R3 Alloy Centre Cap Badges

Useful hints, tips that you think will help other drivers and owners. (No questions)
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

R3 Alloy Centre Cap Badges

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

Hey,

Saw through a selling thread and have noticed on car pics etc., that a lot of people who get their R3 rims refurbed/ painted often don't get the centre caps done due to not wanting the logo painted.

Well, I noticed when I had mine done, that on the R3 rims (not on the S1s) the centre cap logos are actually just clipped on. With a bit of care you can actually unclip them and then have them re-fitted after your alloys have been repainted in a colour of your choosing!

I'll remove my centre caps when I get a chance and take a picture of the back, but if you have a look then you can see the clips.

They are, after a fair few miles, quite fragile but you can always glue them back on after. Below is a pic of my centre caps following the re-fitting of the Mazda logo :thumright:
20151024_181313.jpg
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead

LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
RX8James
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Sparkling Black
Been thanked: 0

Re: R3 Alloy Centre Cap Badges

Post by RX8James »

Lepsons in Gillingham included this when they refurbed mine :)
2008 Sparkling Black R3, Pettit Racing Cat-Back, MRP Coils, Magnecor Leads, NGK Iridiums, Black Powder Coated R3 Wheels
WildMan10
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Crystal White

Re: R3 Alloy Centre Cap Badges

Post by WildMan10 »

I advise anyone taking them off the wheels to heat them with a hair dryer first as that will reduce the risk of them cracking.

Also, if you have to look for replacement centre caps, my later wheels, fitted under warranty at just under 3 years old, had to have centres with a different part number to those on my original wheels after the dealer said the old ones didn't fit.
Ian
Now back to one, a white R3. Gone but not forgotten: 04 Tit Grey 231, 06 Copper Red Evolve (231), 09 VR R3, 10 Aurora Blue R3, 06 Black PZ; RX87 13BREW project car ;-( ; 04 White with Greddy turbo conversion ;-(

Buying a used RX8 turbo is like marrying a stripper.
Beware - older people may be cr@p drivers but they can afford better lawyers

Return to “RX8 Hints and Tips”