,thanks,rob.
17th is a Saturday Rob I think
These users thanked the author Proactive for the post:
Vj4sothername (Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 pm)
Simon, RX8 PZ #44. Solid Black 2006 known as Agatha

goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 9300
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 879 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Friday ***TBA***

Post by goodeggbob » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:04 pm

Proactive wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:28 pm
goodeggbob wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:53 pm
Hello, i have chosen the canal wharf in Ellesmere as our meet destination. It has plenty of space with a chippie and tesco close by.
Nigel my old mate,could you add the following info to the o p. Sunday,17th April, canal wharf ,Ellesmere,SY12 0EJ at 12pm. I look forward to seeing you all there,thanks,rob.
17th is a Saturday Rob I think
Thanks Simon,now edited properly.

User avatar
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 58047
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm
Colour: Custom
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 12806 times
Been thanked: 3186 times

Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:01 pm

All updated including the Club Calendar :thumleft: - Events Team
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post:
goodeggbob (Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:07 pm)
GSB-TDU - Committee - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
Retired Convenience Retail Store Manager/Local Post Office Manager
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website
GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
New Tesla Model 3 DM AWD LR 84KW 1sp Auto = 11/05/21 - Present / Delivery 11th May @11am

Padge
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White
Location: Chester
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by Padge » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi Rob, will be good to see you all :) . Please put me down on the list :thumleft: . John
These users thanked the author Padge for the post (total 2):
GreySilver Beast (Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:03 pm) • goodeggbob (Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:47 pm)

User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 20926
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 5868 times
Been thanked: 2796 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by ChrisHolmes » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm

That’s 2 days driving the “Red Devil” that week with return trips to Pip on Tuesday for mapping 218 miles and to Ellesmere Saturday another 216 miles! Over 4 hours and virtually all motorway so the mpg may not be too bad :lol: :lol: :race: :race: :race: :race:
Think I will probably drive home via Ludlow and Hereford for some roads more suited to the RX8.
Unless of course, nah I won’t even think about a possible other scenario!
AB Bucket seats and 5 point harnesses
Bridge Ported Supercharged 231
Light weight Flywheel
Tein MonoSports with EDFC Active
Racing Beat F&R ARBs
Racing Brake 4 Pot Front Calipers
LED Rear Lights
LED 3rd Brake light with blink effect
MazdaSpeed skirts and Spoiler
Safety Devices Full cage
Royal Steering wheel
Mishimoto Catch Tank

User avatar
Vj4sothername
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3761
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:40 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Oxford
Has thanked: 1787 times
Been thanked: 386 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by Vj4sothername » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:56 pm

The temptation is strong.....
S1 - 231 - brilliant black
Feb 08 built,
PZ back box,
PZ suspension,
Scratches,
Replacement engine,
Smiles

User avatar
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 58047
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm
Colour: Custom
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 12806 times
Been thanked: 3186 times

Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by GreySilver Beast » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 pm

Only 3 hrs 47 mins (210 miles) via M40 so a total 420 miles for the day approx :lol:

Route
Get on M25 in Leatherhead from A24
36 min (20.6 mi)
Continue on M25. Take M40, M6 and M54 to A5 in Shropshire
2 hr 34 min (164 mi)
Continue on A5. Take A49 and A528 to New Wharf Rd in Ellesmere
37 min (25.2 mi)
GSB-TDU - Committee - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
Retired Convenience Retail Store Manager/Local Post Office Manager
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website
GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
New Tesla Model 3 DM AWD LR 84KW 1sp Auto = 11/05/21 - Present / Delivery 11th May @11am

User avatar
Yorindesarin
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 3650
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:40 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cider Country
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by Yorindesarin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:11 pm

Vj4sothername wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:56 pm
The temptation is strong.....
Ikr..
The Red 8:

For whats pending... See here: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=81689

User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 20926
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 5868 times
Been thanked: 2796 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by ChrisHolmes » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:18 pm

Same miles for me that week almost!
AB Bucket seats and 5 point harnesses
Bridge Ported Supercharged 231
Light weight Flywheel
Tein MonoSports with EDFC Active
Racing Beat F&R ARBs
Racing Brake 4 Pot Front Calipers
LED Rear Lights
LED 3rd Brake light with blink effect
MazdaSpeed skirts and Spoiler
Safety Devices Full cage
Royal Steering wheel
Mishimoto Catch Tank

User avatar
Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Hawaii
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 896 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by Ranjan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 pm

ChrisHolmes wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm
That’s 2 days driving the “Red Devil” that week with return trips to Pip on Tuesday for mapping 218 miles and to Ellesmere Saturday another 216 miles! Over 4 hours and virtually all motorway so the mpg may not be too bad :lol: :lol: :race: :race: :race: :race:
Think I will probably drive home via Ludlow and Hereford for some roads more suited to the RX8.
Unless of course, nah I won’t even think about a possible other scenario!
Chris,

Do you want to meet up somewhere around Birmingham to convoy up to meeting point.
Might be handy to have someone there when the 'swine' decides to play up.

Ranjan.
These users thanked the author Ranjan for the post:
nightfire10 (Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:43 pm)

User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 20926
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 5868 times
Been thanked: 2796 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by ChrisHolmes » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 pm

Ranjan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 pm
ChrisHolmes wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm
That’s 2 days driving the “Red Devil” that week with return trips to Pip on Tuesday for mapping 218 miles and to Ellesmere Saturday another 216 miles! Over 4 hours and virtually all motorway so the mpg may not be too bad :lol: :lol: :race: :race: :race: :race:
Think I will probably drive home via Ludlow and Hereford for some roads more suited to the RX8.
Unless of course, nah I won’t even think about a possible other scenario!
Chris,

Do you want to meet up somewhere around Birmingham to convoy up to meeting point.
Might be handy to have someone there when the 'swine' decides to play up.

Ranjan.
Someone with your mechanical abilities, I feel safer already, not! Drop me a text and we can set up a rendezvous point.
AB Bucket seats and 5 point harnesses
Bridge Ported Supercharged 231
Light weight Flywheel
Tein MonoSports with EDFC Active
Racing Beat F&R ARBs
Racing Brake 4 Pot Front Calipers
LED Rear Lights
LED 3rd Brake light with blink effect
MazdaSpeed skirts and Spoiler
Safety Devices Full cage
Royal Steering wheel
Mishimoto Catch Tank

User avatar
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 58047
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm
Colour: Custom
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 12806 times
Been thanked: 3186 times

Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by GreySilver Beast » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:56 pm

Will you be able to keep up with Ranjan though Chris :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am speaking from experience #-o
GSB-TDU - Committee - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
Retired Convenience Retail Store Manager/Local Post Office Manager
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website
GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
New Tesla Model 3 DM AWD LR 84KW 1sp Auto = 11/05/21 - Present / Delivery 11th May @11am

goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 9300
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 879 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by goodeggbob » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:08 am

Vj4sothername wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:56 pm
The temptation is strong.....
Nigel's coming armed with sweets and assorted rubber car parts [allegedly], is that not tempting enough? ;)
These users thanked the author goodeggbob for the post (total 2):
Vj4sothername (Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:21 am) • GreySilver Beast (Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:53 pm)

User avatar
Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm
Location: Hawaii
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 896 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by Ranjan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am

ChrisHolmes wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 pm
Ranjan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 pm
ChrisHolmes wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm
That’s 2 days driving the “Red Devil” that week with return trips to Pip on Tuesday for mapping 218 miles and to Ellesmere Saturday another 216 miles! Over 4 hours and virtually all motorway so the mpg may not be too bad :lol: :lol: :race: :race: :race: :race:
Think I will probably drive home via Ludlow and Hereford for some roads more suited to the RX8.
Unless of course, nah I won’t even think about a possible other scenario!
Chris,

Do you want to meet up somewhere around Birmingham to convoy up to meeting point.
Might be handy to have someone there when the 'swine' decides to play up.

Ranjan.
Someone with your mechanical abilities, I feel safer already, not! Drop me a text and we can set up a rendezvous point.
I will have you know that it took me a mere 35mins to program both my M buttons on my BM; beat that 8) :P

Ranjan.

User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 20926
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 5868 times
Been thanked: 2796 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by ChrisHolmes » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:40 pm

Ranjan wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am
ChrisHolmes wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 pm
Ranjan wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:25 pm


Chris,

Do you want to meet up somewhere around Birmingham to convoy up to meeting point.
Might be handy to have someone there when the 'swine' decides to play up.

Ranjan.
Someone with your mechanical abilities, I feel safer already, not! Drop me a text and we can set up a rendezvous point.
I will have you know that it took me a mere 35mins to program both my M buttons on my BM; beat that 8) :P

Ranjan.
That’s nothing, it takes only 5 seconds to program the DSC in an RX8, plus it’s just one button!
AB Bucket seats and 5 point harnesses
Bridge Ported Supercharged 231
Light weight Flywheel
Tein MonoSports with EDFC Active
Racing Beat F&R ARBs
Racing Brake 4 Pot Front Calipers
LED Rear Lights
LED 3rd Brake light with blink effect
MazdaSpeed skirts and Spoiler
Safety Devices Full cage
Royal Steering wheel
Mishimoto Catch Tank

User avatar
liam.k97
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:04 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Galaxy Grey
Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by liam.k97 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi everyone!

I haven't had chance to introduce myself properly on here yet (apologies for that :oops: ) . I joined a while ago; in the midst of a lockdown :lol:

Anyways, If there is any room for me to tag along could I join/meet you all? I've had my R3 for over a year but haven't had much of a chance to socialise/do any really interesting trips with him.

I'm bored of all my piston nerd peeps cracking jokes endless jokes concerning apex seals and need a break from uni work :D :D

I'm only about 1 hour 20 away from Elsmere (around 30 minutes west of Ludlow, in the middle of nowhere) so the location is ideal :D

Liam
These users thanked the author liam.k97 for the post (total 3):
Proactive (Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm) • goodeggbob (Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:53 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 pm)

goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 9300
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 879 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by goodeggbob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi Liam, by all means tag along, it should be a good drive for you, the A49 is a brilliant road for our cars. See you there,rob.

User avatar
liam.k97
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:04 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Galaxy Grey
Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Shropshire / West Midlands Meet - Saturday 17th April ***12pm***

Post by liam.k97 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:05 pm

goodeggbob wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:55 pm
Hi Liam, by all means tag along, it should be a good drive for you, the A49 is a brilliant road for our cars. See you there,rob.
Hi Rob,

I look forward to it :D

the a49 is ok as commuting roads go, its just too busy nowadays to really let our cars of the leash :lol:

The roads through Elan Valley; through Rhayader and to Aberystwyth are much quiter and more enjoyable. As you say, the a49 should offer the chance for a grin or two on my up :D

Liam

Post Reply

Return to “Social Meets”