I Saw You Today At ......

Place for discussions about the RX-8
zoomzoomzoom
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zoomzoomzoom »

Mickeyblue wrote:saw a nice RX8 in red on the A13 near lakeside and you waved but i was on the fone at the time!! sorry!!the missus said you waved so i slowed to wave back but could get the speed right!

saw a black 8 in costco car park.......did you see the new lambo in there???

saw a Red RX out side staples near southend airport

saw another one in Benfleet high road...would of been behind you if it was not for a 4 milliion year old honda driver

another red at Vic house corner
On the A13 was me. Your missus did wave!
Red 230, red leather, sat nav.
Tomsk
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Tomsk »

AMH wrote:Hi John,

I brought my old 323 from Norton Way 8 years ago and they have always been great.

I've posted some pics of mine - see Filthy / Gorgeous.

AMH
Talking of 323s, I had a Fastback. They made the best shape (with pop-up headlights) G,H,J,K and L I think. Mine was an H reg, lovely car. I still see loads on the roads, and have yet to see a bad one with any rust.
S/Silver, 192ps, b. Jan 2004 - 22,000 miles, 1 mod only (= oil cooler protection grilles), 2 ProDrives, 12 meets. Still feels like a new car !

Post by Guest »

well as she often says 'i never listen' well that was me!
Red Devil
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Red Devil »

A titanium grey went up my road in Amersham this evening, had just parked my red in drive.
Velocity Red 230
My other vehicle is a Burrell Road Loco

http://www.britannia2668.co.uk
Peige
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Peige »

Drove mine into work this morning, first time as i only got her yesterday and got flashed by another Rx as i went into Smallfield.

Sorry whoevery you were, i was busy fiddling with knobs and gadgits :lol:
Torpedo
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Torpedo »

Got a wave from a winnig blue this morning, just after 11am, on the Branston roundabout, Burton-on-Trent, leading onto the A38. I think the number plate was *** JSD??
Cheers,
Simon

Was: Sunlight Silver, High Power, Black leather, strakes, lowered plate. (Dec 2003 - Oct 2006)
Now: Toyota RAV4 T180
Sue
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Sue »

passed an 8 on the Black Horse roundabout in Widnes around 9pm last night, it was heading towards Cronton.
Not sure what colour it was cos it was dark, but it looked like a red (was it you Pitva?)
as usual it had passed me before I realised what it was !!
Sue
Velocity Red 190 with R/B leather/strakes/filler cap and a huge smile :D
Gone but never forgotten
now an Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 MA veloce
jsd
Former Member
Former Member

Post by jsd »

Torpedo wrote:Got a wave from a winnig blue this morning, just after 11am, on the Branston roundabout, Burton-on-Trent, leading onto the A38. I think the number plate was *** JSD??
Torpedo..
'Twas me.. Just finished a v.long day at a customer, and was about to head south again. Nice wide mouth on your car :)
--jsd
The Ravenous Blue Bugblatter Beast : Small is powerful - Believe it! : Consistency is for the unimaginative
Torpedo
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Torpedo »

jsd wrote:
Torpedo wrote:Got a wave from a winnig blue this morning, just after 11am, on the Branston roundabout, Burton-on-Trent, leading onto the A38. I think the number plate was *** JSD??
Torpedo..
'Twas me.. Just finished a v.long day at a customer, and was about to head south again. Nice wide mouth on your car :)
Yay, first forums spot. :D
Nice edit of my post :wink: I think I could have guessed it was you if I saw it was ***JSD
Cheers,
Simon

Was: Sunlight Silver, High Power, Black leather, strakes, lowered plate. (Dec 2003 - Oct 2006)
lancia
Former Member
Former Member

Spotted at Branston

Post by lancia »

Could have been me as well - I saw a silver one at about that time, I was coming out of the Bombardier Virgin train depot
Simoleon
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Simoleon »

Saw a lovely new Red 05 plate at the turnpike roundabout on the A419 yesterday at 5pm.

It was coming out of the new ring road past Motorola.
H3 RXB - Red (190), Leather & Stainless Strakes - 7/9/04
"It's not impossible, it just hasn't been done yet"
Torpedo
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by Torpedo »

Hi, Lancia. I think it was JSD as he gave me a wave, and he commented on my big mouth!! (I've got a lowered number plate). Where's the 'Bombadier Virgin train depot'? Is that at Barton? I see you are from Littleover. I'm over in Littleover quite regular. My brother lives there, and when I spotted JSD, I was just coming back from my weekly physio appointment at the Nuffield hospital. I don't think I've seen a blue around Littleover, but I have seen a black one. Anyway, maybe we'll spot each other soon.
Cheers,
Simon

OCRX8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by OCRX8 »

Tit Grey X8**C at Whatley Manor today
Winning Blue
Leather
Part of the family since 18/11/04
Was toying with the idea of selling Rexy but couldn't do it!
orbist
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by orbist »

New 05 plate titanium parked at work in Hursley today.

Now not the only grey, theres a blue, red and black already, so grey must be the best colour... ;)
RX-8 Owners Club Founder Member
Chris L
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Chris L »

Couple spotted in Hoddesdon today:

Red 04 heading towards the main roundabout. Strato blue 05 (I think) going towards Stanstead Abbotts.
05 Titanium Grey HP
OCRX8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by OCRX8 »

Saw quite a few today.

Firstly a red 190 with red & black leather coming out of Melksham. Waved but got a bemused look back. Saw it again in Ikea in Bristol a few hours later!! Private Plate R800MO*

A Silver in Leeks of Melksham carpark reg X11BR*

A Black parked in a driveway just opposite Leeks, blinged up with chrome alloys and polished fins, reg SD54UN*

And lastly a black on the M4 heading eastbound, just before junction 18.
Winning Blue
Leather
Part of the family since 18/11/04
Was toying with the idea of selling Rexy but couldn't do it!
stever
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by stever »

Saw 2 other greys and a red on the A205 early this afternoon on a nightmare journey from Dulwich to Birmingham. I hope you don't have to drive on that road often whoever you are if you're on here - it took me just under two hours to get from Dulwich to the M4. Thanks to the red for waving back too.

Saw another grey and a silver heading south on the M40 slightly later on.
Musicman
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Musicman »

Titanium 04 parked on the main street in Queensbury Sat. lunchtime and a shiny Winning Blue ahead of me in the queue at the King's Cross lights in Halifax.
VR230 with bits...

Gone... but never forgotten
Sue
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Sue »

another red spotted (DE04***) heading down Wheathill Road from Huyton this afternoon, driven by a lady who looked surprised to see another one coming towards her :lol:
Sue
Gone but never forgotten
jmhorley
Former Member
Former Member

Post by jmhorley »

Hi to the red one with a private H plate on the M25 J16 who overtook me last night :) Hope you didn't get stuck in the jam as well...
philw
Former Member
Former Member

Post by philw »

Drove to Sevenoaks and back on saturday. Just short of 500 miles, hardly any traffic either way and No KIDS. Bliss. :D

Followed a grey for a while on the M25 between M1 and Thurrock services about 9am ish. Saw a Winning Blue at Thurrock Services and a Red on the road to Brands Hatch, about twenty minutes later.
WAS Black, 230
NOW Nissan Murano
Sue
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Sue »

I've had a few sightings today...are they becoming too common? :shock:

A man in a Tit with a 'pixy' reg on M62 heading towards Warrington just after St Helens junction around 1200, then a man in a Winning Blue passing The Swan pub at Winwick about 20 mins later, then a woman in a Black driving through Cronton towards Widnes later this afternoon.

no recognition from any of them :cry:, but i'll let the WB off, cos I wasnt driving the car, but was parked on the pub carpark

I've never seen so many in one day except for meets and Prodrive!!
Sue
Gone but never forgotten
Peige
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Peige »

philw wrote:Drove to Sevenoaks and back on saturday. Just short of 500 miles, hardly any traffic either way and No KIDS. Bliss. :D

Followed a grey for a while on the M25 between M1 and Thurrock services about 9am ish. Saw a Winning Blue at Thurrock Services and a Red on the road to Brands Hatch, about twenty minutes later.
I may have been the winning blue at thurrock, drove up to thurrock to do a spot of shopping from sussex... stopped in the services before 10 to let the other half whip in to the facilitys and then got some petrol :)

I followed one off the dartford bridge too on the way back later, think it was red, i know we went through the toll one after the other and i was a little too keen to keep up with it her after... snaked away from the toll booth to the alarm of my other half :oops:
Lexx
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Lexx »

Brilliant Black 53 plate on A66 heading towards Boro. Too far away for recognition really.
zevans
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by zevans »

StephenR wrote:Although I haven't got my RX-8 yet, I thought I would mention that I saw 7 of them today - yes, SEVEN! Is that some sort of record? I usually only see one or two now and again, but today I saw four on my way to work, one in the car park at work (he is usually there though) and two on the way home. Good spread of colours too - 2 red, 2 blue, 1 yellow, 1 black and 1 silver. I always seem to see them on the road with lots of roundabouts that runs alongside M6 J20-21. Anyone here drive along that as part of their commute?

I bet once I do get my RX-8 I won't see another for ages :roll:
Very old post now I know... but this might have been me. I've had me yellow fellow since August and I blat pretty much all over Lancs.

I'm usually at the Mascrat meet so that's probably why you saw me round J21, if you did...

Also, if it's a road with lots of roundabouts, I like it. :D