Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black
Has thanked: 0

Long time lurker - New Owner of R3

Post by dan-rex8 »

Hello all, I'm Dan!

I've been a forum member for around 10 years, never posting just lurking in the shadows. I had a series 1 many moons ago before dabbling with a BMW 1 Series, Jag XE, Merc C300d and finally back to a Sparkling Black 60 plate R3. Obviously I timed this purchase well with the price of Petrol #-o

I'm in Lincolnshire and not seen too many R3's around for a while, they really are a rare breed. Picked mine up from Nick at Enjoyable Cars, who I'm sure you all know well!

I've had the car a little over a month now. Its already got a seicane android headunit, following the posts from others this was a breeze! Apart from the Mic is absolutely useless and i need to get in touch with them!
Also installed new RRP MKII Coils, Magnecor Leads and new Plugs. (MPG was a little low and hoping this will sort).

Now, if anyone's got a passenger side rear light for an R3, that'd be greaaat! Some idiot forgot to put the handbrake on and it rolled back into my friends Van, just after i'd installed essex rotary gaskets! =D>

Hoping to fit a header back system over the summer too, once i've watched enough youtube videos to decide which noise i like the best! :D

Anyhoo, see you all around!
These users thanked the author dan-rex8 for the post:
HarSc (Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:08 pm)
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

Long time lurker - New Owner of R3

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Hi Dan & :welcome: to the RX-8OC :thumleft:

:arrow2: :arrow2: :arrow2: :arrow2: Please update your location here =D>

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's for anything coming up soon in your area :thumleft:

Events Team
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Long time lurker - New Owner of R3

Post by ChrisHolmes »

dan-rex8 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:00 pm
Hello all, I'm Dan!

I've been a forum member for around 10 years, never posting just lurking in the shadows. I had a series 1 many moons ago before dabbling with a BMW 1 Series, Jag XE, Merc C300d and finally back to a Sparkling Black 60 plate R3. Obviously I timed this purchase well with the price of Petrol #-o

I'm in Lincolnshire and not seen too many R3's around for a while, they really are a rare breed. Picked mine up from Nick at Enjoyable Cars, who I'm sure you all know well!

I've had the car a little over a month now. Its already got a seicane android headunit, following the posts from others this was a breeze! Apart from the Mic is absolutely useless and i need to get in touch with them!
Also installed new RRP MKII Coils, Magnecor Leads and new Plugs. (MPG was a little low and hoping this will sort).

Now, if anyone's got a passenger side rear light for an R3, that'd be greaaat! Some idiot forgot to put the handbrake on and it rolled back into my friends Van, just after i'd installed essex rotary gaskets! =D>

Hoping to fit a header back system over the summer too, once i've watched enough youtube videos to decide which noise i like the best! :D

Anyhoo, see you all around!
Nick has a RB cat back and I have an RB dual resonated section for sale. You will have to modify the tail pipes I believe to get it fit the R3, the centre section is a direct fit.
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black
Nickp47
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Nickp47 »

Glad you’re liking the car Dan , I have a NSR tail light (the matching one to the one I replaced on your car when getting it ready :) ) , the aforementioned catback exhaust and some longer hangers for fitting it to an R3 so let me know if any of the above are required . My own R3 has the RB catback so can send some video of it if you would like.
These users thanked the author Nickp47 for the post (total 2):
HarSc (Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:08 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:56 pm)
dan-rex8
Club Member
Club Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by dan-rex8 »

Ah Nick, amazing! I’ll send you a pm and sort it out, looks a right mess at the minute :oops:

Yeah send me a link to a video, I was leaning toward a miltek car back and bhr mid pipe but can be persuaded!
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington »

Hi and :welcome: dan-rex8 :D we've been waiting for you to stop lurking and to start posting :^o ;)
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry: