What have you done to your RX-8 today????

Place for discussions about the RX-8
PaulAV
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Re: What have you done to your RX-8 today????

Post by PaulAV »

Might see about doing this myself if it turns out half decent for that price
Led side lights, purple Led interior & puddle lights, pz grills, Ryan rotary performance coils, sump, engine mounts & sohn, HME engine rebuild at 50k, RRP exhaust & high flow cat, racing beat revi intake including scoop, quick shifter, alloy filler cap, pz alloys, suspension, mazdaspeed spoiler, japspeed toe arms & hardrace camber arms, RRP custom remap
Honkytonk
Media Team
Media Team
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Honkytonk »

Pippypip wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:39 pm
So the very nice Royal Mail man has been and delivered my lights from Illumaesthetic for my Rx8. So now I’m currently putting off cutting into my oem tail lights as I am petrified to screw up the cuts. Hopefully I will gain the courage and have them done by next week, meaning I will also have a set of r3 style s1 lights up for grabs if it all goes well Image
I would (the rapper) Mos Def be willing to relive you of those if all goes well...
Want to Take Part in the Club YouTube channel? Click Here!

Marvel at the Amazing Technicolour P-Shed Project Thread
And my OEM-only Luton Adonis, the Mighty Vectra!
Pippypip
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Pippypip »

Honkytonk wrote:
Pippypip wrote:
So the very nice Royal Mail man has been and delivered my lights from Illumaesthetic for my Rx8. So now I’m currently putting off cutting into my oem tail lights as I am petrified to screw up the cuts. Hopefully I will gain the courage and have them done by next week, meaning I will also have a set of r3 style s1 lights up for grabs if it all goes well Image
I would (the rapper) Mos Def be willing to relive you of those if all goes well...
If everything goes okay I may be willing to make a couple of sets Image
HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

Post by HarSc »

Pippypip wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:22 pm
Honkytonk wrote:
Pippypip wrote:
Is it just a filter that is placed inside the lens or is it actually changing bulbs/lighting positions and types? :-k looks funky - almost like some of the plug and play custom ones you see around on RX-7 FDs... Half wish there was some fresh R3 one like that. Mind you my wallet would disagree :roll: :lol:
Last edited by HarSc on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author HarSc for the post:
Pippypip (Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:05 pm)
Some guy from oooop north ;) | Harry | Membership Secretary | Media Team

- My Main RX-8 R3 [MHZ 3800] thread here
- My Project Banana [GL04 MXU] thread here
- My Mazda 2 DE daily thread here
- My engine disassembly shenanigans here
Honkytonk
Media Team
Media Team
RX-8: PZ

Post by Honkytonk »

Oh I was talking about the R3 style ones!
Want to Take Part in the Club YouTube channel? Click Here!

Marvel at the Amazing Technicolour P-Shed Project Thread
And my OEM-only Luton Adonis, the Mighty Vectra!
Pippypip
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Pippypip »

HarSc wrote:
Pippypip wrote:
Honkytonk wrote: I would (the rapper) Mos Def be willing to relive you of those if all goes well...
Is it just a filter that is placed inside the lens or is it actually changing bulbs/lighting positions and types? :-k looks funky - almost like some of the plug and play custom ones you see around on RX-7 FDs... Half wish there was some fresh R3 one like that. Mind you my wallet would disagree :roll: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pippypip
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Pippypip »

HarSc wrote:
Pippypip wrote:
Honkytonk wrote: I would (the rapper) Mos Def be willing to relive you of those if all goes well...
So the design that I have is a custom design for the series 1 RX8 which is envoles cutting into the series 1 tail lights to install the new custom faces. I am going to try and sort out the series one lights with a custom guide but I don’t know if this will apply to the r3 models
HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by HarSc »

Pippypip wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:09 pm
So the design that I have is a custom design for the series 1 RX8 which is envoles cutting into the series 1 tail lights to install the new custom faces. I am going to try and sort out the series one lights with a custom guide but I don’t know if this will apply to the r3 models
Yeah... I get the feeling it's hard to do much with the R3 sets... I guess by nature there's less of a market for it as there are less and they already have LEDs. I know that Dan does a lot of work with headlights and taillights but i get the feeling it takes a lot of wizardry :shock: :lol: :lol:

If only the S1&2 rear lights were interchangeable... now that would be fun :guns:

nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary

Post by nightfire10 »

First time driving the car for a couple of weeks and noticed my oil temperature gauge was on 0 oil pressure one working both powered connected to sandwich plate?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers edfc Racingbeat rear anti roll bar oil pres oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front rear grills,Tinted wind ws folding tow hook's,595s,connect2 ,at long last sohn and ap50 tank instaled ,revi ram air duct already fitted ! calipers painted,diff oil changed .
just oil lines to fit at some stage ( had them a while too) :P

180 of 400
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

Broken wire?
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary

Post by nightfire10 »

warpc0il wrote:Broken wire?
Will check tomorrow will get the amp meter out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers edfc Racingbeat rear anti roll bar oil pres oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front rear grills,Tinted wind ws folding tow hook's,595s,connect2 ,at long last sohn and ap50 tank instaled ,revi ram air duct already fitted ! calipers painted,diff oil changed .
just oil lines to fit at some stage ( had them a while too) :P

180 of 400
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by 79398 »

Replenished my little pee bottles with the oil elixir 👍😀
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by HarSc »

Proactive wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 pm
Healthy looking samples hmmm ;) :-k :lol:

Is that your pre-bottled pre-mix stash you keep in the car or something? Damn, really should have thought of that hah i'm normally stood at my boot faffing with the idemitsu bottle to get the right amount out :lol:

Former Member
Former Member

Post by 79398 »

HarSc wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 pm
Proactive wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 pm
Healthy looking samples hmmm ;) :-k :lol:

Is that your pre-bottled pre-mix stash you keep in the car or something? Damn, really should have thought of that hah i'm normally stood at my boot faffing with the idemitsu bottle to get the right amount out :lol:
20ml of idemetsu plus a little petrol mixed together, then it's one bottle per 10lts if fuel makes life easy at the pump.
SmuttyHutty
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Nordic Green

Post by SmuttyHutty »

I faffed with a 100ml bottle for each 3/4 tank but got fed up with the mess so I just squirt around that amount in the 192 straight from the bottle each time.
Pippypip
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Pippypip »

I use the 150ml versions of these bottles for my premix when I fill up as I normally fill up with a full tank. They can be a bit of a faff filling up with a funnel, but I found that filling up an old castrol power 1 bottle with 2 stroke and then using that to fill the little bottles works with no mess.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282511869638
Former Member
Former Member

Post by 79398 »

SmuttyHutty wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 pm
I faffed with a 100ml bottle for each 3/4 tank but got fed up with the mess so I just squirt around that amount in the 192 straight from the bottle each time.
I am a bit of a Pratt when it comes to the car, it would worry me if I thought I had put too much or too little in, It has to be precise in my mind🤓🤓
Former Member
Former Member

Post by 79398 »

This is what I carry it in and what's in it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SmuttyHutty
Former Member
Former Member

Post by SmuttyHutty »

I am currently playing with ideas for a SOHN/COF tank and don't want to lose the huge windscreen washer tank. My first thought was one type of motorcycle 2 stoke tank but the one I got was too wide at the bottom. I've had a good look at the 192 engine bay and the only decent place I can see to place one is (which looking from the front of the car) the back left corner to the left of the brake master cylinder.

An ideal container would be cylindrical and there are a couple of decent spots where straps could be fitted or, possibly, holes drilled and self-tapping and washered screws can be used. It's not as if the tank is going to be regularly taken out.

I am waiting for a Yamaha PW50 tank to arrive (£10), but it holds only 350ml and so I am looking into the option of having two of them and joining the outlet with a simple hose and T-bar set up. If there isn't space, the other option is for the DT125R oil bottle (£17) at 900ml but I cannot find the exact dimensions of this.

I am probably going to spend more on failed attempts than buying the kit from the USA and having it sent over, but I want to try and find a solution and whizz up to BigPete and create a path that others are free to follow.

My other issue is that the RRP COF needs a hose with ID of 10mm and these 2 stroke tanks have tubes with ID of 5mm. I know I can get step up connectors but that is an ugly solution unless I can hide the connector somehow.
Former Member
Former Member

Post by 79398 »

This is what I carry it in, and what's in it.
Idemetsu oil, pee bottles made up with oil/fuel mixture
Engine oil and coolant, gloves and a cloth.
rotatopotato
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by rotatopotato »

Pippypip wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 pm
I use the 150ml versions of these bottles for my premix when I fill up as I normally fill up with a full tank. They can be a bit of a faff filling up with a funnel, but I found that filling up an old castrol power 1 bottle with 2 stroke and then using that to fill the little bottles works with no mess.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282511869638
I use similar 150ml bottles and keep two or three in a container in the glove box (they inevitably leak so hence the extra container). But I am beginning to think I'll go back to the power 1 bottle and squirt it straight in. I don't go for precision, as long as I know its at least 150ml to a tank (it's more as I'll add that to a 3/4 fill) - the more the merrier, especially when I'm thrashing it.
SmuttyHutty
Former Member
Former Member

Post by SmuttyHutty »

rotatopotato wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 pm
I'll go back to the power 1 bottle and squirt it straight in. I don't go for precision, as long as I know its at least 150ml to a tank (it's more as I'll add that to a 3/4 fill) - the more the merrier, especially when I'm thrashing it.
That was my thinking: a dirty great squirt and a rough guesstimate of the volume of fluid I've just spaffed into the tank.
mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Copper Red

Post by mrspiller »

SmuttyHutty wrote:I am currently playing with ideas for a SOHN/COF tank and don't want to lose the huge windscreen washer tank. My first thought was one type of motorcycle 2 stoke tank but the one I got was too wide at the bottom. I've had a good look at the 192 engine bay and the only decent place I can see to place one is (which looking from the front of the car) the back left corner to the left of the brake master cylinder.

An ideal container would be cylindrical and there are a couple of decent spots where straps could be fitted or, possibly, holes drilled and self-tapping and washered screws can be used. It's not as if the tank is going to be regularly taken out.

I am waiting for a Yamaha PW50 tank to arrive (£10), but it holds only 350ml and so I am looking into the option of having two of them and joining the outlet with a simple hose and T-bar set up. If there isn't space, the other option is for the DT125R oil bottle (£17) at 900ml but I cannot find the exact dimensions of this.

I am probably going to spend more on failed attempts than buying the kit from the USA and having it sent over, but I want to try and find a solution and whizz up to BigPete and create a path that others are free to follow.

My other issue is that the RRP COF needs a hose with ID of 10mm and these 2 stroke tanks have tubes with ID of 5mm. I know I can get step up connectors but that is an ugly solution unless I can hide the connector somehow.
Phil Bate put a link years ago about a motorbike tank which fitted by the brake fluid tank . Template for bracket to
And the American ones use a much smaller tube

These users thanked the author mrspiller for the post:
SmuttyHutty (Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 pm)
SmuttyHutty
Former Member
Former Member

Post by SmuttyHutty »

Thank you - I'll hunt it out
mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Copper Red

Post by mrspiller »

SmuttyHutty wrote:Thank you - I'll hunt it out
Someone willl link you up
It’s a neat job

These users thanked the author mrspiller for the post:
Phil Bate (Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am)