Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by u2---- »

Because of this!

Over 2 years down the line and it's still georgeous from every angle!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iain

Pz in Brilliant Black - Sour Plums for the Daft Grin - Snooper Sapphire - Meguiared so much it's turned from a Red 8 to a Black Pz-
timechaser
Non Member
Non Member

Post by timechaser »

Almost a year old, but this car still puts a smile on my face whenever I take it out - whether to the local tesco, or a longer drive!!! Never ever happened with any of the limited cars I have owned earlier!

I have driven it both conservatively (which is good for the fuel economy, but no fun at all), as well as fast - and it works both ways! Whether travelling at 149mph, or trying to race a 911 at the lights, this car works wonders!!! Firmly planted, with not even the slightest hint of turbulence!!!

I love it!!! Totally...
No car - looking at a JDM RX-8 now.
RichardK
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Nordic Green

I love this car :D

Post by RichardK »

Playing a bit on the local roads, and a BMW 3-series decides my 5-car passing (they were behind me) was in some way offending their manhood, so tailgated me whilst weaving around and crossing the white line on bends. Shabby. Anyway, there's a nice 20mph right angle bend, so I got set up to do a nice flick into it at nearer to 60 approach speed.

And the damn thing did it perfectly. I have never driven a car which intervenes so well; I should have understeered a touch before getting the tail out, but the DSC improved the line I was aiming for (instead of 'correcting' me into a verge, which I'd expect my previous experience of stability control to do) and still let me swing the back end. Very, very tidy indeed, squeal from the tyres and a perfect line.

BMW sort of vanished after that - didn't see it in the hedge, so I assume they either backed right off, or up another road.

I might not have the confidence to do car 'ballet' spins/slides like I could with my X1/9 (skinny tyres), but the RX is without a doubt the best handling production car I've ever driven, let alone owned.
Was: 121 cars in 15 years. Now 183 cars in 30 years - back to RX-8!

2022 - Cygnus - LY04 VAM. 2004 RX-8 231 Nordic Green, Stone (was black) leather. Strakes to follow...
Others: 2007 MX-5 2.0 Sport, 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Cabrio, 1995 ZAZ Tavria, 1968 Spitfire
2006-2008 era: FH55 OBW - 2006 RX-8 190 Galaxy Grey, Cloth, SSStrakes, RBScreens
Johnny5
Former Member
Former Member

Awesome!

Post by Johnny5 »

I just had a nice little jaunt to Antwerp (Belgium) in my Blue 230, and was quite surprised quite how good the RX is at long trips!

I left Hertfordshire at 4pm on Saturday, and arrived in Antwerp FOUR AND A HALF HOURS LATER!

Now I know it's only 300 miles, but this included a Chunnel crossing too, and it goes without saying a Fuel stop :lol:

The general feel and stability of the RX is really something, and contributes to a genuine lack of driver fatigue, and although have never found the RX seats to be exactly sublime, they manage to feel the same after 300 miles as they did after only 30.

I'm very very impressed by this machines Mile munching ability.

Lets see how my licence does in fourteen days eh? :?
2006 RX8 231 in Winning Blue with Leather and SatNav. 17mpg and rising...
weasley
Former Member
Former Member

Post by weasley »

Couldn't agree more. Last year I took my wife and my parents (and 5 days luggage each) to France and back. Whilst it is agreed the rear seats aren't sofa-like, there were no complaints from the back and I was perfectly comfortable up-front for the whole trip. The car swallowed the luggage like a Tardis and still drove impeccably, despite the extra weight.

In motorcycling there is a type of bike known as a 'sports tourer' - I think the RX-8 fits this bill perfectly. Sporty enough to be good fun and practical enough to be useful.
Not had a Wankel since 2007.
matfrost
Former Member
Former Member

Post by matfrost »

I did 10-11 hours travelling on Saturday, and I have to agree it was so very comfortable!!
The boot is also deceptively large. If you pack carefully you can get loads in there. Just go for soft bags rather than large suitcases.
You can then try doing morse code with the high rpm beeper. Seems to always do dashes though and no dots :D
RX8 HP, Velocity Red, Leather. Now gone :(
The G Man
Former Member
Former Member

Post by The G Man »

Mine is perfect coz even when I'm on a 5 o'clock start on a wet Monday morning I can't wait to get in it n drive it 8) Oh and get compliments about my PAINTED calipers :wink:

G
2006 - 2010, 231BB, Gone But NEVER Forgetten
2010 - 2013 370Z GT Pack
2013- 2016, 370Z Nismo
2016 - present,Ford Mustang 5.0 GT, Ruby Red,FRPP Touring by Borla,FRPP Track Handling Pack,FRPP Strut Brace,Custom Plenum and coil covers by RPI,20/23mm spacers,Super Snake Stripe By BigWorm Graphics,American MuscleSplashGuards,DRL LED, Steeda Bonnet struts.
Tomsk
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Tomsk »

Nearly three years down the line for me and still lovin' it. No probs mechanically, one minor mishap (my fault) when being hassled whilst parking - put right within a week. I get a regular 22mpg. Oil ? 1 litre lasts me 1,000 miles.

Went on a long journey (for me) on Sunday: Reading and back for the Annual County Championships (bar billiards): Seven in a team (playing for Surrey) and I was one of two drivers. Thought I was going to be late to Reigate to pick half the team up, so put my foot down. An extended beep as I overtook (a "Sunday driver") in second. Got there ten minutes early !

The journey to Reading was uneventful, the tournament went like a dream, happy and settled I played my best ever although Oxford won it comfortably. The journey home was frustrating as we were stuck in a motorway jam on the M3 after Bagshot. But Rexy handled well.

The guys, who had commented on the comfort, interior size and handling of the Tomskmobile, requested some music and on went Coldplay (XY Album) and it was funny listening to two forty-year-olds singing along to it - they knew every word. One was on a promise and I had to put my foot down again before dropping him off in the middle of a deserted car pack outside a nurses' home. :roll:

For the whole 100-mile journey there and back I did not see a single other RX/8.
S/Silver, 192ps, b. Jan 2004 - 22,000 miles, 1 mod only (= oil cooler protection grilles), 2 ProDrives, 12 meets. Still feels like a new car !
dl303
Former Member
Former Member

People say 'nice car'

Post by dl303 »

Long story short... pulled into a petrol station in very south Austria, having driven through the Glossglockner (a mountain pass that effectively takes you from the Alps towards Germany - built after WWII as a tourist attraction and one of the Best Driving Roads Ever). Had been driving 10 hours that day already, so stopped for (more) petrol, some red bull and to stretch a little bit before driving another 100 miles to the hotel...

Anyway, was standing a few meters from my 8, chatting to my mate / standing by his car, not really paying much attention to my own car.

Turned round and a chap with an Alfa (166 I think), on Swiss plates had pulled up next to my 8 and said in that perfect English some foreign people seem to have, "Nice car...."

Said it all really.

:D
Sadly no longer an 8 owner, but my elise SC is a fine car too - if not all that practical!
Diesel
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Diesel »

My 192 is the best thing I've ever owened (except my husdand)- but would love to upgrade to the new PZ.

But then I'm a woman and sentimental (emphasis on mental -lol). :twisted:

My car is perfect. And red. And my Dad (who has the DB-7 vantage so knows what a good car is) prefers it to my brothers BMW Club sport 330 (which handles like a pig - lol) :lol:

Dx
RedRenesis
Non Member
Non Member

Post by RedRenesis »

Seems your Dad has better taste than your brother! :D
Diesel
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Diesel »

Yup

And David's car is estrial blue. it's like it is the offspring of a BMW M3 and a 206 - Yuk.

It's not as fast as the M3 it handles like a 206 and it's kind of poofy blue.

Lol.

Ok it's faster in a straight line but my car actually goes round corners....

ISH :twisted:

Dx
Diesel
"Let's paint the town Velocity Red"
Go on then small dick - overtake me!
Cap'n Custud
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Cap'n Custud »

My 231 has given me more confidence on the road and in myself in these last three weeks than I have achieved in the previous 7 months following an argument between my MX5 and a 40 tonne truck.

I love this car more than I loved my MX5 and the GTV.

Never in my life did i think i would ever say that!
ironman
Former Member
Former Member

Post by ironman »

Aye - the Rex is a sensational car to own and drive. I love that real smug feeling every time I walk up to it in a carpark.

However, I do have a wish list:

Rear wash/wipe
Folding rear seats

And why oh why have they placed the boot release in such a difficult place to find? By the fuel filler release would be better.

Then the car would be perfect!
jazzman
Former Member
Former Member

Boot release

Post by jazzman »

Had the car for almost 3 years.

Where is the boot release...............I've only ever opened my boot via the key fob......!! :oops:
Ex 192PS but still lurking...........
Harrizone
Founder Member
Founder Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Harrizone »

To the right of the bonnet release and requires you push not pull. :D

Provided of course you know where the bonnet release is. :twisted: :wink:
Now a distant memory unfortunately.
jazzman
Former Member
Former Member

Post by jazzman »

Thanks a bunch!

Yeah...........released the bonnet a few times - sometimes to add oil..!!!!
Ex 192PS but still lurking...........
The G Man
Former Member
Former Member

Post by The G Man »

Mines is perfect because the smiles just keep on comin' :happydance: :happydance: :xmasnuts:
2010 - 2013 370Z GT Pack
2013- 2016, 370Z Nismo
2016 - present,Ford Mustang 5.0 GT, Ruby Red,FRPP Touring by Borla,FRPP Track Handling Pack,FRPP Strut Brace,Custom Plenum and coil covers by RPI,20/23mm spacers,Super Snake Stripe By BigWorm Graphics,American MuscleSplashGuards,DRL LED, Steeda Bonnet struts.
dl303
Former Member
Former Member

Smile

Post by dl303 »

Hadnt driven it for a while... roads cold but dry, tyres cold (but engine nice and warm), local set of roundabouts...

Some oversteer, lots of revs, great noise and big smile.

It really is a cracking car...
Sadly no longer an 8 owner, but my elise SC is a fine car too - if not all that practical!
The G Man
Former Member
Former Member

Post by The G Man »

Even more(?) perfect today, them roundabouts sure make you grin 8) Time to rotate the wheels me thinks :roll: :wink: :lol:
2010 - 2013 370Z GT Pack
2013- 2016, 370Z Nismo
SteveW
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Re: I love this car :D

Post by SteveW »

RichardK wrote:Playing a bit on the local roads, and a BMW 3-series decides my 5-car passing (they were behind me) was in some way offending their manhood, so tailgated me whilst weaving around and crossing the white line on bends. Shabby. Anyway, there's a nice 20mph right angle bend, so I got set up to do a nice flick into it at nearer to 60 approach speed.
I love doing that. The amusement of a tailgater getting seriously out of shape in the rear view mirror never gets stale. Some people need a practical demonstration that just because I don't need to brake doesn't necessarily mean that they don't. There's a 90 degree left in a thirty mph road through an industrial estate near here. I'm pretty strict about speed limits other than NSL, so I can more or less guarantee that I'll have some idiot up my chuff. The Rex will take it without lifting. Experience suggests that most other cars won't...
2004 Elise 111R
2004 350Z
2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT estate
Harrizone
Founder Member
Founder Member

Re: I love this car :D

Post by Harrizone »

SteveW wrote: The amusement of a tailgater getting seriously out of shape in the rear view mirror never gets stale.
Me Too! Me Too! :D :D :D :D :D
Now a distant memory unfortunately.
AnilS
Founder Member
Founder Member

After hibernation, it still amazes

Post by AnilS »

My car, still on its original battery and starter upgrade, has been stored in my garage, hand brake off but no alarm set, since the 11th Dec 2006, due to my knee op.

It was started this morning (more out of boredom and impatience on my part) and it turned over first time, immediately :shock: :!:

I struggled to get in (still limited knee movement) but then drove it out onto the drive. No knocks, moans or rattles. It idled at 3K for 5 seconds then settled to 2K for a minute and finally a heathly idle below 1K.

Left it too idle whilst I limbered up (yes, I have to at my age and condition :roll: ) and went for a 6 mile drive. It was utterly brilliant. Responsive, alert and benign. I could not "drive" it as I am lacking a little "ability" (read agility) at the moment but it was good exercise and easy within my remit. No one would have been in danger :D .

Refreshed, I took myself (with Mrs AnilS as a passenger for the first time in 5 weeks) to my own physio appointment into Birmingham and back. No ill effects on me, not even tiredness, or the car. In fact, I think we both (me and car) enjoyed it. Not so much the wife :wink: .

I have only one slight grumble. I cannot easily get in or out of it, and had to find parking where I could fully open the door to ease egress/ingress. This will be the biggest hurdle (no pun intended) to deal with, as my leg will take 12 months to fully recover.

I will have to see how I get on :( , but today was GREAT \:D/
dirtyleeds
Club Member
Club Member

Post by dirtyleeds »

You've always been lacking in ability Anil,.....but we still love ya!!
:wink: :D
Former Club Secretary
Strato Blue 230 with ALL the optional extra's plus Hoop Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, MazdaSpeed CAI, RP High Flow CAT, RB Grills, and Fully Uprated Brakes - Gone but not forgotten!!
Born a northerner, always be a northerner - just came down south to take your jobs, money and women! :D
Nice But
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Nice But »

Anil

Excellent to here Rexy is still as sweet as she was 5 weeks ago and good to hear you've made the break....... the more you do it the better it becomes.

Took Rexy down to London today to pick up some wheels........ how I love this car....... 53summat BM shoved up my chuff on the A30, no brakes for the island :lol: floored half way through, back end twitched and offfffffff where's the beemer? ...... still trying to disentangle his arms as the heap went everywhere ........ Still LOVIN' it after 4 months.....OUTSTANDING!
Tim
MX5 2.0 Launch Edition 2005 - Velocity Red with Eibach boingies.Racing Beat Zorst - not quite an 8 but lots of fun still.
Ex 231hp true blue, Winning Blue 56 plate Sadly missed

http://www.2into.co.uk