R3 bluetooth problem

Useful hints, tips that you think will help other drivers and owners. (No questions)
allantois
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

R3 bluetooth problem

Post by allantois » Sat May 23, 2009 3:49 pm

I have a problem with the Bluetooth on my R3. The dealer is stumped and going to speak to Mazda Technical next week. The system is locked out due to a security code. They tell me they have tried (unsucessfully) to reset it using their computer and disconnnecting the battery

Help please!!

allantois
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Crystal White

Re: R3 bluetooth problem

Post by allantois » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 pm

I have now had this sorted - the car required a new bluetooth module. The dealer has spoken to Mazda technical who didn't know the solution. The dealer has contacted the technical dept in Germany who apparently deals with these issues. As a solution for me, they swapped out the module from their demo car =D> - apparently these modules cost £700 a pop :shock: - so the dealer is not happy.

My phone module was locked when I bought the car - the dealer initially thought it was a 'customer issue' but finally conceded that the security aspect of the module has been activated before they got it. It is possible to lock the bluetooth with a password, which is what appears to have happened prior to delivery. Apparently the bluetooth module is not checked as part of the PDI

It seems Mazda UK do not have an unlock solution - although I have asked the dealer to let me know the outcome to feedback to the forum, if the Germany branch has a solution. The main issue is likely to be buying on the second hand market, where if you don't have the code, you are stuffed.

Moral of the tale: check the bluetooth works when you pick up the car!!!!!

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this saves someone hassle in the future. Mods - please move as required

A

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by GreySilver Beast » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Thank you for your info on this :)
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar - GBCC Network Delivery Service
Track Days = 54.5/Sprint Days = 13/Car Limits 4 person = 3/Skid Pan = 1/Go Karting = 1/Cars Driven = 177

http://npt-communications.webs.com < Click > ****GSB III**** - GT86 Track Days = 45

HypoThermia
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Post by HypoThermia » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Moved to the Hints and Tips section - thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Ian.
(Former Chairman and Membership Secretary)
R3 Aurora Blue Mica - Racing Brake calipers, rotors and steel brake lines - Racing Beat exhaust - TARGA2 sensors - Lockwood grilles - blue LEDs - side and fog light upgrades - window tints - Eibach spacers
And still three gears left...

Number6
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Diamond Grey

Post by Number6 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 am

I think I may have this problem. When you press the voice button, nothing happens. Is that the same as your experience?
Be seeing you.........

tonyG1987
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Post by tonyG1987 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 pm

wow glad mine was working and not locked when i bought it.
Rx8 R3

Return to “RX8 Hints and Tips”