Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Strato Blue
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi Guys – I’m a new member needing advice

Post by petesims462 »

I’ve owned my basic RX8 190 for 14 years [05 reg, 61k miles now] and it has developed enough issues to turn it into a purely decorative object on the drive for the last year. As I am not interested in trying to fix it myself [no garage] and I guess having it done up properly might be too large an investment I wondered if I could get advice about whether it is worth trying to sell it as a project or is it only really scrap [spares?].
Firstly - where on the forum should I post the details of the car and the questions I have.
thanks in advance
petesims462
MightyCondor
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Re: Hi Guys – I’m a new member needing advice

Post by MightyCondor »

Hi Pete, I'm sure one of the admins can move this thread to the appropriate area of the forum. It's just a discussion thread up until the point you decide whether or not you're going to sell it as a complete car or go down another route.

In order to get meaningful advice you'll need to list the issues and what would be required to get the car running again.

The main question I would have would be is the condition of the shell? If it's going to need rust repairs then it's probably not viable to sell as a project, but instead as a parts car/breaker.

Putting a price on the whole thing will depend on the condition and how many good condition parts are on it. Does the engine run? Do you have compression test results etc.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

petesims462
Former Member
Former Member

Post by petesims462 »

thanks for the response MightyCondor. I have a the issues listed ready to post and hopefully will get the engine running again today battery permitting then we can get it up on ramps to properly check for rust issues and feed that in to the equation. pete
qwakers
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: Turbo
Colour: Nordic Green

Post by qwakers »

Moved for you to rx8 discussion. Once you’ve decided on a price you can post a for sale thread in the for sale section or pm me or another mod for more assistance.
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

Hi Pete - I'm not a million miles away from you near the Cotswolds - I'd happily have a look over it and give you some advice if you'd like, as well as providing my (not very) expert opinion on the value of it etc.

Most RX8s that are running are still above their potential value in parts or scrap, save for some special editions, and the Strato Blue ones are certainly not common, so it would be great if it could be saved :thumleft:

Likewise, if you'd just like a chat to someone on the phone etc. then drop me a PM and I'll happily provide advice that way :)
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead

LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
petesims462
Former Member
Former Member

Post by petesims462 »

thanks for this qwakers and Dr. F much appreciated. battery didnt come up to charge soon enough today and we are away for the weekend so will get some more info on condition next week and then be able to provide a more informed request for info.