Ipod Integration and Holder

Useful hints, tips that you think will help other drivers and owners. (No questions)
CLiPPeR
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Strato Blue
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ipod Integration and Holder

Post by CLiPPeR »

Just installed [urlw=http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/h ... Holder.asp]Brodit ipod holder[/urlw] with the [urlw=http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php?cat=1]xcarlink system[/urlw] i purchased from another member here. Xcarlink very easy to install no need to remove head unit just dropped glove box down fully and gained access to rear of radio just feel and you will find the aerial cable the other side of that, nearest driver side, is the multi plug adapter socket. With the lug at the bottom just pushes in. Does take a little bit of fiddling to line it up as it has to go in straight but with a bit of luck got mine in in just a couple of mins.

Ipod cable supplied with xcarlink system simply connects to correct [urlw=http://www.dsldevelopments.com/sitegfx/ ... 840640.jpg]Brodit holder[/urlw] to make it a permanent dock. Charges ipod and steering wheel controls still function as does the ipod jog wheel. Depends where you want the ipod sitting as to which bracket you buy but i like mine here which is the angled bracket think the other just connect to air vent area but not sure.

This is not a cheap holder but the bracket the holder fits to is custom made for you specific make and model of car and is far more professional looking, worth spending that little extra.

Very easy job to do sound quality is superb
2005 RX-8 192ps Strato Blue , Blue Led internal lights and Puddle Lights, XCarlink iPod Interface & Brodit Holder Lowered and Offset Number Plate, Front Main Lockwood Grill, Pics
kerrance76
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Titanium Grey

Re: Ipod Integration and Holder

Post by kerrance76 »

I've had the brodit holder for other cars and can recommend it. Havent bought one for the 8 yet as i didnt like the look of it stretching all along the dash. Is this the one you have?
Kerry

Titanium Grey auto import - gone to a new owner

Use the force Luke
CLiPPeR
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by CLiPPeR »

This one wraps around the console on the passenger side and clips in place. Still a better option than a suction cup on the dash imho ;-)
2005 RX-8 192ps Strato Blue , Blue Led internal lights and Puddle Lights, XCarlink iPod Interface & Brodit Holder Lowered and Offset Number Plate, Front Main Lockwood Grill, Pics
Harty747
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Harty747 »

Is it the top option on the XcarLink website for use in an 8? This looks like the neatest way to integrate an ipod and keep the best combination of functionality.
Bulldog
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Bulldog »

Will this work with an iPhone 4?
It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

More info in my project thread

Worry about your character, not your reputation. Your character is who you are, and your reputation is who people think you are.
kerrance76
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by kerrance76 »

You buy the 2 parts seperate, the clip for the car then the holder for the phone so you just choose the parts you need.
Kerry

Titanium Grey auto import - gone to a new owner

Use the force Luke
Skifledanabit
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Skifledanabit »

Major thread resurrection. Will the Bluetooth ones they are now advertising work on the 8? They don't mention it in the comparability section.

Return to “RX8 Hints and Tips”