Revi Ram Air Duct with stock air box

Place for discussions about the RX-8
R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Revi Ram Air Duct with stock air box

Post by R1DSO »

I installed the Racing Beat Revi Ram Air Duct in my R3 yesterday. I’m running the stock air box, with a K&N panel filter. With this being a fairly common set-up, I was surprised to find out that there’s a 7cm gap between the stock air box and the Revi duct:
2EAFDD45-57AC-4D35-8770-F62A529EC46D.jpeg
4E66C579-A4F2-4D8E-9235-37094AD672B2.jpeg

Unlike the OEM set-up, the Revi duct is too wide and short to pass through the oval metal hole towards the engine bay to meet the air box. But, confusingly, the Revi duct instructions mention being careful not to push the lower edge of the air box foam seal out of position with the Revi duct, when it’s nowhere near it.
132F9F52-8688-4852-B2AD-5B0D49934D0F.jpeg
Now studying pictures of the full Revi intake (which I don’t have), it looks like the aftermarket air box has a plastic flange that potentially stretches further forward to meet the duct. However, if this is the case, I would have thought it wouldn’t work with the stock air duct (which it claims to).
9627596B-93D8-41C5-9D87-B9F184835FCA.jpeg
With the current 7cm gap between the air box and Revi duct, I think the intake is going to be pulling in hotter air in proximity to the engine bay when stationary and in traffic. I’d argue that this isn’t exactly a ‘ram air’ set-up rather than some cold air piping. Has anyone with the same set-up had similar concerns?

A couple of other observations...

This may not be like for like for S1 owners, but the R3 grill is partially blocked out, covering the centre section of the intake. I’m wondering if this is worth opening up.
7DF67333-9D68-46E1-A11C-0F8D6535F220.jpeg
A couple of threads on the US OC forum implied that the VFAD delete required when installing the Revi duct would increase induction noise (and throttle response) at lower revs. The K&N panel filter was a bit louder, but I’m not sure I can notice anything more with the VFAD out.

I understand that the Revi air box/filter will make minimal (if any) performance increase over and above my current setup (at least without an ECU tune), but interested to know if it would be louder.

As a side point, my RX-8 does now have a dorky smile hidden under its bumper :lol::
E2CBB188-E502-41A2-AC91-864B9577E19B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2009 R3 in sparkling black
Racing Beat REVi ram air duct
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
Racing Beat header / mid pipe
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Carbotech XP10 pads / Mintex discs / Motul RBF600
Russell speed bleeders
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

1990 Eunos Roadster V-Spec in BRG
350matt
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Strato Blue

Re: Revi Ram Air Duct with stock air box

Post by 350matt »

I'd definitley make a piece to bridge that gap between the two
These users thanked the author 350matt for the post:
R1DSO (Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:15 pm)
nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by nightfire10 »

R1DSO wrote:I installed the Racing Beat Revi Ram Air Duct in my R3 yesterday. I’m running the stock air box, with a K&N panel filter. With this being a fairly common set-up, I was surprised to find out that there’s a 7cm gap between the stock air box and the Revi duct:
2EAFDD45-57AC-4D35-8770-F62A529EC46D.jpeg
4E66C579-A4F2-4D8E-9235-37094AD672B2.jpeg

Unlike the OEM set-up, the Revi duct is too wide and short to pass through the oval metal hole towards the engine bay to meet the air box. But, confusingly, the Revi duct instructions mention being careful not to push the lower edge of the air box foam seal out of position with the Revi duct, when it’s nowhere near it.
132F9F52-8688-4852-B2AD-5B0D49934D0F.jpeg
Now studying pictures of the full Revi intake (which I don’t have), it looks like the aftermarket air box has a plastic flange that potentially stretches further forward to meet the duct. However, if this is the case, I would have thought it wouldn’t work with the stock air duct (which it claims to).
9627596B-93D8-41C5-9D87-B9F184835FCA.jpeg
With the current 7cm gap between the air box and Revi duct, I think the intake is going to be pulling in hotter air in proximity to the engine bay when stationary and in traffic. I’d argue that this isn’t exactly a ‘ram air’ set-up rather than some cold air piping. Has anyone with the same set-up had similar concerns?

A couple of other observations...

This may not be like for like for S1 owners, but the R3 grill is partially blocked out, covering the centre section of the intake. I’m wondering if this is worth opening up.
7DF67333-9D68-46E1-A11C-0F8D6535F220.jpeg
A couple of threads on the US OC forum implied that the VFAD delete required when installing the Revi duct would increase induction noise (and throttle response) at lower revs. The K&N panel filter was a bit louder, but I’m not sure I can notice anything more with the VFAD out.

I understand that the Revi air box/filter will make minimal (if any) performance increase over and above my current setup (at least without an ECU tune), but interested to know if it would be louder.

As a side point, my RX-8 does now have a dorky smile hidden under its bumper Image:
E2CBB188-E502-41A2-AC91-864B9577E19B.jpeg
If your struggling to get it to fit I could fit it in mine Image

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers edfc Racingbeat rear anti roll bar oil pres oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front rear grills,Tinted wind ws folding tow hook's,595s,connect2 ,at long last sohn and ap50 tank instaled ,revi ram air duct already fitted ! calipers painted,diff oil changed .
just oil lines to fit at some stage ( had them a while too) :P

180 of 400
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

I used cut sections of the 192 version of the removed section to bridge the gap, on the three Ram air ducts that I've fitted with the OEM airbox, including my own.

It doesn't have to be an airtight joint as you actually want excess ram air to be able to spill out, so the intake doesn't over-pressurise.

There's a write-up somewhere on the site with photos but I can't find it using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author warpc0il for the post:
R1DSO (Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:16 pm)
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

warpc0il wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:44 pm
I used cut sections of the 192 version of the removed section to bridge the gap, on the three Ram air ducts that I've fitted with the OEM airbox, including my own.

It doesn't have to be an airtight joint as you actually want excess ram air to be able to spill out, so the intake doesn't over-pressurise.

There's a write-up somewhere on the site with photos but I can't find it using Tapatalk
Found it, thanks Dave :thumleft:. I missed that first time round.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=44692&p=1230451&hi ... t#p1230451

The VFAD section of my stock air duct is 10cm down inside of the tube, so I think I could cut it with my dremel before the VFAD break and the tubing will still be long enough.
D04FF518-7932-4354-B9EA-0E6F5871DC15.jpeg
Having said, I will keep my OEM part intact in my loft; assuming all 231 ducts are the same as my R3 part, I’m just thinking it may be easier to source one of these from a breaker than the 192 version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by R1DSO on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

nightfire10 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:41 pm
If your struggling to get it to fit I could fit it in mine Image

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the offer :lol:
These users thanked the author R1DSO for the post:
nightfire10 (Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:02 pm)
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

I’ve not removed that centre blocked section on the grill. It will need to be done carefully if it is done as you don’t want to have excess air coming in that could cool the front of the engine which will cause problems with the thermal expansion of the engine between the front and back. I seem to remember that panel might be removable but otherwise it will need to be cut open. Curious to see what you do. I would mind opening it up a bit to get more ram air effect.
These users thanked the author delta0 for the post:
R1DSO (Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:42 am)
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica

BHR coils+MSD leads, Stage 1 ecu tune, HKS Hybrid oil filter, Idemitsu 10w30, BHR engine mounts, RB oil cooler lines, Essex Rotary undertray, RB Revi Intake+Ram Air, Milltek/Pettit cat+catback, braided brake lines, SuperPro bushes, RB flywheel, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Pettit Ti flywheel nut, powder coated and fully resealed everything underneath
New Duke
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by New Duke »

I've got the same setup right now. Bought it specifically to reduce overheating on hot track days. RB don't mention when you buy the scoop that it doesn't fit properly without buying the filter housing as well. Feckers. That's a pretty key piece of info to omit. Makes you wonder what else they didn't think of or mention.

There is an increased sound of air sucking that you'll hear with the windows down at speed, and it'll be a bit louder with that open section sealed. But set your expectations low. We're not talking intake roar levels of sound and it'll be modest.

I've kept the gap there. Dave's solution is really tidy and I started to copy it (and bought a spare 192 inlet to cut up) but first I sealed the gap with ducting for testing. The logs showed that sealing the gap didn't really make any appreciable difference... to anything. So I left the gap to make it easier to get the airbox out and had it re-tuned in that state.

Runs cooler than when using the VFAD + not down on power = satisfied (but still angry at RB)

I decided not to chop the front mesh. Enough air gets through anyway.
These users thanked the author New Duke for the post:
R1DSO (Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:42 am)
R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

delta0 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:50 pm
I’ve not removed that centre blocked section on the grill. It will need to be done carefully if it is done as you don’t want to have excess air coming in that could cool the front of the engine which will cause problems with the thermal expansion of the engine between the front and back. I seem to remember that panel might be removable but otherwise it will need to be cut open. Curious to see what you do. I would mind opening it up a bit to get more ram air effect.
From memory, it looked like there were some removable grill panels. I was in a bit of a rush to get the bumper back on as it was getting dark, so didn’t take a photo #-o. I started the job late and a couple of bits took a little longer than expected e.g. lying on my back under the car with my legs up in the air to stop the bumper from coming off whilst unclipping the fog light wires :lol:.

I may take the bumper off again in the coming days/weeks to get better access to sanding and polishing my headlights, which need a bit of a freshen up. If I do, I’ll have a look to see if it’s possible to remove a bit of the centre panel without cutting and report back.

Interesting to hear about thermal expansion potentially being an issue. I would have thought that the radiator would get in the way of any additional airflow, but I guess Mazda partially blocked the grill for a reason. But then again, I’ve seen RX-8 track cars with big holes drilled into the bumper nose and the Mazdaspeed bumper has a march larger open grill section, so never thought that would be a problem.

I noticed your footer says you have the full Revi intake system. Out of interest, does your Reviintake then join up to the ram air duct without a gap?
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

New Duke wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:04 pm
I've got the same setup right now. Bought it specifically to reduce overheating on hot track days. RB don't mention when you buy the scoop that it doesn't fit properly without buying the filter housing as well. Feckers. That's a pretty key piece of info to omit. Makes you wonder what else they didn't think of or mention.

There is an increased sound of air sucking that you'll hear with the windows down at speed, and it'll be a bit louder with that open section sealed. But set your expectations low. We're not talking intake roar levels of sound and it'll be modest.

I've kept the gap there. Dave's solution is really tidy and I started to copy it (and bought a spare 192 inlet to cut up) but first I sealed the gap with ducting for testing. The logs showed that sealing the gap didn't really make any appreciable difference... to anything. So I left the gap to make it easier to get the airbox out and had it re-tuned in that state.

Runs cooler than when using the VFAD + not down on power = satisfied (but still angry at RB)

I decided not to chop the front mesh. Enough air gets through anyway.
Nice, OK. Good to hear it’s not an essential fix from the sound of how you’re running your set-up :thumright:.

Strange as, if the RB filter housing extends to meet the Revi ram air duct, I would have thought that it wouldn’t work with the stock VFAD piping :-k.

Pete @ Nutty Chappie’s Emporium is having a quick look to see if he has a 192 duct for me, but he doesn’t think he has one in stock. If he doesn’t, let me know if you‘re open to selling me yours :).

I fancy having a go at Dave’s piping solution, purely as that was what I was expecting the ram air duct to do, even if in reality it won’t make any difference :roll:.
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

New Duke
Former Member
Former Member

Post by New Duke »

R1DSO wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:23 pm
Nice, OK. Good to hear it’s not an essential fix from the sound of how you’re running your set-up :thumright:.

Strange as, if the RB filter housing extends to meet the Revi ram air duct, I would have thought that it wouldn’t work with the stock VFAD piping :-k.

Pete @ Nutty Chappie’s Emporium is having a quick look to see if he has a 192 duct for me, but he doesn’t think he has one in stock. If he doesn’t, let me know if you‘re open to selling me yours :).

I fancy having a go at Dave’s piping solution, purely as that was what I was expecting the ram air duct to do, even if in reality it won’t make any difference :roll:.
Sorry I should have been clearer. Yeah I also removed the VFAD. It has to go to fit the scoop as you'll have encountered.

I'll have a look for that 192 duct in case you need it. It'll be in my garage somewhere.

It's probably a good idea to seal it up if you can... I just got lazy!
R1DSO (Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:03 am)
delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

R1DSO wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:14 pm
From memory, it looked like there were some removable grill panels. I was in a bit of a rush to get the bumper back on as it was getting dark, so didn’t take a photo #-o. I started the job late and a couple of bits took a little longer than expected e.g. lying on my back under the car with my legs up in the air to stop the bumper from coming off whilst unclipping the fog light wires :lol:.

I may take the bumper off again in the coming days/weeks to get better access to sanding and polishing my headlights, which need a bit of a freshen up. If I do, I’ll have a look to see if it’s possible to remove a bit of the centre panel without cutting and report back.

Interesting to hear about thermal expansion potentially being an issue. I would have thought that the radiator would get in the way of any additional airflow, but I guess Mazda partially blocked the grill for a reason. But then again, I’ve seen RX-8 track cars with big holes drilled into the bumper nose and the Mazdaspeed bumper has a march larger open grill section, so never thought that would be a problem.

I noticed your footer says you have the full Revi intake system. Out of interest, does your Reviintake then join up to the ram air duct without a gap?
Yes I do have the full system. There isn’t any gap between the ram air duct and the air box. I would be interested to see what you can find when you next take the bumper off.

Edit:
Looking at this video the blanked off section in the middle is not removable. It would need to be cut away.
R1DSO (Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:03 am)
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica

BHR coils+MSD leads, Stage 1 ecu tune, HKS Hybrid oil filter, Idemitsu 10w30, BHR engine mounts, RB oil cooler lines, Essex Rotary undertray, RB Revi Intake+Ram Air, Milltek/Pettit cat+catback, braided brake lines, SuperPro bushes, RB flywheel, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Pettit Ti flywheel nut, powder coated and fully resealed everything underneath
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington »

warpc0il wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:44 pm

Mine is one the ones Dave very kindly fitted =D> - and as mine is a 192 I think he cut the bridge section from the bit he removed from my car, so that came in handy.
These users thanked the author Shagrington for the post:
R1DSO (Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:07 am)
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

New Duke wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:33 pm
I'll have a look for that 192 duct in case you need it. It'll be in my garage somewhere.

It's probably a good idea to seal it up if you can... I just got lazy!
Nice one, thank you :thumleft:.

No probs if you can’t find it. Fellow club member Calcifur83 posted today that he’s breaking his 192 and he’s willing to part with his duct if your one doesn’t show up (or if you want to keep it) :).
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

delta0 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:13 pm

Yes I do have the full system. There isn’t any gap between the ram air duct and the air box. I would be interested to see what you can find when you next take the bumper off.

Edit:
Looking at this video the blanked off section in the middle is not removable. It would need to be cut away.
Nice, thanks for the info re the full system.

Strangely, I’m contrast to what the video shows, I thought the back of my grill had some screw type things which looked like they could be removed. It’s very likely that I’m imagining it, though.

Will report back with some pics when I get the bumper off. Will likely be next week at the soonest now.
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

New Duke
Former Member
Former Member

Post by New Duke »

R1DSO wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:07 am
Strangely, I’m contrast to what the video shows, I thought the back of my grill had some screw type things which looked like they could be removed. It’s very likely that I’m imagining it, though.

Will report back with some pics when I get the bumper off. Will likely be next week at the soonest now.
You're not imagining it. There is a plate in the middle that is missing from the bumper in the video. Whether that is what blocks the grill or is just a blanking plate to reinforce the centre (conveniently hidden behind the blocked section)? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... I dunno.

Here's a photo of the inside of my bumper I prepared earlier :D
DSC_0038.JPG

I noticed that you don't have any aluminium mesh fitted to protect your oil coolers. I know you only just had the bumper off, but if you do take it off again then it's worth doing that at the same time. I literally bought a sheet of black alu mesh and cut out sections to wrap around the coolers by hand. The bumper then holds them in place.
R1DSO (Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 pm)
MightyCondor
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by MightyCondor »

5 years and 3 RX-8s ago I did this to bridge the gap:

viewtopic.php?p=950572#p950572

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author MightyCondor for the post (total 2):
New Duke (Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:13 am) • R1DSO (Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 pm)
delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

New Duke wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:28 am
R1DSO wrote:

You're not imagining it. There is a plate in the middle that is missing from the bumper in the video. Whether that is what blocks the grill or is just a blanking plate to reinforce the centre (conveniently hidden behind the blocked section)? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... I dunno.

DSC_0038.JPG

I noticed that you don't have any aluminium mesh fitted to protect your oil coolers. I know you only just had the bumper off, but if you do take it off again then it's worth doing that at the same time. I literally bought a sheet of black alu mesh and cut out sections to wrap around the coolers by hand. The bumper then holds them in place.
That picture is really clear. That is a removable panel. To me that looks like they added that after the moulds for the grill were made so it became a separate part. It was probably and issue detected late in the design. On the cooler mesh. Something I’ve thought about doing.
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica

R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

New Duke wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:28 am
R1DSO wrote:

DSC_0038.JPG

Thanks for the photo :thumleft:. Yes, that’s what I saw in the grill. The middle section appears to be held in by some sort of star-headed screws. Assuming they aren’t rivets, I’ll see if I can remove it when next taking the bumper off.

Good tip with the oil coolers, cheers - I’ll order some mesh. I also noticed that all my oil cooling fins looked like they had been flattened out. I know there’s a metal comb tool that can be used to open radiator cooling fins up again, but it didn’t look like there was much space to get such a tool into the oil cooler fin sections.
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

MightyCondor wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:49 am
5 years and 3 RX-8s ago I did this to bridge the gap:

viewtopic.php?p=950572#p950572

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
That looks like a decent solution too, thanks :thumleft:.
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

New Duke
Former Member
Former Member

Post by New Duke »

I poked the front bumper today. The middle few blocked sections are baked into the grill itself. But the surrounding ones are from the blanking plate behind. So you were all right :D

You could open up some holes just by taking that plate off and leaving the few remaining middle ones. It'll sacrifice some rigidity I reckon. But so would cutting holes.

Here a video to show what I mean. Apologies for the quality and the dead bugs. It was taken on my phone at the end of today's trackday:

These users thanked the author New Duke for the post (total 2):
GreySilver Beast (Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 pm) • R1DSO (Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:53 am)
R1DSO
Former Member
Former Member

Post by R1DSO »

New Duke wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 pm
I poked the front bumper today. The middle few blocked sections are baked into the grill itself. But the surrounding ones are from the blanking plate behind. So you were all right :D

You could open up some holes just by taking that plate off and leaving the few remaining middle ones. It'll sacrifice some rigidity I reckon. But so would cutting holes.

Here a video to show what I mean. Apologies for the quality and the dead bugs. It was taken on my phone at the end of today's trackday:

Nice one, thanks for the vid. What a weird design! I’ll have a go at taking off the sections which look removable (without cutting) once I’ve got a 192 duct to butcher and some mesh for the oil coolers.

I also snapped one of the 4 bolt heads off at the front of the engine bay that holds the bumper on, so need to extract that too :roll:.
K&N panel filter
Suffix C Mazda coils
Magnecor leads
RRP engine mounts
Hel braided brake lines
Russell speed bleeders
R-Magic shift knob
Heel/toe pedal mod

Lemon
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Lemon »

R1DSO wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:53 am
New Duke wrote:

Nice one, thanks for the vid. What a weird design! I’ll have a go at taking off the sections which look removable (without cutting) once I’ve got a 192 duct to butcher and some mesh for the oil coolers.

I also snapped one of the 4 bolt heads off at the front of the engine bay that holds the bumper on, so need to extract that too :roll:.
i did that when fitting my RB intake, i'll drill and tap it out at some point.
Thanks, Stu

Mad as anything
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

The S1 has that area blocked by a soft panel fitted on the inside, that you have to remove to fit the ram duct
viewtopic.php?p=624121#p624121

The difference with the R3 is in the shape of the blocking panel
These users thanked the author warpc0il for the post:
R1DSO (Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 pm)
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

New Duke wrote:

I checked mine today after doing a headlight restoration (came out much better this time compared to last time I tried). My panel has already been removed.
New Duke (Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:05 pm)
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica