Forge Action Day 2018 | Saturday 8th September | Castle Combe
From non-stop track action to huge club displays and some of the biggest names in the performance scene, this is not to be missed!

Track Action / Drifting Demos / Passenger Rides / RX-8 Club Stand / Show & Shine Competition / Forge Motorsport Exhibitor Village
Tickets available in the Club shop now!

COME ON THE MODIFIED!

(Open Viewing) A useful place to upload or link your photos and videos of the cars.
shaun69
Former Member
Former Member

Re: COME ON THE MODIFIED!

Post by shaun69 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:28 pm

new pics with pettit upgrades
Attachments
3.jpg
FRONT AND REAR MUD FLAPS
3.jpg (94.45 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (95.31 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
1.jpg
PETTIT NOSE
1.jpg (96.66 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

shaun69
Former Member
Former Member

Post by shaun69 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 pm

PETTIT EXHAUST
Attachments
6.jpg
6.jpg (88.02 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
5.jpg
PETTIT EXHAUST (4" TIPS)
5.jpg (98.45 KiB) Viewed 1810 times

benedunn
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by benedunn » Thu May 19, 2011 9:12 pm

some fantastically good looking cars on here but, and im sorry if anyone is upset by this, in my own humble opinion your rex, RX8R3Rod, is without a doubt the most stunning example of the car that i love so much that i have EVER seen in my entire life! enough to nearly bring a tear to my eye :cry:. so stunning it almost took my breath away and my dad actually jumped up out of his seet to walk over and have a closer look (and to put that into prespective our lounge is 22 feet wide and his eyes arnt that great at best)

perhaps i got a little over exited and dont want to be bigging you up too much :P but ive often thought it looked good in your avatar, tho i have, before today, been decived by those little pictures :evil: i think, if you could, id like to see a full thread dedicated to your car FULL of pictures and might even go out of my way 1 day to visit it

keep up the good work everyone!!

Ben
Please excuse the spelling mistakes ^^ :D

I'll second that!

rex 192 b black: red and black interior, chrome mazda alloys, full mazda aero kit (inc spoiler), Full custom painted engine and intake etc, medium street ports intake and exhaust, full toyo system front to back, all round ebc drilled and grooved disks with red stuff pads and fully adjustable meister R coilovers n do i love it :D

RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Custom

Post by RX8R3Rod » Thu May 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Ben, well that's exceedingly kind of you! I'll try and get some pictures up under the car project thread. (I should mention that Ben's really my mum ....)
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010
Cusco Zero 2 coilovers & ECON, Racing Brake BBK, 20"/18" OZ Ultraleggera, Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 245/30/20/Direzza 245/40/18, Pettit exhaust, Pettit front and RB rear ARB's, Full Paintshield and Rustmaster, M'Z Custom nose and rear skirts, new engine & clutch @ 44,500 miles, and then ...
190 Winning Blue 05-08, R3 Aurora Blue 08-10 ... fabulous friends

benedunn
Club Member
Club Member

Post by benedunn » Thu May 19, 2011 10:33 pm

hahaha that i am 8)
Please excuse the spelling mistakes ^^ :D

I'll second that!

rex 192 b black: red and black interior, chrome mazda alloys, full mazda aero kit (inc spoiler), Full custom painted engine and intake etc, medium street ports intake and exhaust, full toyo system front to back, all round ebc drilled and grooved disks with red stuff pads and fully adjustable meister R coilovers n do i love it :D

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington » Fri May 20, 2011 3:59 am

Still looking clean and shiney Shaun - that's a very good look you've got going. 8)
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired - just need to get rid of hand over the bank stuff etc)
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

DreRX8
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by DreRX8 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:16 am

Thought it time to start representing the mods....here are a couple of shots....more once its been back to pettit for its final ride height adjustment.

Anyone notice where those brakes come from...lol...

Dre.!
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (95.71 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (79.81 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (77.77 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
Current Mods | Black 18" Rota Torque Drift Alloys on ZZ5s | Carboninmotion bodykit | BHR Ignition Coil Kit | BHR Flywheel with ACT counterweight | Exedy stage 1 clutch - BL's | K-Sport 356mm Big Brake Kit BL's | Cusco Zero I Coilovers | AEM CAI | RE-Amemiya Super Dolphin with RB MID | Kept on the road by EssexRotary

RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8R3Rod » Thu May 26, 2011 6:24 am

Hey that looks great; really nice mix of R3 and aftermarket components making (for me) a genuinely cohesive, integrated look ... Like Mazda could and arguably should have done originally. And don't those brakes (eugene's?) look fabulous? By the way, which nose do you have?
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010
Cusco Zero 2 coilovers & ECON, Racing Brake BBK, 20"/18" OZ Ultraleggera, Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 245/30/20/Direzza 245/40/18, Pettit exhaust, Pettit front and RB rear ARB's, Full Paintshield and Rustmaster, M'Z Custom nose and rear skirts, new engine & clutch @ 44,500 miles, and then ...

DreRX8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by DreRX8 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks for the comment....the way you described the fusion is exactly what im going for factory ish.....a slightly more limited...limited edition!! Feel free to post the keys to your R3 through my letterbox.....it looks so.......right. The front bumper is from Carboninmotion.com its the RR....but if that circuit trial front end existed for the S1 then I would have been going in on it. Great choice.

Good spot on the brakes....they were indeed from Eugenes R3!

Here are the shots now that the Cusco's have had a tweaking....

The Side Shot.....

The Paparazzi....AutoExpress shot....

The Funky Shot where its made up of the parts added to the car.....

And the shot which proves that you can indeed go too low.....

Fact: Steeply dropping driveways are NOT...I repeat NOT very forgiving!! Even better is the fact that the gang of speed humps the next day took umbrage at my o2 sensor and cat and invited my CEL light to its own party on my dash....Happy times!!

Dre
Current Mods | Black 18" Rota Torque Drift Alloys on ZZ5s | Carboninmotion bodykit | BHR Ignition Coil Kit | BHR Flywheel with ACT counterweight | Exedy stage 1 clutch - BL's | K-Sport 356mm Big Brake Kit BL's | Cusco Zero I Coilovers | AEM CAI | RE-Amemiya Super Dolphin with RB MID | Kept on the road by EssexRotary

RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8R3Rod » Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm

hi Dre,

Looks absolutely fabulous, and for me the Paparazzi shot just hunches over the wheels so nicely, it looks like it's about to leap on you!

Thanks for the info on the bumper. And really sorry to see the last shot. Did it slightly crack the bumper where the white mark is on the photo (I do hope not, though if so I guess it's reasonably easily repaired?)? And, if you don't mind my asking, is the bumper carbon (guessing it is by the name) or GRP / FRP? The thing I noticed about the M'Z Custom bumper (which is GRP, I think) is how much harder it is compared to the stock plastic bumper.

A marvellous looking car from my perspective!
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010

DreRX8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by DreRX8 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:19 pm

The lower, thankfully most unseen part of the splitter is looking wrecked on the drivers side....the front bumper itself took a barely visible fracture directly in the front, however the most visible section is what is shown in the picture where the side literally burst out - with some hairline fractures too boot. My CIM bumpers are FRP too....although they do have some parts that are actually made out of carbon.

I'm taking the view that I had managed to catch quite a few stone chips at the front and was going to have to entertain a respray of the front bumper...so all these bits can be rectified at the stage of getting those bits done.....and I can get involved in some sort of clear film guard to protect the it for the next round of motorway stones that want to attack me! LOL!

So will your beauty of an 8 be coming out to play with the other 8's on any of the upcoming track days?.....Spec wise she must be itching for that kind of outing!!

RX8R3Rod
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8R3Rod » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Ah, I'm really sorry to hear that #-o - what a bummer! I have to say that the FRP / GRP type stuff seems like it's going to be a lot brittler than the stock plastic, flexible bumper. It does look absolutely excellent however.

My other half and I have used Paintshield in Peterborough for getting the plastic film on our Mazda's and they do a brilliant job. it's very effective too. On my 192 I did circa 85k miles and only had one chip in the paint on the bumper after all those (mostly motorway) miles. And that was caused by a sizeable lump of metal hitting me on the Aotobahn with my foot nailed to the floor, so at 130mph+.

I don't think it'll be quite so effective on the hard bumpers we have on, but still worth it I reckon.

I have another car control day booked to learn what the suspension and tyres set-up is genuinely capable of, and then I'll definitely be coming out to play with the other 8's. (but only if my mum lets me, of course ...!)

I had hoped to be able to do a track day this weekend, but work got in the way. What I can say is that at around 40mph on a dry (and fairly grippy) surface I had to turn all the electronic stability aids off, apply lock as fast as I could whilst taking my foot off the accelerator completely, then reapplying fast pedal whilst the handbrake was briefly applied in order to get the back end to break away. Failing to do any one of those equalled no oversteer.

And I meant to ask. Are those super-cool looking bare metal brakes you've got easy to keep clean. They look fantastic to me (and for me suit the colour theme of your car so well, too) but I just wondered if you had to spend hours each week with a toothbrush keeping them looking so good?
Aluminium R3 Nov 2010

JDM-Ben
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by JDM-Ben » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Here is few of mine

MEISTER R COILOVERS-ROTA GRID ALLOYS-FALKEN 452 TYRES-GREDDY EXHAUST/REAR STRUT-PG TIPS MONKEY- MAZDASPEED OIL CAP- CARBON BONNET-HKS OIL FILTER-BHR COILS ETC-D2 8POT BBK- RAMAIR CAI-GREDDY RAD CAP-TAKATA HARNESS-RB DECAT-R888 TYRES-EBC BRAKES-POLY WINDOWS-MRP HEATED SCREEN-FULL CAGE

startsomehting
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Nordic Green

Post by startsomehting » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Here's a couple of my Nordic Green 231. Firstly, when I got it home and parked in front of my old Sunlight Silver 192.

And how it stands currently

2004 192 Sunlight Silver - Sold
2005 231 Nordic Green - Stripped
2004 192 Winning Blue - Current Project
Click here for progress

silver8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by silver8 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Where does everyone get there mazdaspeed style front bumpers from?
Racing Beat extras
REV8 EXHAUST
REVi INTAKE KIT
RAM AIR DUCT
LOWERING SPRING SET
ENDLINKS
AIR CONDITIONING CONDENSER & OIL COOLER PROTECTIVE SCREENS

startsomehting
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Nordic Green

Post by startsomehting » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:14 pm

silver8 wrote:Where does everyone get there mazdaspeed style front bumpers from?
I got mine here : http://www.hzaltezza.com/body-kits-1/ma ... 8/ing.html
I was really impressed by the fitment, only the holes for the side repeaters had to be modified a bit. The only other down side is that the top isn't as flush as it could be with the bonnet.
It did take a while to come through in the post though, I expect they are made to order and not sitting around on a shelf.
Hope that helps! :D
2004 192 Sunlight Silver - Sold
2005 231 Nordic Green - Stripped
2004 192 Winning Blue - Current Project
Click here for progress

couper
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by couper » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:55 pm

The rexs anniversary is coming up shortly here's some pics from when I bought her in January 2012.

Through out the year...

I Will have to get some more pics thers lots of things that I don't have on camera. So far I'm really happy with how the car is looking but it's nowhere near complete. Hope you all like the pics.

stu1985
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Evolve
Colour: Phantom Blue

Post by stu1985 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 am

Thats one awesome looking car
Silver 192 bridgeport gone but not forgotten
Now have a phantom blue evolve

Looked after by Silver Fern Performance

Phil Bate
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Phil Bate » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 am

Nice one mate, it's looking good

Phil
Phil's subtle sunlight silver - stronger, faster, with added red bits and stuff
The pimped out Glacier White XE - quintessential British motoring from Jaguar

VelocityVinnie
Former Member
Former Member

Post by VelocityVinnie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 am

I like that picture of Nigel above!!, is he looking for his Jazz??, and forgot hes come in the 8?

Or are you playing some kind of strange version of 'spin the bottle'??

shifty
Former Member
Former Member

Post by shifty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:52 am

Think he,s just forgot what colour car he owns atm "My car is Red no wait silver or was it black im sure I had a black car :? "

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Very funny Vin & Greg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar - GBCC Network Delivery Service
Track Days = 54.5/Sprint Days = 13/Car Limits 4 person = 3/Skid Pan = 1/Go Karting = 1/Cars Driven = 177

http://npt-communications.webs.com < Click > ****GSB III**** - GT86 Track Days = 45

MARKTHOMASBRAND
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MARKTHOMASBRAND » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:09 pm

"98,99,100....coming ready or not" :giggle: .

Regards,Mark.
Mark's : 66 Plate 2017 Honda Civic FK2 Type R Black Edition.

Mandy's : 64 Plate 2014 Mazda MX-5 25th Anniversary,# 971,Soul Red,6 Speed Manual & LSD,17" wheels.

shifty
Former Member
Former Member

Post by shifty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:12 pm

didn't wanna park next to you lot anyway!

VelocityVinnie
Former Member
Former Member

Post by VelocityVinnie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:37 pm

ha, i think this should be put in a caption comp thread

Return to “RX8 Photos and Videos”