Stop it!

Details of any aftermarket goods for the RX8.
Remember that this may invalidate the warranty. - The club takes no responsibility at all for any aftermarket additions to the car.
SeeJay
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Re: Stop it!

Post by SeeJay » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:34 pm

warpc0il wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm
A thin wipe of CeraTec on the back of the pads, end clips and slide pins, should stop that squeal..
Thanks to Nick(13Black),everything is already Cera Tec'd ;) ..the squeal is just natural for sintered metal pads..
These users thanked the author SeeJay for the post:
13Black (Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:35 am)
2008 Sparkling Black R3 Japspeed Sportcat & Toyo Catback Drilled/grooved discs Simota Induction Kit D585 Coils Braided S/S lines Polished Engine Bay DRL's 2011 Spec Gearbox LED Side & fogs Calibre GT-R rims Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 19 Nissan GTR spoiler RacingBeat ARB's Tein coilovers BHR motor mounts Amemiya Grille CL RC5 pads

Humane-Hobgoblin
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 13B 4-port
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Humane-Hobgoblin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 am

Shagrington, how much (roughly) did that set you back? Black Diamond rotors look pretty nice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Copper Red

Post by mrspiller » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 am

I’ve used black diamond grooved and drilled discs on my track car , they lasted 2 years and have now developed fine cracks which have started around the drilled areas , many people have advised that the drilled areas are always a weak point and to just go with dimpled and grooved rather than drilled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author mrspiller for the post:
Humane-Hobgoblin (Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:39 pm)

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm

Humane-Hobgoblin wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 am
Shagrington, how much (roughly) did that set you back? Black Diamond rotors look pretty nice...
I got them from and had them fitted by Aston at Essex Rotary 2 years ago. At that time front disks were £222, rear disks £210, Hawk Performance (substituted for Street racer) pads £204, Racing Brake Braided Lines £115 plus a bit for Dot 5.1 brake fluid and Aston's labour - it took him about 3.5 hours to do.

I don't have any cracks around the drilled areas (as far as I can see), but I think I'm quite easy on the brakes and I would probably choose grooved and dimpled if I were to do it all again, just in case. I can say, if I need it to, the car stops/slows down a lot quicker than it used to and since I've had this set up I completely lost the brake squeal I always had before at low speeds like coming up to traffic lights etc ... and they do look good (but the hubs do need painting black now as the original black colour of the disks is long gone).
These users thanked the author Shagrington for the post:
Humane-Hobgoblin (Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 pm)
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

Return to “Aftermarket”