A chance to introduce yourself...
Stoo
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Galaxy Grey

New owner third time!

Post by Stoo »

Hello everyone I thought I would introduce myself. This is my second RX8 although third time of ownership.

I sold my RX8 around three years ago and bought a Cayman S and great fun it was too, although possibly lacking a bit of soul!

I was more concerned by the 3.4 engine going pop than I ever was in the RX8.

Having sold the Cayman I saw the exact same RX8 I had sold 3 years prior up for sale. I had regretted selling it the minute it left my driveway. It had been through two owners and only 2000 miles in that time so I bought it back.

Hoping to pick all the nice bits I stupidly sold off like OZ wheels and Hagus mirrors at some point.

It's nice to be back behind the wheel of an RX8 I've signed up for membership as the advice here was always invaluable!

Cheers.
These users thanked the author Stoo for the post (total 6):
30405 (Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:51 pm) • nightfire10 (Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:19 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:26 pm) • New Duke (Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:28 pm) • Ainmhidh (Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:45 pm) • casey (Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:45 pm)
Ainmhidh
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

Re: New owner third time!

Post by Ainmhidh »

Hi Stoo - nice to see you back. You should be back to full member permissions now.
Alan (he/him)| 2010 R3 | stock apart from a couple of dings and scrapes! (Black diamond discs, yellow stuff pads, RRP MkII Coils, MSD leads...)
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

New owner third time!

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Hi & :welcome: back to the RX-8OC :thumleft:

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's for anything coming up soon in your area :thumleft:

Events Team
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman
Colour: Crystal White

Post by DrewR3 »

Welcome back. I too was looking for my old PZ i regret selling but though it appears to be on the road still from MOT history, it must have left club ownership and has likely changed hands again as it was a member who appears to be inactive for over 18 months who bought it.

Glad you got your car back though.
Club Chairman

RX-8 2010 R3, Crystal white, 26k miles, Full Mazda Service History

Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs

Previous RX-8 - 2006 '56' S1 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey
Stoo
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by Stoo »

Thanks everyone. DrewR3 how does your R3 compare to your previous PZ? Would you swap back if you could or happier to be in an R3?

I had considered an R3 but didn't want to miss out on my old car and the price was definitely a factor! I can see myself scratching that itch at some point.
OE Aero Kit
D585's
Magnecor leads
NGK plugs
K & N air filter
Eibach springs
Eibach 20mm spacers
EBC discs
Red Stuff pads
SS Strakes
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington »

:welcome: back Stoo. :D
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman
Colour: Crystal White

Post by DrewR3 »

Stoo wrote: โ†‘
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:53 pm
Thanks everyone. DrewR3 how does your R3 compare to your previous PZ? Would you swap back if you could or happier to be in an R3?

I had considered an R3 but didn't want to miss out on my old car and the price was definitely a factor! I can see myself scratching that itch at some point.
Im sure Dan will be along to correct me soon enough with his super sensitivity to car set up........But for me very similar. Both are/were low mileage examples (R3 early 20k and PZ late 20s), As it happens they both have the same tyres on aswell, though different sizes. For semi fast road driving, which is all my R3 will do, they near on feel the same Handling wise and power delivery. I believe both the PZ and R3 wheels are lighter than standard and as i said currently wrapped in the same rubber, as well as rumours ive read of the R3 leaning towards the PZ design of suspension which may explain the similarities. I have never been behind a normal RX8, only my PZ and R3. The main difference is obviously inside sat in the nice recaro seats, slightly modernised dash and on a run the cruise control and bluetooth are helpfull along with a slightly better range. I know under the skin alot of work went into modifications by Mazda in the engine and cooling aspects of the car. I prefer the knowledge of these upgrades from an arguably better reliability point of view but day to day use, the PZ is not far behind the R3. In my opinion anyway ๐Ÿ˜‚
Club Chairman

RX-8 2010 R3, Crystal white, 26k miles, Full Mazda Service History

Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs

Previous RX-8 - 2006 '56' S1 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey