Potential PZ purchase from Hextable Rotary!

A chance to introduce yourself...
carl355m
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
RX-8: Prospective Buyer

Post by carl355m » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 am

Hi everyone,

We'll after a lot of research I've decided to get myself an RX8 and I particularly fancy getting a pz!
This is where I'd really like some advice....hextable rotary have what seems to be a good example...2006 with 44kmiles and a full service history. The normalised compression results are as follows -
Front rotor - 7.0 7.1 7.0
Rear rotor - 7.3 7.4 7.1

So I guess I have two questions, there's quite a bit of negative feedback about hextable on here and I wondered if anyone has had recent dealings with them as to how true this is? And assuming these compression results are accurate is it a car I should seriously consider?

Thanks,

Carl...

Dazza44
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Winning Blue

Re: Potential PZ purchase from Hextable Rotary!

Post by Dazza44 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:16 am

Hi there and welcome,I've had no dealings with them myself bit there ruputation is not very good unfortunately , and also all the compression tests seem to strangely return in the 7s, of course is upto you and I'm sure others will be along shortly to advise further, personally I wouldn't touch that company,sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Vian
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Vian » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 am

If the compression figures are true, then that's excellent.

Query who did the compression test, and you can always get one done yourself. I got mine from Hextable and it's been excellent, but the reputation is somewhat variable as you rightly say. Don't rule it out, but do some due diligence.
"Don't care if they say we are a dying race, I'd rather be here than any other place"

Shagrington
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: 192

Post by Shagrington » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 am

Hi and :welcome: carl355m. :D If those compression results are genuine, correct and from a very recent compression test then they are indicative of a healthy engine. So in answer to your second question, in that instance yes it would be a car worth pursuing. To answer your first question, however, those test results do appear to be pretty much the same as (identical to?) results we have seen people being given for cars they have bought from Hextable which turned out to be very different to results of compression tests they have subsequently had done themselves. I would advise to proceed with caution and maybe even ask for another test to be done while you watch or, perhaps even better, to ask if you can take it to LC Rotary, who are not far away from Hextable, to have a new test done before you part with any money.

To be fair to Hextable, they have mostly been reported as having been reasonably good with sorting out the issues arising (perhaps by refunding the money paid or arranging engine rebuilds) when they have been found out after selling cars with dubious compression test results, but they shouldn't have been selling cars with questionable records in the first place. [-X Finding out about and getting the issues sorted is the sort of hassle new owners could really do without.

Good luck.
'Grington.
Club Treasurer (and I thought I'd retired)
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler and wheels Silver Stripes

Rotary Potato
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Rotary Potato » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 am

Did their compression tester look like this by any chance?

I've never used them myself. Personally I wouldn't assume it was a bad car just because Hexstable were selling it. However, I'd be highly sceptical and be extra careful when doing my due dilligence because of their reputation for "creative" compression test results.
Huw

2004 Velocity Red 231 - SatNav, parking sensors, sunroof, red/black interior, K&N Typhoon, Toyo backbox, f- :censored: -ked engine - bought Jun 2016 sold Oct 2016
2006 Black PZ - Toyosport decat - SAI delete - 585R coils - K&N air filter - third wash: 10 months into ownership! - purchased Oct 2016

Pensive
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Pensive » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 am

I recently bought a 2006 44k PZ from them.....

Please PM me.

Absolutely you MUST:
1) Get LC Rotary to do an independent compression test, and on-ramp inspection before putting any other money down. SERIOUSLY DO THIS!!!! it’s money well spent.
2) Ask to see the service history before purchase and check it thoroughly. Don’t be fobbed off that it’s “all digital” and that they’ll get it for you. It never appears.

Some (a lot) of what they told me was actually just made up. But they did sort things out once they were forced to, not sure if that’s to their credit or not.

If I were to start over I’d buy a minter with a blown engine and get a premium rebuild with a 2/2.5 year warranty. It’s the best way forward.

Scartlead
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Scartlead » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Pensive wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 am

Please PM me.

Absolutely you MUST:
1) Get LC Rotary to do an independent compression test, and on-ramp inspection before putting any other money down. SERIOUSLY DO THIS!!!! it’s money well spent.
2) Ask to see the service history before purchase and check it thoroughly. Don’t be fobbed off that it’s “all digital” and that they’ll get it for you. It never appears.

Some (a lot) of what they told me was actually just made up. But they did sort things out once they were forced to, not sure if that’s to their credit or not.

If I were to start over I’d buy a minter with a blown engine and get a premium rebuild with a 2/2.5 year warranty. It’s the best way forward.
Sound advise there. Also as noted engine condition was not my first priority when I bought my own , chassis/paint condition was. Engine rebuilds are not mega money in the big scheme of things. Then theres modding, Something you'll probably get very accustomed to on here :)

Dazza44
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Dazza44 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:23 pm

Scartlead wrote:
Pensive wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 am

Please PM me.

Absolutely you MUST:

. Then theres modding, Something you'll probably get very accustomed to on here :)
Along with an emptier wallet

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

acegeezer
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by acegeezer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Nothing to add.. all the above is sound advice :thumleft:
John
R3-2009 "Sparkling Black"
Interior LED's Cree LED's in sidelights Magnecor leads D585 Ignition kit NGK Iridiums Remap
Pettit/Milltek Racing Cat-back & RB Straight thru Race Pipe Tinted Windows Vortis all round
Eibach 20mm Spacers front & rear Fitted DRL's Climair BLACK Wind Deflectors Lockwood grilles

13Black
Forum Trader
Forum Trader
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by 13Black » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Anyone in my area with recently purchased car from Hextable with a compression test provided?

I have research to do, won't cost you a thing.
RX-8 Servicing, Repairs, Modifications, ECU Reflashes, Diagnostics.
Loughborough. Find us on Google Maps or visit the Facebook Page

carl355m
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by carl355m » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:52 pm

First of all I'd like to thanks to everyone for the quick reply's and suggestions!

Given that I live a fair distance away from Hextable I guess I could really live without having to worry about potential problems before I even own the car!

It seems that it would be a good idea for a newbie like myself to consider the purchase of a car with a recent rebuild by a reputable company such as LC Rotary...I notice they have a few cars for sale at the moment...no pz's but I'll give them a call anyway....and as pensive has suggested I'm sure they would be happy to rebuild a pz for me should I be able to locate one in need of some engine tlc!

Thanks again all,

Carl...

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by GreySilver Beast » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Carl & :welcome: to the RX-8OC :thumleft:

Please put your Location here in the Profile Section =D>

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's :thumleft: - Events Team
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator - RX-8OC Club Calendar - TDU Enterprises

Photo's //< Click > ****GreySilver Beast III**** :twisted:

bigpete
Forum Trader
Forum Trader
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by bigpete » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 am

Hi Carl or my mate has this for sale and has owned it from six months old and been a member from day one so very well looked after.
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=75716
Bigpete

Comp testing, parts for sale and fitting service, Servicing
Non runners bought for cash.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BostonRotary

https://www.facebook.com/BostonRotary

carl355m
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by carl355m » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Thanks so much for the suggestion....it does look like a great car but I'm really looking for a PZ.

Cheers,

Carl...

Brimfull
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by Brimfull » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Hello and welcome
2005 231bhp, Winning Blue, Mazda Speed lightened Flywheel, Stage One Clutch, 18inch OZ Prodrive Wheels, Climair Wind Deflectors

Luke M ~ (MRS)
Forum Trader
Forum Trader
RX-8: Evolve
Colour: Copper Red

Post by Luke M ~ (MRS) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:19 pm

I can perform a compression test using a genuine mazda tester if you would like one done infront of you. All results will be explained. Please feel free to contact me for further details.

Luke.
Contact Number - 07415220781.
Based in Guildford, Surrey.

Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/Murdochs-Rotar ... 174826564/

Return to “Hello.. I'm new here..”