Forum Guest
Forum Guest
RX-8: 192
Colour: Aluminium Silver
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Checking In

Post by MattG801 »

Hi guys, thought I would make an account after coming across the site often while doing research for my builds.

I currently own two 192s (blue and silver) in various states of broken, I am trying to get one working this summer and using the other as a track car in the future. I'm really interested in getting hold of an R3 at some point, really keen on the looks and think it would be a good opportunity to get into the high output models.

I daily drive a Renault Twingo 133 which I adore, but I need more power!! Hoping the 8s will be able to quench that thirst!

Looking forward to sharing some progress in the future :)
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Re: Checking In

Post by Shagrington »

Hi and :welcome: MattG801. :D Where in the country are you? There may be local meets or events if you want to come along for a chat :blahblah: or whatever.

Have a good read round, there is a shedload of useful info here (and even more in the members only areas if you join the club - including electronic versions of all the technical and workshop manuals etc) and just ask if you have any questions you can't easily find an answer for. :thumleft:
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

Checking In

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Hi Matt & :welcome: to the RX-8OC :thumleft:

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's :thumleft: - Events Team
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
Ainmhidh
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Ainmhidh »

Hi Matt and Welcome to the club. When / if you get an 8 working, just remember that the peak power is some way up the rev range so don't expect it to break your neck with acceleration under 3k. Use a couple of gears lower and enjoy the way the revs sound!
Alan (he/him)| 2010 R3 | stock apart from a couple of dings and scrapes! (Black diamond discs, yellow stuff pads, RRP MkII Coils, MSD leads...)
Honkytonk
Media Team
Media Team
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Honkytonk »

MattG801 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 pm
Hi guys, thought I would make an account after coming across the site often while doing research for my builds.

I currently own two 192s (blue and silver) in various states of broken, I am trying to get one working this summer and using the other as a track car in the future. I'm really interested in getting hold of an R3 at some point, really keen on the looks and think it would be a good opportunity to get into the high output models.

I daily drive a Renault Twingo 133 which I adore, but I need more power!! Hoping the 8s will be able to quench that thirst!

Looking forward to sharing some progress in the future :)
Have only just come across this, but can I just say the Twingo 133 is a cracking little thing! I test drove one back when it was new and they are a delight. Power is not the be all and end all!
Want to Take Part in the Club YouTube channel? Click Here!

Marvel at the Amazing Technicolour P-Shed Project Thread
And my OEM-only Luton Adonis, the Mighty Vectra!