For a giggle...

For reviews / technical discussions on the other car.. using the knowledge of others on the forum
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

For a giggle...

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:53 pm

Looking forward to borrowing the New DBX in due course Ranjan :P
GSB-TDU - Committee - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website
GSB III 03/08/13 - Present

ChrisHolmes
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Re: For a giggle...

Post by ChrisHolmes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:27 pm

CLOVERLEAF159 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:51 pm
So by default v-rex now gets to spend a day in the Aston Martin instead Ranjan?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
“Back of the net”

Numerous people now even more cheesed off that they didn’t win the new car for a day.
Bridge Ported 231
Light weight Flywheel
Tein MonoSports with EDFC Active
Racing Beat F&R ARBs
Racing Brake 4 Pot Front Calipers
Racing Brake two piece slotted & drilled discs
LED Rear Lights
LED 3rd Brake light with blink effect
MazdaSpeed skirts
Safety Devices Full cage
Royal Steering wheel
Short shifter
Mishimoto Catch Tank

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by v-rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Whoa Aston have an SUV now ? Man, i leave Mayfair for a few weeks and I'm already out of touch with the latest supercars. I only see white vans at my new job in the city of London... :(

Yes I know that Alfa showroom well, the one just off Portman Square right ? I use to walk past it often on the way to work. Shame you decided against the Stelvio, but sounds like you found a worthy replacement. I literally know zero about the DBX, so will google it now....

P.S. I am not sure what the T&C's were on the competition, I am just glad I guessed right, so happy with whatever happens with this game changer. Just glad you didn't go for a Bentayga or a Cullinan.

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

For a giggle...

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Ranjan already has a Bentley Bentayga in Californian v-rex :twisted:
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post:
v-rex (Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:25 pm)
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:24 pm

GreySilver Beast wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 pm
Ranjan already has a Bentley Bentayga in Californian v-rex :twisted:
Why does this not surprise me ? :D I am not a fan tbh, well the external looks anyway. Never been inside or driven one.

I've seen a few Urus around which look interesting. I wonder which country Ranjan has one of those in.

Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ranjan » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm

v-rex wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 pm
Whoa Aston have an SUV now ? Man, i leave Mayfair for a few weeks and I'm already out of touch with the latest supercars. I only see white vans at my new job in the city of London... :(

Yes I know that Alfa showroom well, the one just off Portman Square right ? I use to walk past it often on the way to work. Shame you decided against the Stelvio, but sounds like you found a worthy replacement. I literally know zero about the DBX, so will google it now....

P.S. I am not sure what the T&C's were on the competition, I am just glad I guessed right, so happy with whatever happens with this game changer. Just glad you didn't go for a Bentayga or a Cullinan.
Hey V-rex (what is your name?), small world; nice to meet a fellow Mayfairite. My daily running route starts and finishes at the Arab National Bank on Curzon street and once I reached the Alfa place at Portman Square, I used to turn back for home. If you ever saw an out-of-breath jogger in a “ShyCat Racing” t-shirt that was me.

I had better honour our agreement as you did win but I will not be getting the car until August 2020 at the earliest they say.

The Bentayga may not be the prettiest thing but it has the most sumptuous interior one could wish for which is essential for the terrible American roads.

Nigel, I tell you much too much stuff… :blahblah:

Ranjan.
These users thanked the author Ranjan for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:51 pm)

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 pm

Ranjan wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm
Nigel's idea of "keeping a secret", is only telling one person at a time :roll: ;)
These users thanked the author warpc0il for the post (total 3):
GreySilver Beast (Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 pm) • CLOVERLEAF159 (Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:58 pm)
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

For a giggle...

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Ranjan you told me you don't have a Rolls Royce Cullinan :( , but have a Phantom instead although if you ever buy a RHD Ghost then can I please borrow it [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Seriously you have a fleet of fantastic cars scattered around the World =D> =D> =D> =D>
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post:
v-rex (Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:38 pm)
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 pm

Ranjan wrote:

Hey V-rex (what is your name?), small world; nice to meet a fellow Mayfairite. My daily running route starts and finishes at the Arab National Bank on Curzon street and once I reached the Alfa place at Portman Square, I used to turn back for home. If you ever saw an out-of-breath jogger in a “ShyCat Racing” t-shirt that was me.

I had better honour our agreement as you did win but I will not be getting the car until August 2020 at the earliest they say.

The Bentayga may not be the prettiest thing but it has the most sumptuous interior one could wish for which is essential for the terrible American roads.

Ranjan.
Sorry, yes, probably should have said, my non covert name is Vinod.

I was actually in Mayfair for 7 years. I worked for a hedge fund, on Farm St, which has the Punchbowl on it. Our office overlooked Mount St Gardens, and the Connaught hotel. Both a great source of cars to ogle, especially in the summer., as you must already know being on Curzon St. I mostly got off at either Bond st, or Green park, but on occasion when the jubilee line was being a pain I'd walk from Baker st, which would lead me past Portman square and the Alfa showroom. I never did see you, as I would have definitely noticed any references to racing. We have a kart endurance team in our champs called "BigCat Racing", so again another reason why you would have triggered an alert on my radar.

I recently moved back to the sell side 6 weeks ago, and although I am in a lovely building with a roof garden overlooking the Thames ( in the Nomura building ), the car scene is just dismal and I am missing that aspect of Mayfair terribly. I did get a good send off and finally got to see a Mclaren Senna ( as discussed in the exotic cars thread) , and the Ferrari showroom opening was just amazing with the cars they had in Berkeley square.

Yes, I've heard that about the Bentayga. It's the interior that makes it. There was usually one parked near the "The Bat" Lambo in the mews, near the Running Footman, so I used to peer inside but that's the closest I got. There was a Cullinan there as well for about a year, again peering inside was the closest I saw to seeing the interior....

P.S. Did you ever see the yellow RX8 that used to grace Curzon st, Half moon st and Clarges st. A rare car around there and a rare colour. I mostly saw it parked up, and on occasion saw it being driven but never managed to flag the driver down to talk to him about it.

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:45 pm

v-rex wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 pm

P.S. Did you ever see the yellow RX8 that used to grace Curzon st, Half moon st and Clarges st. A rare car around there and a rare colour. I mostly saw it parked up, and on occasion saw it being driven but never managed to flag the driver down to talk to him about it.
Class :thumleft:
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ

Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ranjan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:15 am

v-rex wrote:
Ranjan wrote:

I was actually in Mayfair for 7 years. I worked for a hedge fund, on Farm St
Vinod,

Bloody hell this is a small world; my place is right next to the Saudi Embassy about 2 mins walk from Farm Street and the Coach and Horses is one of my local watering holes.

I have never seen a yellow RX8 around these parts; where on earth did he park on Curzon?

If you ever looked out your window towards the Connaught on 25th July 2017 you would have seen 3 red La Ferraris in a line parked outside being guarded by the doorman; mine was the first one to the left of the main entrance. We were inside celebrating my first day of ownership.

I missed H. R. Owen opening up but I heard that they were allowed to use Berkeley Square Gardens for the day to display cars which would have made a good spot for a lunch break for the locals.

Ranjan.

shroom
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by shroom » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:16 am

Ranjan wrote:
v-rex wrote:
Ranjan wrote:

I was actually in Mayfair for 7 years. I worked for a hedge fund, on Farm St
Vinod,

Bloody hell this is a small world; my place is right next to the Saudi Embassy about 2 mins walk from Farm Street and the Coach and Horses is one of my local watering holes.

I have never seen a yellow RX8 around these parts; where on earth did he park on Curzon?

If you ever looked out your window towards the Connaught on 25th July 2017 you would have seen 3 red La Ferraris in a line parked outside being guarded by the doorman; mine was the first one to the left of the main entrance. We were inside celebrating my first day of ownership.

I missed H. R. Owen opening up but I heard that they were allowed to use Berkeley Square Gardens for the day to display cars which would have made a good spot for a lunch break for the locals.

Ranjan.
La Ferrari ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:31 am

Ranjan wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:15 am
[
Vinod,

Ranjan.
Wow, small world indeed. Coach and horses was our local as well, and we were there pretty much all the time before 2015 when I had my first one, but were still regulars after. Our favourite spot was near the beer barrels, in the mews, opposite the green Jag F-type that I've never ever seen move and the back of Annabels ( I always wonder what debauchery goes on there ).

I bet we've seen each other and didn't even realise (Pic attached below in case my face rings a bell... ). We'd often start there, as we needed to be near the office in case the automated trading system called us, but then would usually move on to the market tavern in shepherds market. Just a real shame that I was a lurker on here for so long else we could have easily met up ( A caution for those of you pondering membership [-X ). I'll ping you my contact details by PM, as I am sure to still be there plenty, meeting the guys from the old place, so maybe we could still meet up for a beer or alt beverage?

Sorry, to clarify he drove on Curzon. He was usually parked up the road from Caffe Nero. I was convinced he owned the dry cleaners as it was often directly outside. I saw it loads in the beginning around 2012-14, and then it disappeared but I am sure I saw it earlier this year so it looks like the guys held on to it !! :thumleft:

I find LaFerrari's are like london buses, you wait for ages and then 3 come at once :getmecoat: . I think I remember those, but consulting my google photos I only see a Koennigennigseggsegg Agera RSR which I saw on my way home on 25th July 2017.
Attachments
IMG_20170716_144846.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
Last edited by v-rex on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:51 am

Ranjan wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:15 am

Ranjan.
Polluting the thread now but here are my pics from those few days .... ( Not sure why some pics are rotated, they seem fine on my puter, apologies ).
Attachments
20190711_123239.jpg
20190711_123233.jpg
20190711_122832.jpg
20190711_122830.jpg
20190711_122810.jpg
20190711_122810(0).jpg
20190711_122806.jpg
20190711_122800.jpg
20190711_122758.jpg
20190711_122741.jpg
20190711_122738.jpg
20190711_122729.jpg
20190711_122721.jpg
20190711_122707.jpg
These users thanked the author v-rex for the post:
CLOVERLEAF159 (Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:41 am)

Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ranjan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:41 pm

Vinod,

Looks like I missed a good day – a Monza SP, never seen one in the flesh.

You do look familiar but the Coach was the last place of call after the Shepherds and Market taverns and I was well sloshed by then, so everything was seen through a pleasant haze. There is no debauchery at Annabel’s it is full of oldies with their gin and tonics; you want Rififi’s for high jinks.

Wow, you have your photos well organised; I was parked where that Koenigsegg is parked and we left after lunch followed by a horde of youtubers who had magically appeared.

Might be fun to meet up but I am only back in the UK for Cadwell track day and because of the problems I am having in Hong Kong looks like I will miss the forum Christmas dinner as well. Hong Kong has so far cost me a testing session in Japan, sailing meet in Sydney, Monza track day, Brands Track day, Oulton Track day, Christmas dinner meet, and a mountaineering trip to Mt Rishiri in Japan.

Anyway, leave it with me, will fix a date.

Ranjan.

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:46 pm

The Monza SP was in a case that had a glass that only periodically defogged so you had about 30 seconds to view. Was quite well done and a lovely looking car.

Organised photos have nothing to do with me. Google photos does it all for me in exchange for them farming all my data. I don't like to be one of those guys ( like the youtubers ) that snaps every car, but I do take a shot of the more unusual ones.

Sounds like your pub crawl was in the opposite direction to me but we have probably crossed paths whilst inebriated. Would be good to meet but HK is the way more pressing thing, I understand.

I keep saying I want to come along to more track days and meet yourself and others as well from the club, but once I use up my brownie points for my kart championship calendar, I am not allowed much more time for other racing things....I will endeavour to get to at least one next year.

Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ranjan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:24 am

Vinod,

Abject apologies but I have cancelled my deposit for the DBX as I have now ordered a Ford GT track special and I can explain one to my wife but not two.
I will make it up to you, somehow.

Ranjan.

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:29 am

I was looking forward to borrowing the DBX Ranjan :(
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website

v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:10 am

Oh well. I suppose if I had to lose out it was to a really special car. The track special sounds incredible.

Maybe just buy me a beer at the coach and horses some time ....

Ranjan
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ranjan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 am

v-rex wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:10 am
Oh well. I suppose if I had to lose out it was to a really special car. The track special sounds incredible.

Maybe just buy me a beer at the coach and horses some time ....
That sounds good; but I do owe you something. Leave it with me.

Ranjan.

Return to “The Other Car..”