Place for discussions about the RX-8
Juey
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Black Cherry

Re: 220whp +

Post by Juey »

...still awaiting my wooden spoon for having the least WHP whilst an auto on the dyno day. :P
Let's say the auto box losses were greater than 15%. :-k #-o
Black Cherry Mica
JDM Evolve. 192 6 spd manual from auto
I can explain it, but I can't understand it for you.
LeeW
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by LeeW »

osman wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:13 pm
The car drives well, only real issue is the a misfire kind of feeling around 4-5k rpm mark that Bridgeports seem to make.
Done some gps runs using draggy for 100-200 kph and it's done it in 16 seconds gps
It's as fast as stage 2 mk6 gti,
Faster than full bolt on Mugen dc5 type r without a map

They do a calculation of hp x 1.15 to get the fly HP so around mid 250 range
One of the things on my list of things to diagnose and sort is also a cough/misfire always between 4-5k. Even on light/medium/full throttle I usually get this misfire, no fault codes but a repeatable misfire. Also a slight hesitation up around 8k. Mine is standard engine by the way but has been custom tuned with logs (it actually seemed to be start happening around the same time as tuning) so I wouldn’t just assume it’s a “Bridgeport thing” and go through the logical and systematic troubleshooting as anyone else would.
Kuro 174/500.

RRP midpipe (single resonator) w/ Pettit/Milltek cat-back, RRP MK2 Coils and MSD leads, AEM Cold Air Intake, RRP Custom Map, Royal Steering Wheels custom wheel. Mazdaspeed bodykit, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s, Smoked LED rear lights, Stoney Racing Hose Kit, Lots of red in the engine bay.

#174’s journey: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=78506
osman
Non Member
Non Member
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by osman »

LeeW wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:44 pm
osman wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:13 pm
The car drives well, only real issue is the a misfire kind of feeling around 4-5k rpm mark that Bridgeports seem to make.
Done some gps runs using draggy for 100-200 kph and it's done it in 16 seconds gps
It's as fast as stage 2 mk6 gti,
Faster than full bolt on Mugen dc5 type r without a map

They do a calculation of hp x 1.15 to get the fly HP so around mid 250 range
One of the things on my list of things to diagnose and sort is also a cough/misfire always between 4-5k. Even on light/medium/full throttle I usually get this misfire, no fault codes but a repeatable misfire. Also a slight hesitation up around 8k. Mine is standard engine by the way but has been custom tuned with logs (it actually seemed to be start happening around the same time as tuning) so I wouldn’t just assume it’s a “Bridgeport thing” and go through the logical and systematic troubleshooting as anyone else would.

That's what I've been told by rr, it's how the Bridgeport is cut
I've showed rr and they said it would take too long to fine.tune.it and remove it.

Mine only happens on light throttle, otherwise it's seemless throughout the rev range
casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey »

I also get a very slight hesitation on going through 4-5k rpm with my bridgeport on light throttle. It's not noticeable on medium/heavy throttle and therefore does not impact on track driving ;)

Back on topic..... :D
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport
Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet, "Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3