Some help with premixing please?

Useful hints, tips that you think will help other drivers and owners. (No questions)
CameronFarrell182
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Velocity Red
Has thanked: 0

Some help with premixing please?

Post by CameronFarrell182 »

Hi all, as a newish owner I'm about to start premixing and I have a couple of quick questions about it that I could use answering. I've done a search or two but can't really find anything other than what oils are best and rough amounts to use. But I was hoping someone could give me a bit more of a detailed guide.
I'm using castrol oowerstroke 2t, but how much should I use. I've been told 125-150ml for a full tank, so would this equate to 70ml for half a tank and 35 for a quarter etc. I usually just put either £20 or £40 at a time in and generally £40 is about half a tank so should I go off of that?
I just don't want to end up putting too much or too little in that's all.
Also, do people park up at the petrol station, put the oil in, and then the fuel. Or vice versa?
Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks!
Cam
DONE:
D585 Coils w Magnecore leads, Grom audio IPod Integrated, red calipers, metallic anthracite alloys w Bridgestone Potenzas, Toyosport cat back, Osram Nightbreaker bulbs.

Running Shell Nitro+ with Castrol Power 1 2T premix. Millers Oils. Looked after by Rotary Revs

Project Thread: http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 04&t=56791
Rob8
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231

Re: Some help with premixing please?

Post by Rob8 »

I use Millers Oils KR 2T 2 Stroke Oil approx 150-170 mil

I add the oil when at the petrol station then fill with V-power or highest rn I can find,

I buy 5ltr then top up small 175ml bottles when needed and keep 2 of those in the car,

Regards
Rob
Sold and not forgot and I will be back Rotary Revs rebuild & Street port also rotary revs coils & competition stage 2 clutch and light weight fly wheel, and to many other mods to mention so its all in the topic below.

http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 04&t=53619
CameronFarrell182
Former Member
Former Member

Thanks rob, I take it the 175ml is with a full tank yes?
DONE:
D585 Coils w Magnecore leads, Grom audio IPod Integrated, red calipers, metallic anthracite alloys w Bridgestone Potenzas, Toyosport cat back, Osram Nightbreaker bulbs.

Running Shell Nitro+ with Castrol Power 1 2T premix. Millers Oils. Looked after by Rotary Revs

Nerdstrike
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Nerdstrike »

You can also dilute your premix per volume. The ratio is very roughly 300:1 at the 175ml dose above, so calculate to match your intended fill. £40 is about 30 liters of 95 RON, so you want 100ml of premix. 96ml if you filled up with Super... A bit one way or the other doesn't matter hugely since premix will dilute and burn ok up to about 50:1 (a whole liter of premix in the tank!), but that will be crazy and smelly as long as your car is lubricating normally as well. Overdoing it in the long term could gunge things up, but a little more or less doesn't matter.

Broadly:
Petrol => premix
10 L => 33 mL
20 L => 66 mL
30 L => 100 mL
40 L => 133 mL
50 L => 166 mL (normal fill)
60 L => 200 mL (running on fumes, gauge below E)
CameronFarrell182
Former Member
Former Member

Thanks a lot guys that's perfect! F***in love this forum haha
DONE:

Tiny
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Tiny »

I use the Castrol Power Racing 2T oil. Makes a difference definetly happier and smoother and you can glug 150ml in easily bottle lasts me about 6 tanks ish.
2001 Mitsubishi Space Runner......Or the Red Bus Of Justice!

I no longer work for Apex and cannot under any circumstances recommend anyone use their services for anything.......ever......
fakedollar
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by fakedollar »

I run 500ml to one tank in the 7, I'll admit it is a tad smelly..
JoeLanger
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by JoeLanger »

any old 2 stoke oil is good. and its not an exact science to measure it out.

too little won't be a problem as they aren't designed for premix and will run fine without
too much would just cause smoking out the back - if it does this then just stop behind so heavy handed!

I heard 100ml per tank - but then again I've never premixed an 8 before so could be wrong
CameronFarrell182
Former Member
Former Member

Think I'm just gonna go with 150ml per tank and see what the differences are and if I'm happy leave it at that. Thank you for all the help. Please share any other tips you have in regards to premixing!
DONE:

Return to “RX8 Hints and Tips”