Forum Guest
Forum Guest
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Been thanked: 0

RX8 selling advice

Post by Andy1 »

Hi all,
First time on here and am after a bit of advice from the experts.
Have owned a Mazda RX8 KURO from new since late 2007.
Really toying with the idea of selling on now which in itself is no hard task, but this isn’t your normal RX8.
My car is AS NEW and has only covered 5000 miles. It’s been stored in a heated garage and has never been out in the wet. Can provide photos as no one ever believes it hasn’t been restored of any kind. Obviously don’t want to give it away for silly money but am at a loss as to it’s worth or even where to sell. Hope someone can point us in the right direction.
Andy
Boston Rotary
Forum Trader
Forum Trader
RX-8: 231
Colour: Custom

Re: RX8 selling advice

Post by Boston Rotary »

Hi Andy if it’s still like new then I’d say 7k ish may be more. Autotrader is your best bet.
Bigpete

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BostonRotary
350matt
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by 350matt »

maybe take some photos and bung it up on here ?
These users thanked the author 350matt for the post:
Andy1 (Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:11 pm)
qwakers
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: Turbo
Colour: Nordic Green

Post by qwakers »

350matt wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:08 pm
maybe take some photos and bung it up on here ?
But only after you have joined or paid the selling fee. Asking for values is fine for a guest. Selling requires certain privileges .
DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

Post by DrewR3 »

I would personally hold on for another 5 years. The 6-7k today maybe 16-17k looking at the trends of other cars at the minute. Anybody checkes out the prices of evo 9s, Mk2/3 focus RS, Skylines, S2000 or actually anything japanese these days.
Club Chairman

RX-8 2010 R3, Crystal white, 26k miles, Full Mazda Service History

Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs

Previous RX-8 - 2006 '56' S1 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by 79398 »

DrewR3 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:29 pm
I would personally hold on for another 5 years. The 6-7k today maybe 16-17k looking at the trends of other cars at the minute. Anybody checkes out the prices of evo 9s, Mk2/3 focus RS, Skylines, S2000 or actually anything japanese these days.
Have you any plans for yours? Is it going to be used or are you looking to keep the milage low? Given its condition, just interested which way you are going with it, personally I think they are for using 👍
HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by HarSc »

Honestly, as much as it would be fun to see it sell - I'm with Drew on this one - That's a keeper, at least for a bit longer. If you have the means and ability to keep it and store it for longer, I would do so. The RX-8s in general are getting thin on the ground as time goes on, and a car like yours will only serve to go up in value from here. Those extra few years can work wonders, and you do only have to look at other similar cars to see that holding true.

If you're dead set on selling it - it may well take a while to shift due to it being so niche - it's definitely worth a high price, and i'd likely say around 6-8k but it's hard to put a number on it. Even the best late model R3s have yet to break 10k on the low mileage front (around 15-20k miles though) in the last few years that i've seen - that time will come though i'm sure.
These users thanked the author HarSc for the post:
Boston Rotary (Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:44 pm)
Some guy from oooop north ;) | Harry | Membership Secretary | Media Team

- My Main RX-8 R3 [MHZ 3800] thread here
- My Project Banana [GL04 MXU] thread here
- My Mazda 2 DE daily thread here
- My engine disassembly shenanigans here
Nickp47
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by Nickp47 »

For comparison, I sold a 9k mile 192 in superb condition a couple of weeks ago for £5500.
A Kuro being higher power and limited edition is of course more desirable so I agree that £7-8k is achievable if the condition reflects the ultra low mileage .
These users thanked the author Nickp47 for the post (total 2):
Boston Rotary (Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:44 pm) • Andy1 (Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:46 pm)
HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by HarSc »

Proactive wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 pm
DrewR3 wrote:
Have you any plans for yours? Is it going to be used or are you looking to keep the milage low? Given its condition, just interested which way you are going with it, personally I think they are for using 👍
While I agree that they're for using, if it's only done 5000 miles from new, it's annoyingly almost like it's a shame to add lots to that :lol: :lol: it's much easier to pick up another example and run that to have the fun in, and keep the showroom queen as is, especially since I highly doubt there are many if any at that low mileage apart from Mazda's own fleet, and even then I think theirs have done more!! :shock:

HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by HarSc »

Nickp47 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 pm
For comparison, I sold a 9k mile 192 in superb condition a couple of weeks ago for £5500.
A Kuro being higher power and limited edition is of course more desirable so I agree that £7-8k is achievable if the condition reflects the ultra low mileage .
It's amazing when you think about it... compare it to any sports car or any car for that matter and you'd be hard pressed to find something that dirt cheap for a comparable mileage/condition :-k :-k huh! :lol:

Nickp47
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by Nickp47 »

You’re not wrong !
DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

Post by DrewR3 »

Proactive wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 pm
DrewR3 wrote:
Mine will be used. Ive been out in it today for 60 miles. I havnt touched the Merc in the 2 weekends ive owned the R3. I think the mileage will stay on track with its 1500-2k miles a year though that the previous owner did. Simply because i have no need to use it in the winter in the welsh mountains, full of salt and snow. Will take Sorn it end of Oct until perhaps May. Have 6 months of weekend and show use. And then put the £300 saved in tax over the winter towards some nice toys for the following season. I will perhaps average 300 miles for 6 months a year. It will not be tracked though, will sit at shows polished up instead or track........perhaps i need my PZ back when i find it for track use once i finish my R3 to do list
Club Chairman

Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs

HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by HarSc »

DrewR3 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:02 pm
...once i finish my R3 to do list
Good luck with that :unibrow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I swear I have a list like that, and I get somewhat near the end... More just always seems to magically appear on it and I have no idea how?! :paranoid: :scratch:

DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

Post by DrewR3 »

HarSc wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:15 pm
DrewR3 wrote:

I swear I have a list like that, and I get somewhat near the end... More just always seems to magically appear on it and I have no idea how?! :paranoid: :scratch:
Oh i was just talking about my little mod list to do. Im only doing bolt on little bits so wont be going crazy
Club Chairman

HarSc
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by HarSc »

DrewR3 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:21 pm
HarSc wrote:
DrewR3 wrote:

Oh i was just talking about my little mod list to do. Im only doing bolt on little bits so wont be going crazy
Ahhh ok, fairs =D> and good on you for keeping it simple and meaning you can revert it back :salut:

I just seem to outgrow my list of fixes/mods/tasks to do with mine ha! Paint fixes, cleaning, extra little mods, projects like a DIY illuminated gear knob that I still haven't got round to finishing :roll: [-X maybe it's just a me thing with this list :lol: :lol:

DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman

Post by DrewR3 »

HarSc wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:25 pm
DrewR3 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:21 pm
HarSc wrote:

Ahhh ok, fairs =D> and good on you for keeping it simple and meaning you can revert it back :salut:

I just seem to outgrow my list of fixes/mods/tasks to do with mine ha! Paint fixes, cleaning, extra little mods, projects like a DIY illuminated gear knob that I still haven't got round to finishing :roll: [-X maybe it's just a me thing with this list :lol: :lol:
Yeah enjoy all that 😂 im talking induction, exhaust, brakes amd tyres basically.....
Club Chairman

Andy1
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Been thanked: 0

Post by Andy1 »

Thanks guys, =D>
Following your advice looks like it’s back into the garage for a few more years.
I know it’s sacrilege as these should be driven and I really did mean to , covering about 4500 miles in first six months of ownership , but then along came company cars/vans so it got tucked away for the next 13 years.
As some have said it’s gone too far now to put on loads of miles using it.