A chance to introduce yourself...
Paul_m
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

White 40th anniversary previous owners.

Post by Paul_m » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi I’ve just purchased a white 40th Reg. FG58 KYY any previous owners on here trying to track down spare key and any other information
Cheers Paul.

Shagrington
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Re: White 40th anniversary previous owners.

Post by Shagrington » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi and :welcome: Paul_m :D White 40th - very nice. 8) The number isn't in the list of member's plates, but not everybody adds their number. You can programme a new key for a spare - there is a guide somewhere on the forum (probably in the DIY Guides section).

Have a good read through whatever in the FAQ section you didn't already read :study: and then (and just ignore me if you know all this already) here are my best tips for keeping it all running sweetly:

1. To start up turn the key to position 2, wait for most of the lights on the dash to go out (I watch the airbag light by the glove box), press the clutch to the floor (optional, but reduces drag), turn the key to start and do not touch the throttle until it has started. You can drive off straight away, just keep the revs down for a bit (see #4 below).

2. Never [-X turn off the engine before it has reached at least somewhere towards normal operating temperature (should only take a minute or two, but best to go for a short drive if just swapping cars round on the drive etc). Switching off cold risks flooding, which is a real :censored: with a rotary engine. Mazda recommend rev to 4k and hold it for 8-10 seconds switching off while still revving if you have no option but to switch off cold (it is not necessary to do this in any other circumstance).

3. Check the oil level regularly (use the dipstick - the oil gauge tells you nothing other than that you have or don't have pressure) and top up if necessary with semi synthetic 5w30 (more people are advising to use 10w40 now though) ... small amounts at a time, no more than ½ a litre then check the level again before adding more as you don't want to overfill it.

4. Use all the revs once the engine is nice and warm (keep it below about 4k until the needle on the water temperature gauge is pointing straight up, then give it another 10 minutes for the oil to warm up too before really thrashing it :twisted: ) and hit the beep often. Best acceleration is from 4k revs up - to pull away you really need to rev to 2k - you can let the revs drop after lifting the clutch if you are in traffic, cruising steadily at 3½k revs and changing down to go up hills or accelerate gets you the best mpg ... which still won't be great. ;)

Thanks for joining the club =D> (you will very quickly get the cost of membership back - and then some - with the discounts available. There is a load more info in the members only sections, local meets (or if you can't find one exactly local it is a good excuse for a drive if you come to one a bit further away)and you have a sexy keyring to look forward to. :thumright:
'Grington.
Club Treasurer (and I thought I'd retired)
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler and wheels Silver Stripes

Paul_m
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Paul_m » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Thank you for all your advice it’s much appreciated, is there any meets in Northern Ireland ?

Shagrington
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:29 pm

There was one in July arranged by the Irish Rotary Club coupled with a track day at Kirkistown. A lot of those attending stayed over at warpc0il's place in Groomsport and it looked like a great time was had by all. :thumleft: There are some photos here viewtopic.php?f=165&t=73500&start=25

I'm not aware of any regular meets, but I'm sure warpc0il will advise on that or the likelihood.
'Grington.
Club Treasurer (and I thought I'd retired)
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler and wheels Silver Stripes

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi Paul, whereabouts in NI are you?
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
Essex Rotary remap
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ

SteveTroman
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by SteveTroman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:26 am

Hi Paul, welcome. I'm in Dromore, Down.

GreySilver Beast
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
Colour: Custom

White 40th anniversary previous owners.

Post by GreySilver Beast » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi Paul & :welcome: back to the RX-8OC :P

Please check out the EVENTS SECTION's :thumleft: - Events Team
Nigel - GSB-TDU - Deputy Events Coordinator - RX-8OC Club Calendar

Photo's //< Click > ****GreySilver Beast III**** :twisted:

Delanor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Delanor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm

What is the build number - there were only 400 40th Anniversary cars manufactured.

Del.
1st Brilliant Black 190. 2nd Brilliant Black PZ. 3rd Strato Blue 230. 4th Crystal White 40th Anniversary.
Rotary FX fender grills, Japspeed stainless exhaust, K & N filter, Kinetix slotted & dimpled discs, EBC Red stuff pads, DIY AC Delco D585 coil conversion, Magnecor leads, Stainless front & rear grills, HID main beams, LED tail lights, front side lights/front fogs.

SeeJay
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by SeeJay » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 pm

If you are the registered keeper of a vehicle,you can download this form from the DVLA,fill it in and send it off,and you'll be sent the names & addresses of all the car's previous keepers.

You can then write a letter to each,saying you're the new owner of the car,and ask if they can help out with any documentation,old MOT's,even missing keys,etc. they may still have.

I've done this for several of my cars,including my R3,and whilst most previous owners haven't responded - and it's always a possibility that they may have changed address since owning the car,remember - those that have,have variously supplied the odd MOT certificate,garage receipt and,in the case of my R3,the first private lady owner was able to forward me the original bill of sale from the supplying dealer :thumleft: as well as informing me in a lovely email,that the car spent the first six months of it's life as the dealer's demonstrator..

I've also always included an SAE with my enquiry letters,to try and encourage a response ;)
2008 Sparkling Black R3 Japspeed Sportcat & Toyo Catback Drilled/Grooved Front Discs Simota Induction Kit D585 Coils Braided S/S lines Polished Engine Bay DRL's 2011 Spec Gearbox LED Side & fogs Calibre GT-R rims Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 19 Nissan GTR spoiler RacingBeat ARB's Eibach Pro-Kit Springs BHR motor mounts Amemiya Grille CL RC5 pads

untakenname
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by untakenname » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Unfortunately it seems that the law was changed last month and the DVLA no longer allow requests for the previous owners :(
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1700543

SeeJay
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by SeeJay » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:50 pm

:( That's a shame.

I used 'researching car's history' as the reason when I submitted the form..
2008 Sparkling Black R3 Japspeed Sportcat & Toyo Catback Drilled/Grooved Front Discs Simota Induction Kit D585 Coils Braided S/S lines Polished Engine Bay DRL's 2011 Spec Gearbox LED Side & fogs Calibre GT-R rims Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 19 Nissan GTR spoiler RacingBeat ARB's Eibach Pro-Kit Springs BHR motor mounts Amemiya Grille CL RC5 pads

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:51 pm

"Reasonable Cause" is required for request details of the current owner.

As the current owner, applying for details of previous owners, this rule doesn't apply.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
Essex Rotary remap
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ

Return to “Hello.. I'm new here..”