Morning all

A chance to introduce yourself...
spb2002
Former Member
Former Member

Morning all

Post by spb2002 »

Hiya, New Forum member here.

Hoping to be a new owner soon, but that will, in part, be up to you guys - i'll be asking advice in the relevant area of the forum (hopefully!) :D

Anyway, Hi everybody! :D :D
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

Morning all

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Hi & :welcome: to the RX-8OC :thumleft:

<<<<<< Please put your Location in your Profile Box, it will help us to know where you are, if required any help in the future :thumright:

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's for anything coming up soon in your area :thumleft:

Events Team
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Re: Morning all

Post by Shagrington »

Hi and :welcome: spb2002. :D It looks like you've had plenty of good advice in your other thread already ... if/when you do get one I have a short list of tips for keeping it healthy and running sweet that I'll post up for you (or just check most of the other 'hello' threads and you'll find them ;) ).

Did you read the Buyers Guide? https://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/v ... 25&t=24047
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
spb2002
Former Member
Former Member

Post by spb2002 »

GreySilver Beast wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:10 pm
Hi & :welcome: to the RX-8OC :thumleft:

<<<<<< Please put your Location in your Profile Box, it will help us to know where you are, if required any help in the future :thumright:

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's for anything coming up soon in your area :thumleft:

Events Team
Hi GS Beast... I've just done that now, thank you! :D
These users thanked the author spb2002 for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:08 pm)
spb2002
Former Member
Former Member

Post by spb2002 »

Shagrington wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 pm
Hi and :welcome: spb2002. :D It looks like you've had plenty of good advice in your other thread already ... if/when you do get one I have a short list of tips for keeping it healthy and running sweet that I'll post up for you (or just check most of the other 'hello' threads and you'll find them ;) ).

Did you read the Buyers Guide? https://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/v ... 25&t=24047
Morning Shagrington, Thank you! I've had a read through the buyers guide... lots to digest there! I think i'll print and revise, lol!
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

If you're into reading then take a look at this thread...
https://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/v ... =6&t=78199
It covers (some of) what you may or may not want to do to the car when you've bought it, or what someone may have already done to a car you're considering buying.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
AaronM1991
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by AaronM1991 »

Welcome mate! When you decide to get yourself one, you wont regret it! awesome motors!
spb2002
Former Member
Former Member

Post by spb2002 »

Cheers folks! i'm definitely getting one (assuming my current car ever sells!)
Rostyghost
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Rostyghost »

Welcome Mr. SPB2002!
You reached probably one of the most friendly and helpful forums in UK in general. (:

Owning an RX-8 is a must at least once in your life. You're heading for some great times if you do your homework right.

What's your current car you're trying to sell?
Current: 2010 Black Abarth 500 Esseesse; Sabelt Seats, EBC Brakes; Ulter stainless steel exhaust; BMC air intake.

Ex: 2004 Velocity Red S1; RRP Coil Pack & MSD Leads, Mishimoto oil catch can & magnetic drain plug, Cobra rear exhaust; Motul 6100 + Motul 710; Autobot Drift figure on the dashboard 8)
spb2002
Former Member
Former Member

Post by spb2002 »

Rostyghost wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:50 am
Welcome Mr. SPB2002!
You reached probably one of the most friendly and helpful forums in UK in general. (:

Owning an RX-8 is a must at least once in your life. You're heading for some great times if you do your homework right.

Cheers Rosty! I can't wait... I've never owned or driven a rear wheel drive car before either, so that's something i'm looking forward to! :D

I'm selling my Mondeo.... Probably asking the high end, tbh.. particularly with it having a minor fault (which i'm looking into fixing as we speak). It'll sell, it's just taking its time I guess. Its this one; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123870560573
spb2002
Former Member
Former Member

Post by spb2002 »

…. and I agree, so far the most friendly and helpful forum by far!!
Rostyghost
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Rostyghost »

spb2002 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 am
Rostyghost wrote:
Welcome Mr. SPB2002!

Cheers Rosty! I can't wait... I've never owned or driven a rear wheel drive car before either, so that's something i'm looking forward to! :D

I'm selling my Mondeo.... Probably asking the high end, tbh.. particularly with it having a minor fault (which i'm looking into fixing as we speak). It'll sell, it's just taking its time I guess. Its this one; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123870560573
Nice and clean pictures, quite fair price for a car that is in good mechanical condition (putting that odd EML aside), it looks like an honest advert to me, so you shouldn't face any major problems selling it. But be ready to drop a few (s)quid :D to sell it, because that's how it usually works. (:

Good luck with the sale. (:
Current: 2010 Black Abarth 500 Esseesse; Sabelt Seats, EBC Brakes; Ulter stainless steel exhaust; BMC air intake.

Ex: 2004 Velocity Red S1; RRP Coil Pack & MSD Leads, Mishimoto oil catch can & magnetic drain plug, Cobra rear exhaust; Motul 6100 + Motul 710; Autobot Drift figure on the dashboard 8)
spb2002
Former Member
Former Member

Post by spb2002 »

Rostyghost wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm
spb2002 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 am
Rostyghost wrote:
Welcome Mr. SPB2002!

Nice and clean pictures, quite fair price for a car that is in good mechanical condition (putting that odd EML aside), it looks like an honest advert to me, so you shouldn't face any major problems selling it. But be ready to drop a few (s)quid :D to sell it, because that's how it usually works. (:

Good luck with the sale. (:

Cheers Bud! I put it a little higher to allow for being knocked down to be fair. I've had a couple of offers but both were silly offers so I've had to decline. Hopefully it'll go soon enough though! :)