Decent geometry/what has happened to FW motorsport?

Place for discussions about the RX-8
Leck3000
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

Decent geometry/what has happened to FW motorsport?

Post by Leck3000 »

I had been conversing with fergus by email for a little while. I had originally approached him about getting my tracking done after seeing NewDuke (I think) had been very complimentary.

I hit a crater in the earths crust about 2-3 years ago, it screwed the handling instantly, steering wheel near 90deg off centre and crabbing. I had it checked and adjusted by the local garage. It never did seem to feel the same again but was never certain it was just in my mind but also certain it is the best handling car I had driven but now feels a bit poo and doesn’t give me great confidence in the twisties.

Having lobbed a set of 20 or 25mm spacers on a while back it instantly extenuated the tremendous toe and camber one side had over the other, this lead to me contacting FW. He warned me of the issues with seized bushes and what have you. I have stewed over how to approach this and have since got a full front and rear sets of arms and wishbones to clean up, powder coat and rebush along with fitting my long waiting mono sports. This job won’t be done overnight and my frustration at the dog awful handling has me willing to get someone to ‘do their best’ as anything would be an improvement. I did contact Fergus with this intention a couple of times in the last 3 months or so but no reply which seems odd. Anyone know if he is just busy or has he stopped doing his thing? Any suggestions for someone of equal talents within a tanks range of south Oxfordshire preferably?

I cannot face another winter with what is essentially a wonky rear wheel.