R3 rear light condensation

Place for discussions about the RX-8
V8 Power
Former Member
Former Member

R3 rear light condensation

Post by V8 Power »

What is the best method for removing the water trapped in a R3 rear light cluster that results in condensation?
It seems like a sealed unit and short of drilling a hole in the bottom edge I cannot see how to get it out or indeed how it got in.
The bulb openings seem to be totally isolated away from where the water is.
Any ideas?

Thanks
35789BE7-4023-4955-B744-7877521777FB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence " Carl Sagan.
SeeJay
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Re: R3 rear light condensation

Post by SeeJay »

Graham,the way I've always done it on mine,is to remove the indicator and reversing light bulb holders,and place the lamp units in fron of an elextrix fan,with the warm blowing in thru' the holes for the bulb holders..A hairdryer will also work.

When you refit the lights,make sure the rear panel is scrupulously clean,and it may be a good idea to fit the gasket in two halves,leaving the rain channel behind the light clear for water run-off.

(If you do decide to drill drain holes,a couple of 3mm holes near the outer edge of the units I've found to be effective.)
2008 Sparkling Black R3 Japspeed Sportcat & Toyo Catback Drilled/grooved discs Simota Induction Kit D585 Coils Braided S/S lines Polished Engine Bay DRL's 2011 Spec Gearbox LED Side & fogs Calibre GT-R rims Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 19 Nissan GTR spoiler RacingBeat ARB's Tein coilovers BHR motor mounts Amemiya Grille CL RC5 pads
nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by nightfire10 »

Had a leak on the first S1 led rear leaking and when I used a hairdryer it left a mark where condensation was !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers edfc Racingbeat rear anti roll bar oil pres oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front rear grills,Tinted wind ws folding tow hook's,595s,connect2 ,at long last sohn and ap50 tank instaled ,revi ram air duct already fitted ! calipers painted,diff oil changed .
just oil lines to fit at some stage ( had them a while too) :P

180 of 400
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

You want lots of air but not much heat, to dry it out.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ