Chat Thread for 2019 Annual Meet & AGM Weekend

Meets organised by the Club (Annual Meet, Annual General Meeting...)
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by GreySilver Beast » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:10 pm

:bump: Time :thumleft:

Events Team & Committee
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar - GBCC & Network Delivery Service
Track Days = 60.5/Sprint Days = 13/Car Limits 4 person = 4/Skid Pan = 1/Go Karting = 1/Cars Driven = 180

http://npt-communications.webs.com < Click > ****GSB III**** - GT86 Track Days = 51

Julian
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Re: Chat Thread for 2019 Annual Meet & AGM Weekend

Post by Julian » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Myself & Diane would travel almost anywhere for the AGM but if its going to cost us in thr region of £700 + fuel etc then I'm afraid we will be giving it a miss,
A disappointed member
Julian
Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is Optional.

Conan
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Conan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Is it possible to produce a heat map of members and mark the locations of the last few agm,s ?
If so it could be very informative and useful for members wishing to contribute to this thread.
Regards
Pete
Events Coordinator. 2014 to 2017

New Duke
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by New Duke » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm sure that would help see who has historically put their money where their mouth is.

I asked Nigel about this topic at a recent event and he explained that the committee have other factors to consider re location. (I realise you'll know all this from experience Pete :thumright: )

The demographic of owners (and probably to a degree members) is shifting to younger owners with less (or no) disposable income and less free time. But can turn up somewhere on a Saturday, for example. So you can have AGMs up North or in the Midlands to be inclusive to the minority of members, but that means you'll get fewer attendees as it instantly becomes a big travel/hotel affair/whole weekend for the majority. Which may be one explanation for low numbers some years. For example I attended the Saturday track day this year, but couldn't justify the cost of the hotel and didn't fancy a second 6 hour drive the next day for the AGM proper.

But have your AGM closer to the bulk of members, promote the event effectively on social media, and there's an argument that you'll get more members who can drive there and home in a day. Have it near a £60 hotel and you'll get a few more do a whole weekend.

We all need to keep in mind that everyone will have to travel regardless. For example even a 'local' AGM in West London would still take me and others in the South East a 4 hour round trip assuming clear roads, which they never are. Going across has just as much impact as going North or South.

For my part I think the committee need to think about what members they want to target and what the aim of the weekend/AGM really is, with the future of the club in mind. Rebranding the AGM weekend as a cheap day/weekend described as an RX8 meet with the formal AGM in the middle could get more attendees. But the current AGM weekends sound really ace, and I wouldn't want to be the one to stop core members and the committee having a well deserved lovely time.

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by ChrisHolmes » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Excellent post Haydn illustrating the dilemma and options faced by the committee.
Certainly cost is a big factor to consider, viz: Julian's post, and I am sure the committee is factoring this potential "negative" into their planning discussions.
Wherever it is and whatever the event is and whatever it costs it will be a minority of the members who attend and have a brilliant weekend. It's an individual's choice of course and I am sure that whatever is ultimately decided upon will appeal to the majority of members but of course if you live in the Highlands or Cornwall or Kent or Lancashire it may seem too far away so that means wherever it is it will be wrong for the majority and that just cannot be avoided.
The above a bit ramble but it's been a long day having fun in the sun at Thruxton so that's my excuse!
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Custom Sat Nav 3 Gauge install
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs F&R
Slotted & Dimpled Discs F&R
Mintex 1144 Pads F&R
Full OE Aero Kit
Revolution Alloy Front Strut Brace
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors
Original engine 86000 smiles (169.7 rwhp) and then it died!
Own build Steet ported engine fitted Feb 2018 and running sweet as nut

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Conan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm
Is it possible to produce a heat map of members and mark the locations of the last few agm,s ?
Brix79 and GSB have researched past locations of Annual Meet/AGM's and the majority of our members who have attended have come from South of the Watford Gap :!:

Yet 11 of the Locations of past AM/AGM's have been North of the Watford Gap and only 4 Locations since 2003 to Present have been South of the Watford Gap :shock:

I think you will all agree it's time to look further South for a change to make it fairer for everyone within the Club =D>

Many thanks for your kind write up Haydn and you summoned it up well =D> =D> =D> =D>

The Events Team & Committee are currently working on next years AM/AGM Location and once the dates have been released by the Track Operators then we will be able to tell you where it will be in 2019 and we do appreciate the inconvenience that this may cause, but we urge you to keep the tail end of February and the whole of March free for this Event :thumleft:

I can assure you that we are taking all the costs onboard and that the £350 that was mentioned within the first post was a rough guide and not to be taken as gossip :roll:

I will give you a breakdown based on how we arrived at that figure :
Friday Double Room £80 est
Saturday Double Room £80 est
Club Member Saturday Dinner £20 est
Sprint Circuit £50 est
Track Circuit £150 est

We are of course looking at cheaper options like Motels instead of pricey Hotels, so please bare with us [-o<

I hope the above is helpful to all of you and that some of you are taking up the Voucher Option that we have given you to help lighten the load when we ask for payment within the Club Shop at the end of the year :thumleft:

Many thanks for your support to your Club :P

Events Team & Committee Team
Track Days = 60.5/Sprint Days = 13/Car Limits 4 person = 4/Skid Pan = 1/Go Karting = 1/Cars Driven = 180

http://npt-communications.webs.com < Click > ****GSB III**** - GT86 Track Days = 51

Chris231
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by Chris231 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Has a location and dates been set yet?
Titanium Grey, bling wheels (set number 6) Now gone but will never be forgotten, sat nav, I-mob tracking, SS Strakes, full set of RB grills, K&N Filter and Borla zorst. Now lowered.

Just ask me where anything is, it will be in the boot!!

Now she's "the reasonably priced car is the star" as driven by Jason Plato on Fifth Gear. :notworthy:

Looked after by Rotaryrevs

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Not yet Christine :roll: as I said above still waiting for the dates to be released from the Track Operators :!:

Events Team

Return to “Club Organised Meets”