Place for discussions about the RX-8
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Re: Opinions on Dry Sump Pricing

Post by warpc0il »

"Winging it" sounds a bit like a bodge job, but I assume you mean adding side pods (aka wings) to regain the capacity lost in rebating the area for rack clearance.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
mzivtins
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Has thanked: 0

Post by mzivtins »

RenesisRaceBuggy wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 pm
Could you not just have modded the original sump and then winged it to get the capacity back?
Possibly, I bet widening, adding baffles and moving the pick up point could work, but at least with this setup now it gives the ultimate best chance of success which makes my life and the builders life easier so that head-scratching time can be used to make all the AN fittings we now need :lol:
RenesisRaceBuggy
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Post by RenesisRaceBuggy »

warpc0il wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 am
"Winging it" sounds a bit like a bodge job, but I assume you mean adding side pods (aka wings) to regain the capacity lost in rebating the area for rack clearance.
Yes, common thing with race sumps where you can't/don't have a dry sump setup. We used to do it with VQ35's as there was no point to a dry sump as the prop ran under the engine anyway - we used to mod the sump instead and put a tube through, run the prop through the sump itself, offset the pickup into a wing/extension and baffle it. Cheap and worked well.