Dealer Experience - whats yours like?

Place for discussions about the RX-8
SteveD
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Re: Dealer Experience - whats yours like?

Post by SteveD »

Are you saying you dropped the car off with them and they are now saying it's flooded?

How did you get it there, push it?
Had a rebuild? Not needed one? Please vote in the Engine Survey thread
evil_weasel
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Colour: Diamond Grey
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by evil_weasel »

well had to get it flat-beded there as it dumped its oil on the M6
so couldn't drive it
SteveD
Former Member
Former Member

Post by SteveD »

Ahh, so they are saying that was your fault.
Had a rebuild? Not needed one? Please vote in the Engine Survey thread
evil_weasel
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by evil_weasel »

well they where hinting they've "never seen the car running"
the main thing i'm a little miffed about is the fact that they finished the recall work
thursday lunch time and told me about the "can't start it as its flooded" at that time
that was last week, how long does it take a mazda dealer to sort out a mazda thats flooded

from what i'm getting from the dude in the service center is they haven't even tried,
they waiting for the technician and the van to be available at the same time .....
evil_weasel
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by evil_weasel »

ok they rang me just a few mins ago to say it running and i can pick it up
did mention that there where some wanring lights on, DCS/TCS and such
but assume they haven't reset them so will try that when i get there

will update on them after i get my car back
evil_weasel
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by evil_weasel »

Ok so got my car back last wednesday

and here's how it went down, still saying it was me who'd flooded it not them
I know it wasn't me as stated above but any ho, was a he said she said type situ so nothing i could do
they charged me £70 to get it started which took them 4 and half days to do
then they mentioned all the warning lights that where on, asked if they'd reset the DSC/TCS system
seeing that they'd had the battery off, they said they hadn't had the battery off and seemed not to have a clue
how to reset the DSC/TCS so went to my car, rested the system, all lights went off
checked my radio all presets gone checked trip meter's they where all at 0.0 too so to me that looks like they had
the battery off

now they've just contacted me to say there's the recall on the ECU ( re-prog ) hadn't been done as the computer
wasn't working ... so they trying to get me to book it in with them to get this done

anyone know anything about the ECU re-prog they're talking about?
thinking of finding a different dealer to get it done at tell the truth no confidence in this place at all
windmill84
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by windmill84 »

anyone used the mazda dealer in winchester?
BobJ
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3

Post by BobJ »

Thomo wrote:Our Mazda dealer in Aylesbury is probably the best car dealer we have encountered. It all started when i purchased a little mx-5 for my wife. This car developed a fault with the exhaust, even though it was not covered under guarantee and we had been driving it for 6 months they took the cost of the repair at nearly £1500. We then purchased a Mazda 2 on their advise as a cheap run around and we love it. They are really nice people and loaned us a new Mx-5 for our wedding as a thank you for purchasing the cars from them. I have now gone back to them for a 3rd time and out my deposit down for my new rx-8.

I think these guys are polite and very helpful, they are not the cheapest garage around but they sure give you more for the money. There sales team are helpful I have never had the feeling they are trying to take my pants down like some car dealers do. the service team is just as good performing prompt repairs to a good standard and the normally vacuum the car to,

If anyone in the area is looking for a new Mazda definitely give em a try.
If you are referring to Lodge Garage on the A41 near Aylesbury then this is a +1 from me =D> =D>

I bought my R3 new from them in March of this year. Since then I've been back for a few mods (exhaust, brakes, springs, roll bars) and they have been more then helpful with a very open minded approach to sensible mods on a car that's still under the manufacturers warranty. Like you say, they ain't cheap but where the service is good I'm prepared to pay for it.
Now Gone: RB Single Tip Cat-Back Exhaust; RB Complete Big Brake Upgrade Kit; RB Lowering Spring Kit; RB Front & Rear Anti-roll Bar Kit; RB ARB Links; K&N Panel Filter; Eibach 15mm Pro-Spacers; M'z Custom Rear Under Skirts; Lockwood Grills; Various Mazda aftermarket accessories...
Rocky
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by Rocky »

Vospers Honiton Road Exeter

The good news - they are only 10 minutes away
The bad news - at best they are very poor - 5 visits to remind them they were dealing with a recall issue, took over a year to sort it out. I asked about replacing coils as my RX had done over 50K miles, answer - "leave them until you think something's going wrong"! (i.e. until it's too late!)
I don't think they know what they are doing. If it wasn't for advise from the RX8OC I would be in the ess aich one tee by now!
Not impressed!

Rocky
Rex192
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192

Post by Rex192 »

Thanks for the heads up on the one in Exeter, I will steer clear of them! Do you know any good ones in Devon area Rocky?

Sarah.
Rocky
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Rocky »

Unfortunately not. I used my usual garage (PES) in Kingsteignton to sort out a non-starting problem just before Christmas. They flat-bedded it there and checked it over. They recon it had flooded (never done that in two & a half years) because the plugs were shot. I was charged for new ones by Vospers 6000 miles ago when it was serviced. I don't think they changed them but I can't prove it.
I would recommend PES to anyone and have used them for years but they are, on their own admission, not totally au fait with RX8's. I would still trust them to carry out a service rather than Vospers.
One or two lads recon the Town Hall garage in Torquay is good but that's a long way from Yeovil!
Rocky
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Rocky »

RX8 PZ Man - where did you go in Exeter? Not Vospers in Honiton Road I hope!

Rocky
Rocky
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Rocky »

Sarah,

Sorry, it was Central Garages in Torquay, not Town Hall Garage!

Rocky
Metro Fox
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Metropolitan Grey

Post by Metro Fox »

Edwards Mazda, Worcester...tip top, used my own oil, RX8OC discount which increases year on year - mistakenly booked me in for tomorrow instead of today, no problem Sir, take a seat and we'll get on it...1 hour 30 mins later, key in hand, remaining oil in container in a plastic bag in the car and off I zoom zoom.

A+ to Edwards Mazda
The Sleek Black Messengers of Death - We Come Unseen..

K&N Filter, Aerotwins, Blue LED's, SupaGard, B-Pillar Appliqués, Lockwoods, BlueVision Fogs, 2W 360o LED Sidelights, Bonnet Struts, Toyo Decat/CatBack, Eibach Spacers, RR Coils/Magnecor leads
To fit 5Zingen Harness, Eibach Lowering springs... :)

Previously seen driving......
S4 V8, S2000, Cupra R, TT V6, TT 1.8T
Tonus
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by Tonus »

Rivervale - Portslade, Brighton.

Having inadvertanly misplaced my locking wheel nut socket I took my car to Mazda in Brighton yesterday, for their help.

The service manager said they could remove and replace the existing nuts for new lockers, or if I was sure I would find my original socket they could remove all four locking wheel nuts and temporarily replace them with some secondhand non-locking ones they had in the workshop, until I found my lock-nut. It's in my garage somewhere and will turn up at some point so I opted for plan b and fifteen minutes later they had removed and replaced the nuts and handed me my original four locking nuts, all free of charge. Terrific.

It was great service and gratifying that a practical no-fuss solution was offered to get me out of a jam.
RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Post by RX8R3Rod »

Great story. =D>
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010
Tein Monosport EDFC Active coilovers, K-Sport BBK 8-pot forge 356mm front, 4-pot BBK 330 mm rear, 20" ATS Racelight, Michelin PS 4 245/30/20, Pettit exhaust, Pettit front and RB rear ARB's, Cusco strut and brake brace, Full Paintshieldx2, Rustmasterx2, and Rustbusterx2, M'Z Custom nose and rear skirts
190 Winning Blue 05-08, R3 Aurora Blue 08-10 ... fabulous friends
PAK9
Former Member
Former Member

Post by PAK9 »

Johnsons Mazda in Oxford.

I took my car there with a warm start problem, they told me the ignition coils needed replacing (I had replaced them a year earlier), the cat was failing, the engine mounts were collapsing and all this would need fixing. I called Mazda Rotary Parts (where I got the coils) and received some good advice and was told to take it to Hayward Rotary for a second opinion. Having done so it appears that Mazda was telling me a load of rubbish and I just need a new starter (in addition to some other bits that Mazda totally failed to pick up on).

So Johnsons Mazda in Oxford, terrible. MRP & Hayward Rotary, awesome. :)
roastbeeef
Non Member
Non Member

Post by roastbeeef »

Tonus - did you buy the car from Rivervale or just popped in there because of the issue?

I'm local but wasnt sure about taking my car there to get some stuff looked at
roythegrass
Former Member
Former Member

Post by roythegrass »

"Dealer Experience - whats yours like?" Well this guy didn't seem too happy. At least it wasn't a Mazda dealership !
Roy

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/russian-man-de ... mpage.html
2005 RX8 231 Velocity Red, 25K miles, FMSH, not a single extra or modification - looks the same as the day it left the factory excepting red calipers. NOW SOLD.
Lions1885
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Lions1885 »

Mazda Twickenham,

Brought a RX-8 winning blue second hand, great service fully serviced, MOT, 12 Months RT, 12 Months warranty and 2 new tyres.

Overall top notch service couldn't fault it in anyway.

Rob
Kingsilverman
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by Kingsilverman »

Can't decide about my Mazda dealer, perrys in Portsmouth. I have good and bad expereinces with them but I do think they understand the car pretty well. They recently replaced the diff under warranty and when i got the car back it was sweet as a nut. no issues with flooding or other silliness but you need your wits about you or they will cost you a lot money if you don't understand how cars work. The service manager Anthony is pretty straight as far as I can tell.
40th Anniversary RX8, 013 of 400.

Done - Lockwood Grills, SS Rotary Accent & Strakes, AF Short Shifter, black alloys, New discs, yellow stuff pads, Vredestein's, new coils, Hi Temp plugs, Magnecor leads, Black Eyelids, Eibach Pro + Springs, K&N filter, Kaaz 1.5 LSD. Petit Catback, RE:Worx engine rebuild at 59K, Refurb Gearbox. Braided Oil lines, New engine mounts. Defi Blue Racer gauges
Seasider
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Seasider »

Chris Allen Mazda. Fleetwood, Lancashire.

Rx had the 72 month service today.

What can I say, all staff excellent & helpful. =D>

I supplied plugs & leads, total price £300 including 10% club discount, very happy :D & will happily use them again when needed.

Carl
bozza
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by bozza »

Has anyone used Marshall Mazda in Milton Keynes? Been quoted a good price for a 6th year service and just wanna make sure no ones had any horror stories.
Dusty100
Non Member
Non Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Metropolitan Grey

Post by Dusty100 »

Avoid Stamford Mazda like the plague. They are completely inept and incompetent, not to mention rude.

I've finally been able to claim back the £132 I spent there. This takes the form of a £34.95 refund from Mazda U.K.for a botched MOT where their tester failed to follow procedure ( resulting in a fail). VOSA soon sorted them out.

I also managed to claim back a further £97 on my credit card for a botched oil and filter change. I don't believe they even knew what an RX8 was.

AVOID.
ruxpin
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by ruxpin »

I've already posted this under the traders section but thought I would put it up here for maximum exposure.

I would like to thank Martyn at the Orpington branch of TW Whites for being so professional, courteous and helpful whilst I was recently trying to track down a part, even though I had no part number.

Martyn was a big help and I got the part through the post very quickly, despite being in the middle of the country.

I would thoroughly recommend all members to get in contact with Martyn if you are after parts.

=D>