Cure for scratch on silver centre console.

Useful hints, tips that you think will help other drivers and owners. (No questions)
RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Cure for scratch on silver centre console.

Post by RX8Head »

Top tip form turbitoz
turbitoz wrote:Chaps!

I have found a cure for my scratch in the silver centre console that I thought was worth posting.

I had a nasty scracth from someone carrying a hard suitcase in the back seats. The scracth eroded all the paint and all i could see is a line of black in the middle of the silver.

HOWEVER....

I bought a £1.75 silver pen in Wilkinson, it is called UNI Paint marker in silver colour, it is oil based and will paint in all surfaces (it claims)...

Well 5 minutes later the scratch was barely noticeable from close distance, and impossible to tell from 1 meter, only looking with a lantern or illuminating highly the area and knowing where the scratch was could you tell.

OK it is not a perfect professional match but I recon is as close at you can get with a DIY solution as easy and as cheap as this.

I tried a bit with the back of the seats, but that paint is darker and not as brilliant as the centre console so don't use it there.

And by the way, it will hide pretty much all scratches in phones, PDA's or TV sets that have that silver colour plastic finish, maybe not an exact match but quite close I reckon. I tried in my TV and althought the effect is not as good as in the car it solved pretty much the problem.

Hope it helps colleagues.

Cheers from Watford.
Chris :D
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Now rocking an SC VX220 :D .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .
parc77
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Winning Blue
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by parc77 »

Tried this on the centre console and it worked...good tip...althought it was erm..rubbish on the mobile phone :D
RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Post by RX8Head »

I never said it'd work on the mobile phone :lol: .
Chris :D
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Now rocking an SC VX220 :D .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .
obakemono
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Re: Cure for scratch on silver centre console.

Post by obakemono »

Is there a link to this or am i going to have to hydro dip it ?
2006 Rx8 Pz Galaxy Grey- K&n panel filter, Mishimoto oil lines, Rotary Revs D585 coils,Sohn adapter, oem bonnet lifters.
Essex2Visuvesi
Former Member
Former Member

Re: Cure for scratch on silver centre console.

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

I used nail varnish from my stepdaughters collection.... and I challenge anyone to find the scratch :)
Proud Member of the Essex Wankelist Massive
Rusty Nightspring
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Re: RE: Re: Cure for scratch on silver centre console.

Post by Rusty Nightspring »

[Edit] Post removed! I need to start reading threads from the very start.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
"... for I am a stranger in a strange land!"

Return to “RX8 Hints and Tips”