Place for discussions about the RX-8
tinaanddaz
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dealer Experience - whats yours like?

Post by tinaanddaz »

Took my 8 in for its second service this week at Romford Mazda. A gentleman call Chris called me over to his desk and said, we have done the service, but we have found some problems. My heart sank. Just a few problems he said.

O/s/f anti rollbar lower link broken, os engine mount riding low(did not say it was broken)
Handbrake cover broken (Cosmetic)
Center consol catch broken

I also pointed out that all four of my wheels and my rotary crest on the front had all got a small piece of corrosion appearing.

Chris then said to me. No problem all these items will be done under warrenty.
Car go's in next Tuesday for the warrenty items.

Can i just say from the sales guy's to the parts and service people and Shelley how friendly and curtious Romford Mazda were. They even supplie me and my father endless cups of coffee.

Many thanks again Romford mazda. These are definately the best dealership i have had dealings with.

Well done.

Darren
timechaser
Non Member
Non Member

Post by timechaser »

I quite agree with all your assesment there. Top shop there - but you seem really happy so uve posted it thrice! :shock:
No car - looking at a JDM RX-8 now.
SeanP
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Diamond Grey

Post by SeanP »

Top marks for them pointing these thigs out, and sorting them under Warranty.

However, I'd have wanted to know what the cause of the broken link and mount were; and the consequenses if this kind of fault wasn't spotted?
R3, Diamond Grey = :twisted: HUGE smiles :twisted:
RoSPA & IAM (NO) Advanced Driving Tutor; Safe+Systematic+Smooth+Sparkle=FUN! Hayward rebuild@45K(s)miles, 17.5 MPG.
🏁Green Hell :D, Spa :D, AutoSolos 10+, Donnington, Oulton, Blyton, Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x3, NorthWeald x5, Bedford SW. (Vids, Pics)🏁;
Never forget (28/08/09): 231, Titanium Grey, Leather.
cool'n'funky
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey

Dealer Experience - whats yours like?

Post by cool'n'funky »

A technical hiccup has temporarily meant the original copy of this thread is pending recovery. In the interim I'll put this here for any and all to comment on the experiences they've had, both good and bad, with their dealer.

This is meant to provide other 8 owners with useful recommendations and warnings and is an interim measure while a new and improved forum layout is being worked on.

So, please post comments and details of your experiences with Mazda dealers here. The thread will be closely monitored, and please try and keep commentaries objective and fair.
Mildly modified.
Furiously Wankelling away since August 2004.
Engine 1 spun its last spin at 88620 miles (YouTube before&after). Engine 2 still going...
These views are mine alone, and do not represent the views of any organisation I may be - or may be perceived to be - associated with.
jgoh
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by jgoh »

Its true. I brought my REX there for my 3rd servicing last week and they have offered to replace my alloys(which is well kerbed), fixed a broken suspension link and rear light condensation problems. etc all under warranty without any hassle. They also clean and valet the car before i came back next day to collect.
Fantastic dealership and highly recommended.
230Bhp, Brilliant Black, 2 tone leather, 18 inch alloys, 6.4 seconds to 60mph and 149mph...
chumble
Former Member
Former Member

Post by chumble »

Well, I've only had my Rex for a few weeks but I popped into my dealer MKG3000 in Twickenham as I was passing really only to say 'Hi!' and all that.

While I was there I mentioned the only niggle I've experienced with the car, namely an occassionally squeaky clutch pedal. I'd already investigated the issue (it was simply in need of a squirt of WD40 on the spring mechanism) so I knew it was trivial.

However, Dave said "Leave it with me" and got one of their mechanics to immediately take a look who duly did the WD40 squirt and swabbed a bit of grease onto the spring! I got introduced to other members of staff and could tell immediately that they seemed a good team all pulling together.

Well, I hope this attitude extends in the future as I was impressed (although a little embarassed for bringing such a weeny issue to their attention!).

Just my 2p's worth.

,c.
Last edited by chumble on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ku2t
Former Member
Former Member

Post by ku2t »

One thing I find confusing with Mazda dealers after reading posts on this board:

When I used to have a company mondeo, the dealer did everything in their power to find warranty claims, to the point where they would point out things that were negligible, but that they wanted to fix. I assumed as they were getting paid by Ford UK for this, it kept their parts and mechanics dept ticking over with work/£££.

Mazda dealers seem to treat warranty claims as if coming out of their own pocket? :?
Petra - Petrol'ish blue, PE04, drinks lotsa petra
231 Winning Blue, Leather, SatNav, PDC
Rotarised since March '06!
mmltonge
Former Member
Former Member

Post by mmltonge »

Not all dealers, as the above page points out, Romford are apparently very keen to do warranty work, and from my own experience MKG are too
Ali
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by Ali »

Mazda will only pay for warranty claims it has authorised so it's not really worth dealers chasing siilly things as they know Mazda won't allow it.
2007 RX8 PZ, Galaxy Grey. No extras.

Previously 2004 230 Titanium Grey with all the extras.

Less is, indeed, more.
JAY Z
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by JAY Z »

First visit too my local dealer in Motherwell (Scotland) and was disappointed. Asked them too check the oil cooler pipes for corrosion and they told me, "yes they are quite bad but until there is an oil leak there is nothing we can do, any way you have Mazda assistance if you break down". Phoned Mazda directly and they are looking into it at the moment
u2----
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by u2---- »

JAY Z wrote:First visit too my local dealer in Motherwell (Scotland) and was disappointed.
Was that Taggarts JAY Z?
Iain

Pz in Brilliant Black - Sour Plums for the Daft Grin - Snooper Sapphire - Meguiared so much it's turned from a Red 8 to a Black Pz-
JAY Z
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by JAY Z »

Yes Taggarts. Feel a bit awkward now mentioning the break up grade now
u2----
Former Member
Former Member

Post by u2---- »

Don't be, speak to Andy (service manager), I have always found him very helpful and keen to treat you right.
Iain

Pz in Brilliant Black - Sour Plums for the Daft Grin - Snooper Sapphire - Meguiared so much it's turned from a Red 8 to a Black Pz-
JAY Z
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by JAY Z »

Ok I will try and speak to Andy tomorrow about the front break issue. Take it you are local, have you used any other dealers?
PS. is Andy about mid fifties with grey hair?)
Skybird
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Skybird »

Hi

Took mine into Donalds Mazda in Bury St Edmunds today. Pretty good service from the team there - they are replacing my chrome alloys and strakes due to corrosion, and have upgraded the engine management software due to choppy idling.

Didn't clean it though!
Regards

Skybird
RX-8 231 Strato Blue, Strakes & Crest, Sunroof, SatNav, 3/4 Body Kit, All Black Leather, [New!] Chrome Alloys
RX8 PZ Man
Non Member
Non Member

Warranty

Post by RX8 PZ Man »

Bought my PZ seven weeks ago from local dealers in Exeter.Had to take it back first week for the floor mats to be secured to the floor properly and also had a rattle coming from dashboard.
They couldn't find the rattle so I had to take one of the mechanics out but he then heard it straight away.Had to take it back for them to have it a full day,said they had found the fault but had to order the part.I had to wait four weeks for the part but after fitting it on friday 9th the rattle was still there.They had the car back today,stripped down the dash,thought they had fixed it but when we left the dealers,got 1 mile down the road and had to turn back.Still there.
Must say that through all of this they have loaned us a courtesy car with no problems and have never argued that the noise isn't there.Lets hope that after five trips to the dealers,as nice as they are,this is the last one. :!:
Chris231
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Re: Warranty

Post by Chris231 »

Just had my bling wheels replaced and a new handbrake yesterday, which only took two weeks. The dealer also gave me a new battery as the car had difficulty starting if stood for more than a day. :cry: They have also upgraded the computer thingy!!! to see if it will solve the warm start problems.

So well done to JCT600 Leeds. :D
Titanium Grey, bling wheels (set number 6) Now gone but will never be forgotten, sat nav, I-mob tracking, SS Strakes, full set of RB grills, K&N Filter and Borla zorst. Now lowered.

Just ask me where anything is, it will be in the boot!!

Now she's "the reasonably priced car is the star" as driven by Jason Plato on Fifth Gear. :notworthy:

Looked after by Rotaryrevs
pwross1976
Former Member
Former Member

Diagnostic check

Post by pwross1976 »

Hi

Is there such a thing as an engine manigement check to make sure she is firing on full capacity
Would love to know if this is possible anyone out there
:wink:
PZ 800 PAUL
In control of this tarmac eating beast
DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by DogsnutsEA »

I believe there is... SCANalyser I think will do the job... (will prob be corrected in a minute though :D )
James (Former Club Tart (now owned by Hypothermia)/Annual Show 'n' Shine Winner 2006/Prodrive AutoTest Champ 2007)

MazdaSpeed 230 Strato with Grey Trim, DoB 22-03-06. Borla Exhaust, GunMetal Grey Strakes, Chrome MazdaSpeed Badges, Black MazdaSpeed Rear Brake-light Decal, Rear Parking Sensors, Leather Handbrake, Leather Front/Rear Console Lids, Illuminated Gearknob, RED Interior LEDs, RED LED Puddle Lights, LED Sidelights, Xenon Fog Lights. Now with MazdaSpeed GunMetal Grey Alloys.
RedyRex
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by RedyRex »

I took my car in for its PCM update to Newport Mazda. They also had a look at and fixed my creaking seat all in 35 mins while I waited. Very professional and curtious with copious amounts of coffee thrown in.
I can highly recommend them.
'06 VR, HiP, leather, Gone but never forgotten
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

Leather Extras Fitted & Discount Given.

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Hi GSB here,

Just to let you all know that Godfreys of Southwater,kindly fitted the following Leather extras to my car on 21/02/07 :-

1/ Brown Lth Gear Knob Illumination ( Red 5speed Track very 8) 8) 8) )
2/ Brown Lth Handbrake
3/ Brown Lth Front & Rear Centre Lid`s

They gave me 10% Discount on the above extras. :D :D
I negotiated a Discount from them a few months ago,when I needed to top up on Oil & mentioned the RX8 owners Club.They could`nt stretch to 12.5%,but could give me 10% which I am very happy about. :D :D

So bill came to £409.64 inc fit & labour,also they loaned me a car for the day free of charge.A Mazda 2 56 plate in Silver :) :)

It makes the inside look very classy in a funnie way :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

I recommend Godfreys of Southwater for the friendly service you get everytime you go their. :D :D :D :D :D :D
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
robb0
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Pentraeth Mazda

Post by robb0 »

:D
Thanks to Ken and Keith for their assistance in addressing some warranty issues. Very helpful, well done guys.
stewart
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Youngs Broughsane N. Ireland

Post by stewart »

Bought 2004 RX 192 19000 miles, took it to Walter Young Mazda today to get sill corrosion checked and drivers door seal. Service manager excellent pointed out corroded wheels and took photos, everything to be sorted. Have to get PCM update done - need letter from Mazda as original went to previous owner week after I bought it!
afjohnston
Former Member
Former Member

Post by afjohnston »

Had my 3 yr service + MOT done by Elite Motors in Tooting (S London) and found them pretty good. Not the most chirpy of people but seemed to do everything pretty well.

Interestingly they forgot to stamp the service book and when I popped round a couple of days later to get it done they realised the corrosion stamp (or whatever is supposed to get stamped in the service book to validate the anti-perf warranty) hadn't been done before so they did it for me. Tut tut - previous owners had the car serviced by TW Whites who had forgotten.
2004 WB HiPower
Davz
Non Member
Non Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by Davz »

Bought my new 8 from FURROWS TELFORD.

Supplied with dented bonnet, scratched glove box, scratched rear wing. Car returned for repair, car given back still with dent and scratched rear wing. Wrote saying I was returning the car and asked for money back, they then fixed it properly + diamondbrite coating as a gesture of good will.

Every ok for 4 months then powerloss, engine warning probs and a down on power engine. Into furrows 3 times and told couldn't find a problem and last time told a PCM update would cure it, within 1hrs driving engine light on ........again.

STAFFORD MAZDA. Car transported to Stafford, fixed and picked up the next day ............... a collapsed catalyst. Very friendly service people, knew their stuff and explained everything to me. I forgot to pick up the paper report on my car and they even came running out to give it to me, that is service!

I know which dealer I am going to use in the future!
Front Crest, front Mudflaps, B-pillar trims, Exhaust tail pipes, Rear crest + stainless grilles, aero deflectors, brake light decal, blue led's, K&N, bonnet dampers, Tein strut brace, front air dam, strakes, Blueflame motorsport cat, Magnecor KV85 + latest Suzuki swift sport
Life's a blur, well it is driving a Rex!