Service centre recommendation

Place for discussions about the RX-8
Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Service centre recommendation

Post by Ranjan »

Guys,

Just been informed that I have had a recall notice for fuel tank; just found out that Wolverhampton Mazda who were recommended by 13Black has now ceased trading; can anyone suggest an alternative place that know what they are doing.
Like to get this done before Ollie risks his life in it :puke:

Ranjan.
shroom
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Re: Service centre recommendation

Post by shroom »

Ranjan wrote:Guys,

Just been informed that I have had a recall notice for fuel tank; just found out that Wolverhampton Mazda who were recommended by 13Black has now ceased trading; can anyone suggest an alternative place that know what they are doing.
Like to get this done before Ollie risks his life in it :puke:

Ranjan.
Ok so I had mine done at Shrewsbury no issues with mine had airbags and pump stuff done.

Took a day and a half they ordered parts in and the booked me in no fuss.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PaulAV
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by PaulAV »

I think coventry mazda did a good job on mine, I was ahead of the game on the recalls having called them as soon as there was a rumour of a recall, one of their mechanics is a rotary enthusiast and tries to carry out work on any rotary that comes in, my recall lasted about 40 minutes and no issues after the work was done. There was no offer of a curtesy car, but as stated it only took 40 minutes from drive in to drive out.
Led side lights, purple Led interior & puddle lights, pz grills, Ryan rotary performance coils, sump, engine mounts & sohn, HME engine rebuild at 50k, RRP exhaust & high flow cat, racing beat revi intake including scoop, quick shifter, alloy filler cap, pz alloys, suspension, mazdaspeed spoiler, japspeed toe arms & hardrace camber arms, RRP custom remap
Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ranjan »

Thanks a lot guys; I will give Coventry a try.

Ranjan.
Ollie
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by Ollie »

I'll have to have you sign a waiver incase the car catches fire Ranjan.. :whistle:
These users thanked the author Ollie for the post (total 2):
ChrisHolmes (Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:31 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:07 pm)
Club Treasurer

Kentaro The Red - Sadly fallen...
Star Platinum - Work in progress

For whats pending... See here: viewtopic.php?f=204&t=86071
xamtex
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by xamtex »

PaulAV wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:23 pm
I think coventry mazda did a good job on mine, I was ahead of the game on the recalls having called them as soon as there was a rumour of a recall, one of their mechanics is a rotary enthusiast and tries to carry out work on any rotary that comes in, my recall lasted about 40 minutes and no issues after the work was done. There was no offer of a curtesy car, but as stated it only took 40 minutes from drive in to drive out.
cov mazda did my fuel recall and it took 3 visits...1 on a recovery truck to get it fixed...would not let that lot blow my tyres up.
i had my airbag recall done at tamworth.
mi60o0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by mi60o0 »

The only mazda garage I go and they done recalls on 3 of mine rx8 is Dartford one they know Clive and his race car to
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LEXUS LS430 4.3 v8 family car
Done exhaust and work wheels

Mx5 nd soul red Mike daily and work horse

Jessy’s Jaguar xkr 4.2 supercharged for fun family days
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by Delanor »

I don`t wish to put you off but Coventry Mazda:

Whilst replacing a worn drivers leather seat cover on my first RX-8 they managed to gouge a large scratch on the plastic back of the passenger seat but left me to find it so it had to go back for that, some time later I found they had broken the plastic surround for the drivers seat switches.

While in for service they were supposed to replace the coolant tank but forgot to order one.

While in for service as I had arranged they were supposed to change the oil cooler pipes, fit the modified front arch protectors and add sealant to the rear arches - it wasn`t done it was explained as "we have a new Technician and he didn`t know what he was doing!"

After a service I arrived at my home and decided to check the oil level a slight difficulty as their "Technician" :rofl: had left the dip stick on his bench, they had fitted the wrong oil filter and over filled the oil.

After another service they had changed the gearbox oil and left it dripping with oil as I found out 3 days later after the MOT inspector gave the car an advisory for an oil leak.

Just to show they are consistent Leamington Mazda (I didn`t know at the time were part of the same group) had my car in for service and I had complained about squealing front brakes they filed a 10mm chamfer around the edge of the brake pads this had cured the squealing but surprise the brakes no longer worked efficiently in addition they had put the pad shims back incorrectly on one side.

These were my local Mazda dealer and this happened over several years on my other RX-8`s - I only went there to keep the service record up to date but I have abandoned that idea and service it myself.

I did have the fuel pump/air bag recall work completed at Johnsons Mazda of Tamworth and credit where credits due they did manage to complete it quickly and efficiently.

So Coventry Mazda I may let them blow the tyres up but I would suggest you stand by and make sure they did it properly - just in case!

Del.
1st Brilliant Black 190. 2nd Brilliant Black PZ. 3rd Strato Blue 230. 4th Crystal White 40th Anniversary.
Rotary FX fender grills, Japspeed stainless exhaust, Cosworth Air filter, Kinetix slotted & dimpled discs, EBC Red stuff pads, Ryan Rotary MK11 coils, Magnecor leads, Stainless front & rear grills, HID main beams, LED tail lights, front side lights/front fogs.
MARKTHOMASBRAND
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MARKTHOMASBRAND »

Still harbouring that grudge Del :?: :lol:

Mark's : 2023 Misano Blue BMW M135i XDrive.

Mandy's : 2019 30th Anniversary Mazda MX-5 RF # 1761/3000.
Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ranjan »

Blimey, those are quite some stories of incompetence.
My PA has booked me in for Tuesday. I think I will play safe and cancel.
I will follow Xamtex and book Tamworth instead. Thank you all for the warnings, much appreciated.

Ranjan.
Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by Delanor »

MARKTHOMASBRAND wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 pm
Still harbouring that grudge Del :?: :lol:
Perish the thought Mark - we all make mistakes and we all need to move on after our trials and tribulations even if Coventry Mazda really is pathetic and useless! Somebody said they wouldn`t pay them in tap washers [-X I disagree - I would pay them in tap washers. :thumleft:

Del.
These users thanked the author Delanor for the post:
MARKTHOMASBRAND (Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:56 am)
1st Brilliant Black 190. 2nd Brilliant Black PZ. 3rd Strato Blue 230. 4th Crystal White 40th Anniversary.
Rotary FX fender grills, Japspeed stainless exhaust, Cosworth Air filter, Kinetix slotted & dimpled discs, EBC Red stuff pads, Ryan Rotary MK11 coils, Magnecor leads, Stainless front & rear grills, HID main beams, LED tail lights, front side lights/front fogs.