drone84
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Alarm randomly going off : My fix

Post by drone84 »

Hi everyone

I manage to fix my alarm issue 3 month ago so it time to share what I found.
Symptom : the alarm goes off randomly, could be 5 min, 1h or not, I also had random indicator light activation when looking the car.
No phone inside the car and internal air circulation mode (I don't know if it the right name).

Solution : That was the hood open switch how was faulty so when the engine bay was cooling down and the car locked, the switch ended-up switching itself and tried the alarm

Fix : I just made shortcrust in the connector switch with a piece of metallic wire to having it "close" all the time and I never had the alarm ring again.

Any question?
These users thanked the author drone84 for the post (total 3):
ChrisHolmes (Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:03 pm) • Shagrington (Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:53 pm) • Deathaga (Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:59 pm)
Deathaga
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Winning Blue

Re: Alarm randomly going off : My fix

Post by Deathaga »

Bit of an old post but I've just noticed this happening with my car now that I have an engine in it, if I leave it idling to get nice and warm and then turn it off lock it then the alarm might go off 5 mins later or might not.

I'll have a look at the bonnet switch, maybe it just needs reshaping so it does not appear "open" when its cooling.

Thanks for the post.
These users thanked the author Deathaga for the post:
drone84 (Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:15 pm)