rb_rx_gtr
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Has thanked: 0

Re: opinions on these plugs

Post by rb_rx_gtr »

After taking the car on track, it's completely changed. All the hesitation is gone! The blueprint coils are still running,.how well I don't know. I do know the inside of the tail of the exhaust has gone brown!!!! So guessing running very hot and I have probably cleaned out a lot of carbon.

Anyway I have done research into coils and ideally the best ignition for this 2 stroke is likely capacitive ignition. There is a ton of information on various types showing plasma like sparking. Anyway I don't see many using it so assume issues when placed in the engine even though it looks impressive in open air.

So taking advice and finding out that the better coils basically can store more energy therefore releasing a stronger spark I will go for the 35kv d585 coils.

Has anyone tried the cheap versions? I have seen some acdelco for 155 from eBay/Greece.
13Black
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Re: opinions on these plugs

Post by 13Black »

... they're not 2 stroke though :P
-= Rotormelon Money Pit Build of Tasteless Questionable Bodgery =-
Experimelon 183whp rebuild | Rotary Revs D585s | PZ Suspension | Hawk & Yellowstuff pads | Extra steering lock | Custom exhaust | Added rearward flames of glory | Unnecessarily repurposed ball gags
-= Clicky click for build thread =-