Place for discussions about the RX-8
Ken90s
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Has thanked: 0

Lost the badge on the gearstick on r3

Post by Ken90s »

It came off on my hand and fell down the side of the seat, does anyone know of a good replacement badge that fits the r3 illuminated model? They cost £450 used on eBay!!!!!!!
HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Crystal White

Re: Lost the badge on the gearstick on r3

Post by HarSc »

R3 illuminated gearstick? I know Artur has one for sale on eBay that's used, but other than that I had never actually seen them. Not common at all :lol:

If I were you, i'd definitely be removing the seat to dig under it and get it back out if you're confident of where it is :lol: :lol: you will have all on finding a replacement.

I'd probably say it'll be somewhere between hen's teeth and rocking horse droppings if you wanted a new OEM replacement, but with your other option being trying to source a non-illuminated R3 knob and carefully removing the top piece and scraping away the silver type on the rear to allow the light through. it is possible to get the light to shine through the originals, but I would highly doubt you'd be able to find another OEM illuminated R3 knob/parts....

I know the DIY illuminated gear knob thread has been inactive for a long while - I do still have all the parts and do intend to get back to it, but i've been preoccupied with a lot of other goings on and has been shelved for a while :paranoid: :lol: might give some insight for your LED top part and what options you have.
Some guy from oooop north ;) | Harry | Membership Secretary | Media Team

- My Main RX-8 R3 [MHZ 3800] thread here
- My Project Banana [GL04 MXU] thread here
- My Mazda 2 DE daily thread here
- My engine disassembly shenanigans here
Ken90s
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lost the badge on the gearstick on r3

Post by Ken90s »

Fair play, I didn't realise how rare they were.... I will probably go for the seat removal method to save myself the money!