Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

qwakers
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: Turbo
Colour: Nordic Green

Re: Insurance Quotes

Post by qwakers »

05 231, 27 year old, 1 year ncb, no claims no at fault accidents, no mods, £320.

the advantage of living in cornwall
Juey
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Black Cherry

Post by Juey »

Dazza44 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:45 pm
I'm curious has yours any mods?
...was that for me?

if so - only those on signature from Prodrive cat back onwards.
JDM import so can't use 'normal' insurance comparison sites.
Black Cherry Mica
JDM Evolve. 192 6 spd manual from auto
I can explain it, but I can't understand it for you.
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

Juey wrote: Stone leather, purple stitching, Folding mirrors, cruise control, Prodrive cat-back, hi-flow cat, Rota Bronze Anniversary wheels, Eibach srpings, 20mm spacers, RB ashtray gauge pod, Prosport gauges, Interior UV lighting, Ghostlight Rotor, AuxMod.
#-o
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
Juey
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Juey »

.....no, no. [-X
They surprisingly go 'ping'.

Hence 'srpings'

Eibach special edition :nod: :unibrow:
Black Cherry Mica
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor

Post by warpc0il »

My bad ;)
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
Juey
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Juey »

FC with agreed value cover and all mods on an import with Adrian Flux all sorted £340.
Old.
Decades of no claims
Garaged
P'boro not usually on fire.
Agreed valuation of £5,500. Spits tea!
Black Cherry Mica
PeteH
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Post by PeteH »

Juey wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:13 pm
£5,500
Ahhh I see. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington »

Juey wrote:
....P'boro not usually on fire.
So living in Croydon goes some way to explaining how much I have to pay every year. :roll:
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
Juey
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Juey »

PeteH wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:44 pm
Juey wrote:
£5,500
Ahhh I see. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
...I'll take it :thumleft: 8)
Not calculated on £s per whp :mrgreen:
Black Cherry Mica
722Adam
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by 722Adam »

Just renewed with Admiral on a multicar policy.

Will be 26 by 2 days when it kicks in...
5 years NCB on the Lolvo, standard car with business use
2 years NCB on the 8 with mods declared and business use (just in case the Lolvo fails me)

£910

Could probably get it down if I looked around hard enough, but I can't be arsed. It's cheaper than last year when the 8 was basically standard so that's good enough for me.
Previously owned - Full Bridgeport 231 - Built by Rotary Revs

Now exclusively running BMWs

2018 BMW 118i
2015 BMW 430d GranCoupe
1999 Alpina B10 V8
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member

Post by ChrisHolmes »

Also with Admiral on a Multicar policy
BMW 318Ci, Honda Jazz 1.4, RX8 231 mods declared as in signature, 13 years protected NCB, Business use on all cars, parked on drive £610 paid monthly so about £50 in finance charges.
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black R3
Avatar courtesy of my grandson Cameron
SeeJay
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by SeeJay »

With AXA,who don't do multicar,but will 'mirror' any NCB onto a second car policy:

The R3,mods declared,plus the Swift Sport,both fully comp,20+ years NCB,age 53 and the usual social,domestic & pleasure use,with consideration that the R3 covers less than 2000 miles a year(scans of MOT certificates sent to prove): £ 325 :xmaswink:
2008 Sparkling Black R3 Japspeed Sportcat & Toyo Catback Drilled/grooved discs Simota Induction Kit D585 Coils Braided S/S lines Polished Engine Bay DRL's 2011 Spec Gearbox LED Side & fogs Calibre GT-R rims Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 19 Nissan GTR spoiler RacingBeat ARB's Tein coilovers BHR motor mounts Amemiya Grille CL RC5 pads
delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

Gone with directline after a bit of an annoying call with Adrian Flux. Got a quote from Adrian Flux which was a lot lower. I agreed to it and then went to Directline to cancel the renewal. They offered me a massively lower quote. Went back to Adrian Flux saying I didn’t want to proceed and they charged me £55 for the pleasure. Was not informed during the previous call about any cancellation fees. Anyway the directline line quote of £760 (modified, inner London, ncb protected, legal cover, hire car etc.) more than makes up for it.
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica

BHR coils+MSD leads, Stage 1 ecu tune, HKS Hybrid oil filter, Idemitsu 10w30, BHR engine mounts, RB oil cooler lines, Essex Rotary undertray, RB Revi Intake+Ram Air, Milltek/Pettit cat+catback, braided brake lines, SuperPro bushes, RB flywheel, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Pettit Ti flywheel nut, powder coated and fully resealed everything underneath
Dazza44
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Dazza44 »

U shouldn't have to pay any cancellation fee not within the 14 days you should only be charged for any cover you have had on the policy if any.

jondkent
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Stormy Blue

Post by jondkent »

Not very impressed with Adrian Flux. Went though the usual online application then nothing.

Current insurance renewal was amazingly lower than last year (£225, NCB covered, full comp), so stayed with them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

Dazza44 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:08 pm
U shouldn't have to pay any cancellation fee not within the 14 days you should only be charged for any cover you have had on the policy if any.

That was my understanding also but they seemed pretty adamant.
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica

BHR coils+MSD leads, Stage 1 ecu tune, HKS Hybrid oil filter, Idemitsu 10w30, BHR engine mounts, RB oil cooler lines, Essex Rotary undertray, RB Revi Intake+Ram Air, Milltek/Pettit cat+catback, braided brake lines, SuperPro bushes, RB flywheel, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Pettit Ti flywheel nut, powder coated and fully resealed everything underneath
PeteH
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Post by PeteH »

Read this:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consu ... -arranged/

You definitely have the 14 days cooling off period. The only complication is that they may argue that you received a service during that period (a day or two of insurance, and the admin involved in setting up the policy), and that needs to be paid for. It is then for you and them to negotiate a reasonable sum for that service. They will almost certainly argue that the admin fee they charged you is to cover the service they provided. BUT, if they called it a cancellation fee then they are not allowed to charge you that. So you need to tread carefully, and take careful note of exactly what they say.....

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. I know nothing. I am responsible for nothing. Don't trust me. I'll probably steal your children given half a chance.
These users thanked the author PeteH for the post:
delta0 (Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 pm)
delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

PeteH wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:37 pm
Read this:

You definitely have the 14 days cooling off period. The only complication is that they may argue that you received a service during that period (a day or two of insurance, and the admin involved in setting up the policy), and that needs to be paid for. It is then for you and them to negotiate a reasonable sum for that service. They will almost certainly argue that the admin fee they charged you is to cover the service they provided. BUT, if they called it a cancellation fee then they are not allowed to charge you that. So you need to tread carefully, and take careful note of exactly what they say.....

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. I know nothing. I am responsible for nothing. Don't trust me. I'll probably steal your children given half a chance.
Thanks. I’ve submitted a complaint. The insurance is not due to start until 27th January so no service has been provided.
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica

Azimuth
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Azimuth »

Interested to know how that turns out. £55 for setting up insurance seems rather excessive.

Quite pleased with my renewal. 43, 1yr NC and no points. Down from £430 with Churchill to £250 with Esure. Churchill wanted £400, Aviva wanted £780!

There really is no rhyme or reason to these figures. Living in Somerset and being half dead helps I guess.
wiggles
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by wiggles »

I am having a bit of trouble with adrian flux as well...

Got a good quote of £350 all mods declared which is decent for someone who is 26 with 2 (non fault) claims in the last 2 years (2 people have driven straight into the back of me! ](*,) )

Called up to take it out, was told one of my claims was showing as fault on "the database" so it was going to be £400 they agreed they would refund the £50 difference when I proved it was non fault.

I then sent them my previous insurers renewal offer which doesnt have the claim on it as it was all dealt direct against the third parties insurance so nothing was claimed off my insurance at all. They say this isnt enough and they need something from my previous insurer to saying I didnt make a claim from them... they cant give me that because I didnt make a claim so therefore they have nothing to send me to prove this (other than the renewal offer) so im stuck where I have a renewal offer showing I made no caim but Flux wont accept this as proof...
Project thread Galaxy grey 231 - Street Port, Tein coilovers, decat, D585's, Cobra Catback whatever 9j wheels aren't broken at the moment and a massive wing
bunch1980
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by bunch1980 »

I personally thought all claim info was on a database and they all had access to, so if you lie to when going to another they would know but maybe doesn't work like that at all.
akhan48
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Diamond Grey

Post by akhan48 »

If the information in the database is wrong then it’s best to try and get it corrected, as you will have this issue with all insurers and for years to come.
Diamond Grey R3. RR D585 Ignition Coils & Magnecor Leads. Pettit Racing / Milltek Catback. RB Dual-Res Decat. RR Custom Remap + Pops & Bangs
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor

Post by warpc0il »

The problem with the shared database is the data that's shared.

Insurance companies have signed-up to the process but can be very lax in the detail that they provide.
There have been issues related to property insurance where the Ombudsman has had to step-in and tell the companies to up their game.

There have been suggestions that the vague nature of the data is deliberate, in a vain attempt to make it harder for people to change insurers, but that's difficult to prove.

One thing that's definitely a problem with the process is that the data includes whether the insured has "Has had a loss".
This may occur if say, you were involved in a minor prang but chose not to make a claim on the insurance, e.g because is was less than the excess.
If your insurer became aware, either through another party or because you rang to check and then told them that you weren't going to bother claiming, then this flag gets set. Some insurers aren't that careful about checking the source of "other party information" and you can suddenly find such a flag against you - for no good reason. Suddenly your own insurer is the only one willing to give you cover for a near-reasonable quote.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Post by delta0 »

PeteH wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:37 pm
Read this:

Azimuth wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 pm
Interested to know how that turns out. £55 for setting up insurance seems rather excessive.

Quite pleased with my renewal. 43, 1yr NC and no points. Down from £430 with Churchill to £250 with Esure. Churchill wanted £400, Aviva wanted £780!

There really is no rhyme or reason to these figures. Living in Somerset and being half dead helps I guess.
Success! After contacting Citizens Advice they gave me some useful info about how to proceed. I submitted a complaint to Adrian Flux with all the details about the calls and the fact there was no cancellation fee mentioned. Adrian Flux immediately issued a refund!
These users thanked the author delta0 for the post:
Azimuth (Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:59 pm)
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica