Body kit options for my 8

Details of any aftermarket goods for the RX8.
Remember that this may invalidate the warranty. - The club takes no responsibility at all for any aftermarket additions to the car.

Which body kit should I get

Poll ended at Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:00 am

Knight Sports with Mazdaspeed wing
47%
Feed nose , Fabulous side skirts and Mazda Speed wing
32%
Neither, all though any votes for this will be ignored
21%

Total votes: 19

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Body kit options for my 8

Post by RX8Head » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:00 am

Ok guys and girls he's my 8 at the moment :D ,

But I've been thinking/talking of getting a body kit for my 8 for a while now and after lots of looking on the web I've have narrowed it down to a couple so here goes and before any one says go for the Mazdaspeed kit I want something a bit different but do love the Mazdaspeed wing hence I'm going for it :wink: .

First one the Knight Sports type 2 nose & side skirts and Mazda rear under deflectors with a Mazdaspeed rear wing see pic below (just not got the Mazdaspeed wing on it).

Second one would be the Feed nose and Fabulous side skirts and again the Mazda rear under deflectors and Mazdaspeed rear wing see pics below.
Don't worry about the graphics I'm not planning on going for those :sick: .

So I've set up a poll as to which you guys and girls think would look best on my titanium grey 8 and welcome any comments although I will probable take no notice of what anyone says or thinks :twisted: .
I've was looking at getting the body kit bits from here and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them or has any other ideas as to where to get the parts from.
I will also be looking at getting a body shop to fit these parts so if anyone knows of any good ones around my way could they let me know.
I know there a few people on the forum who have had body kits fitted to their 8's and at least one person with the feed body kit so any help from you guys as to where to get parts etc would be great :notworthy: .

Cheers
Chris
Chris :D
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Now rocking an SC VX220 :D .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:24 am

Dave didn't your mum tell you if you can't say anything useful then don't say anything ](*,) .
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .

Lexx
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lexx » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:36 am

Have you met dave??? :lol:

I really like the Feed front nose, and was gunna get it myself if Id have kept the 8. Dont like the MazdaSpeed under deflector though. Not sure what I do like, although Abflung make a HUGE diffuser!

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Yep I've meet Dave and know all about his dislike for anything shiny or aftermarket :banghead: .

sh@z
Former Member
Former Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by sh@z » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:13 pm

I want to be the only one with the Feed kit!!!!!!!! :P
:: Brilliant Black High Power :: FEED Front Bumper :: FEED Side Skirts :: Ings+1 Rear Side Diffusers :: Advan Model T5 19x9 ::
:: Mazdaspeed CAI :: TEIN Superstreet Coilovers :: TEIN EDFC :: Dension iPod integration ::

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:29 pm

I voted 'neither' just to see if you really can ignore me and say nothing. :unibrow: :lol:
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

SeanP
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Diamond Grey

Post by SeanP » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:43 pm

Out of those two, the Knight is probably my favourite; though the wing's a bit raucous.

I think the Feed nose is a bit Barry-boy Saxo-ish ;-) [-X
R3, Diamond Grey = :twisted: HUGE smiles :twisted:
RoSPA & IAM (NO) Advanced Driving Tutor; Safe+Systematic+Smooth+Sparkle=FUN! Hayward rebuild@45K(s)miles, 17.5 MPG.
🏁Green Hell :D, Spa :D, AutoSolos 10+, Donnington, Oulton, Blyton, Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x3, NorthWeald x5, Bedford SW. (Vids, Pics)🏁;
Never forget (28/08/09): 231, Titanium Grey, Leather.

Lee_s.e.c
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Lee_s.e.c » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:14 pm

first one definatly

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:38 pm

seanp wrote:Out of those two, the Knight is probably my favourite; though the wing's a bit raucous.
Not going for the Knight Sports rear wing it'll be a Mazdaspeed wing with which ever kit I end up getting.

design_man
Former Member
Former Member

Post by design_man » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:13 pm

seanp wrote:Out of those two, the Knight is probably my favourite; though the wing's a bit raucous.

I think the Feed nose is a bit Barry-boy Saxo-ish ;-) [-X
I have to agree with this.

Think the Knight sports looks much better.

But as i just wrote in another post:

"my personal opinion is styling e.t.c is all down to being individual - but should definately be done - but done with style

personally I like the kit - but when thinking of styling you shouldn't care what I think, or the others (no offense to anyone intended) - as its YOU who will have to walk out to the car every day and you want that walk to be a proud one.

3 other pieces of advice though:

1. aero dynamics ??- e.g. Mazdaspeed was windtunnel tested (but that would only spark more debate)
2. I would consider photoshoppin the kit onto your car first (and yes i can help with this.
3. Most importantly - if you are having to much hesitation and dont really know - then don't go for it. Go for a kit that you look at and immediatly think - hell yes where do i sign. "

As for Japan parts I havn't heard any feedback - all I know is prices are quoted pre-vat, pre-duty, pre-shipping, and sometimes pre-painting. These all soon add up.

I have got all my parts (listed below) from twwhiteandsons - great service, great price and great Mazdaspeed Kit - not that Im being biased :wink:
SUPERCHARGED Type-S in Strato, HKS F-Con IS, PWR Charge Cooler with Rad, Racing Beat Air Filter with RAM, HKS Legamax Exhaust, EBC Red Stuff.

I am Spartacus!
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by I am Spartacus! » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:39 pm

knightsports kit is great :)

However I think that the kit below is one of the nicest

also look at the INGs kit :)

for ideas nose at

www.trojansport.com
www.japanparts.com

one of my other favourites is the BN kit, really a good drift look....oh and the vertex kit :lol: :lol: ok I am no help at all :lol:

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:37 pm

I looked at the INGs kit and not over sold on it :? , not really after a dift look, just something a bit different 8) . Been looking on the Japanpart site quite a bit :study: that's where I first saw the Knigt Sports kit I've also got a copy of Hyper Rev RX-8 No.3 which is where I saw the pics of the feed kit, before looking on the Japanpart site again.

Cheers for everyones veiw more the merry :blahblah: still looking for somewhere to get the bits from and have them fitted so if you one knows of anywhere let me know :wink: .
Cheers
Chris :wink: .

Critters
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Critters » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:50 pm

There is a wide body kit by KS (I think, or RMagic) which looks quite good IMO, but I have not seen it in the flesh.
My sites n stuff
Car Black 230, K&N Typhoon, BORLA exhaust, ice-link iPod kit, Lockwood grilles, Pilot Sports, chrome strakes, tints
HT Panasonic PTAE2000, 92" GreywolfII, Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio Radius 180's

I am Spartacus!
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by I am Spartacus! » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 pm

It's R-magic with the wide body kit :)

You can see it on TRC tuning, and there is an 8 in Spain which has the kit fitted and is finished in matt black 8)

Critters
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Critters » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:25 pm

Yes, that matt black one is sweet, was in my bookmarks:
http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=83058
My sites n stuff
Car Black 230, K&N Typhoon, BORLA exhaust, ice-link iPod kit, Lockwood grilles, Pilot Sports, chrome strakes, tints
HT Panasonic PTAE2000, 92" GreywolfII, Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio Radius 180's

Tekken
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Tekken » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:27 am

Knight speed mate, if you go for option two, your car will just look too like mine with a different front, which I don't want!!! :twisted:

Though I have to say I just love my rear bumper and diffuser, it is ABFlug.
WilLiAm Ju
Live Life To The Max, Drive The Car To the Max
WB HP Turbo with Sunroof, Custom Blue/Black Interior, LSD Front Doors, Fully Modified Exterior, Greddy Titanium Exhaust, Adjustable TEIN Suspensions, Tinted Windows, Custom ICE, Gun Metal Alloys

DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by DogsnutsEA » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:49 am

Chris...

KS front nose is nice... I don't like the Feed one but that is just my opinion. Also don't like the Fabulous front nose in the last pic...

Personally, I like the Abflug side skirts and rear diffuser...
Stick with the MS wing though :wink:

From looking at japanparts, the only front noses I like are the MS one and the KS one... The abflug isn't bad as its very different but could just be an over aggressive look for the car.

Choice is yours but don't be afraid of mixing and matching bits and bobs :wink:
Also just because Tekken has it doesn't mean you can't :wink: :lol:
(I would do it just to annoy him a little... :lol: )
James (Former Club Tart (now owned by Hypothermia)/Annual Show 'n' Shine Winner 2006/Prodrive AutoTest Champ 2007)

MazdaSpeed 230 Strato with Grey Trim, DoB 22-03-06. Borla Exhaust, GunMetal Grey Strakes, Chrome MazdaSpeed Badges, Black MazdaSpeed Rear Brake-light Decal, Rear Parking Sensors, Leather Handbrake, Leather Front/Rear Console Lids, Illuminated Gearknob, RED Interior LEDs, RED LED Puddle Lights, LED Sidelights, Xenon Fog Lights. Now with MazdaSpeed GunMetal Grey Alloys.

Ash
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Ash » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:15 am

Just get the MS full kit and be done with it :P
2007 RX-8 231PS, BB, RnB INTERIOR, SATNAV, RED ILLUMINATED GEAR KNOB, PIANO BLACK INTERIOR, FULL MAZDA SPEED KIT, MAZDA LOWERING KIT, BLACK POWDER COATED OEM WHEELS
1991 Honda CR-X siR
1993 Honda Prelude H22A SOLD
2005 Lexus IS200 SOLD

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Tekken wrote:Knight speed mate, if you go for option two, your car will just look too like mine with a different front, which I don't want!!!
What was the fit of the Fabulous side skirts like William, might yet go for them with the knight sports front nose :-k .
DogsnutsEA wrote: Also don't like the Fabulous front nose
Stick with the MS wing though :wink:
Don't like the Fabulous front nose either James it looks even worse from the front view :puke: .
Which ever kit I go for I'll be going for the MazdaSpeed wing as I don't think any of the others are as cool :wink: .
Ash wrote:Just get the MS full kit and be done with it :P
Guess someone had to say go for the MazdaSpeed kit even though I said at then start I wouldn't be going for it ](*,) .

Tekken
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Tekken » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:36 am

The side skirt fits pefectly mate. You can either just stick it on and screwed it on at both end or bond it on like I did. Either way, no gap in between, no problems to fit, quality piece of kit, the Mazda dealer I got the car from painted and fitted it for me, that tells you how easy it is. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WilLiAm Ju
Live Life To The Max, Drive The Car To the Max
WB HP Turbo with Sunroof, Custom Blue/Black Interior, LSD Front Doors, Fully Modified Exterior, Greddy Titanium Exhaust, Adjustable TEIN Suspensions, Tinted Windows, Custom ICE, Gun Metal Alloys

Ash
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Ash » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:37 am

Are these kits fibreglass? If they are I would think twice about the front bumper. They are more prone to stone chips then the OEM/MS bumper, and everyone know how bad these get!

The other thing to worry about is speed humps and slight knocks. I know all to well as I have a fibreglass Mugen kit on my CRX.

Ash
2007 RX-8 231PS, BB, RnB INTERIOR, SATNAV, RED ILLUMINATED GEAR KNOB, PIANO BLACK INTERIOR, FULL MAZDA SPEED KIT, MAZDA LOWERING KIT, BLACK POWDER COATED OEM WHEELS
1991 Honda CR-X siR
1993 Honda Prelude H22A SOLD
2005 Lexus IS200 SOLD

countzero
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by countzero » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 pm

R magic do a mean front spoiler

Never send a ferret to do a weasel's job.
Still zoom-zooming
Winning Blue 231 - with a few extras
www.wessexcarclub.com

DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member

Post by DogsnutsEA » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:04 am

By the looks of things that front nose also has a place to put the toeing eye should you need it... :wink:

I don't have that luxury. :? :lol:
James (Former Club Tart (now owned by Hypothermia)/Annual Show 'n' Shine Winner 2006/Prodrive AutoTest Champ 2007)

MazdaSpeed 230 Strato with Grey Trim, DoB 22-03-06. Borla Exhaust, GunMetal Grey Strakes, Chrome MazdaSpeed Badges, Black MazdaSpeed Rear Brake-light Decal, Rear Parking Sensors, Leather Handbrake, Leather Front/Rear Console Lids, Illuminated Gearknob, RED Interior LEDs, RED LED Puddle Lights, LED Sidelights, Xenon Fog Lights. Now with MazdaSpeed GunMetal Grey Alloys.

design_man
Former Member
Former Member

Post by design_man » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:41 pm

thats because you drive to slow to have any accidents! :wink:
SUPERCHARGED Type-S in Strato, HKS F-Con IS, PWR Charge Cooler with Rad, Racing Beat Air Filter with RAM, HKS Legamax Exhaust, EBC Red Stuff.

DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member

Post by DogsnutsEA » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 pm

PMSL...

I'm not going to add to that or say anymore... :D

Return to “Aftermarket”