Just got an RX8, but it seems broken and my garage dont know hot to fix it.....

A chance to introduce yourself...
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Just got an RX8, but it seems broken and my garage dont know hot to fix it.....

Post by ChrisHolmes »

SprintRX8 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:11 am
Your complaint would be with ECP
As they supplied the Spark Plugs.

If you still have the D585 I’ll get them tested.

Do you still have the old Spark plugs.
Could you post some pictures of them.
Absolutely correct that any claim would be on ECP as the seller of the plugs however in the first instance given the potential value of the claim contacting NGK direct would register the situation with them. This then adds, hopefully, some weight to the subsequent claim submission to ECP who should be informed that that NGK are expecting the plugs back for inspection. It is vital that phone conversation dates, times and person spoken with are recorded and photos, receipts, signatures, name etc: are obtained when items are handed over to another party.
The fact that the plugs were fitted by a professional and not a DIY person should be advised in the written claim as it demonstrates incorrect fitting can be ruled out as a cause.
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black R3
Avatar courtesy of my grandson Cameron
untakenname
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Kuro Black

Re: Just got an RX8, but it seems broken and my garage dont know hot to fix it.....

Post by untakenname »

ECP also sell customer returns as new stock, I got a refund for NGK sparkplugs last year as they had clearly been fitted (crush washer was flat) and marks from tool on the sides but not used.
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member

Post by ChrisHolmes »

untakenname wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:37 pm
ECP also sell customer returns as new stock, I got a refund for NGK sparkplugs last year as they had clearly been fitted (crush washer was flat) and marks from tool on the sides but not used.
When I was in parts factoring we always resold returns, but only if the packaging was “as new” and the contents had been checked by a staff member with experience in the parts being returned. Unfortunately these day I think staff in the larger parts factors wouldn’t know a crushed washer from a new one and it’s the first thing we always checked on returned plugs by comparing to another plug from stock whilst the customer was present.
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black R3
Avatar courtesy of my grandson Cameron
Iantheace
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Iantheace »

Will get pics of the plugs and remove the coils for you to test. Will probably be at the weekend tho, busy with work at the mo!
TheManc
Former Member
Former Member

Post by TheManc »

Iantheace wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 pm
He said that he believed it to be the side seal, but that the history with this particular company is really bad quality rebuilds where they would re-use parts they shouldn't and the amount of warranty issues is probably what lead to them going bust. Apparently the owner of that company has also gone awol.

He expected that the rotors and housings would likely be in poor conditions being that the motor has done 106k miles and had a very likely poor rebuild.

The suggestion was the swap the engine with a low mileage one, or to go to a rebuild company that doesnt charge any extra regardless of engine condition, with the former likely being alot cheaper.

i have sympathy for this guy :-k
made me giggle though as it was well over two years ago when i pointed out that LC rebuilds were "shabby" after mine blowing up with about 15k miles into the thing I got slated for daring to say anything dubious about LC :evil:
These users thanked the author TheManc for the post:
New Duke (Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:58 pm)
New Duke
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by New Duke »

TheManc wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:39 pm
i have sympathy for this guy :-k
made me giggle though as it was well over two years ago when i pointed out that LC rebuilds were "shabby" after mine blowing up with about 15k miles into the thing I got slated for daring to say anything dubious about LC :evil:
As far as I'm concerned the people on here who dismissed any criticism of LC are partially responsible for everyone who's been ripped off. That includes this Club for stopping the conversation after LC was taken to court and lost when there were still cars with recent LC rebuilds being bought and sold.
TheManc
Former Member
Former Member

Post by TheManc »

mine threw a side seal but on strip down done by Ryan Rotary there was dremmel marks accross the iron faces where the porting had been done

I was offered any car from their stock supplied with a fresh rebuild FOC but i declined this offer from Lewis . I could have taken a free car and sold it on but that wasn't what i was after.