Thinking of getting some new shoes.....

Details of any aftermarket goods for the RX8.
Remember that this may invalidate the warranty. - The club takes no responsibility at all for any aftermarket additions to the car.
BIG RX8
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Winning Blue
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thinking of getting some new shoes.....

Post by BIG RX8 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:28 pm

evening all,

We are thinking of getting the rex some new wheels (some black 5 spoke ones with the diagonally 50% split chrome flash on each spoke) the guys at RTEC in St Albans tried to say that I should be getting different width wheels for the front and back. I told them that currently they are the same width and thought it best to keep them the same going forward. I also specified potenza re050's (and am awaiting a quote atm).
Please can someone advise me, was I right in sticking with the same width front and back or would it handle better with wider real wheels? also has anyone else got black wheels (or majority black) on a winning blue?

Cheers for any advice :D
White Evo X 300 SST with a few little mods.... EX WB 231, Leather, M.S. Rear Spoiler, Full aeros, Chrome Strakes, crest & cap, Tints, Carbon B Pillar, Mirrors & Eyebrows, Borla, K&N, Racing Beat lightened flywheel & revi ram cai, Yellow Callipers, short shifter, custom super cat, F & R grills, 3/4 "BIG RX8" plate, PIAA Led side & Fogs, Ultralite Atec II's

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Everything I've read on here says same width front and back is definitely best on the RX-8. :thumleft: Black wheel on a blue would look good I think (for what its worth). :lol:
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Post by RX8Head » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:47 pm

:whathesaid: Although black on blue wouldn't look as good as black on grey (now who has that :-k ) :lol: .
Last edited by RX8Head on Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris :D
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Now rocking an SC VX220 :D .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .

Critters
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Critters » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:01 pm

When you say width are you talking radius or depth? Radius should be the same or the DSC will throw a fit.. Depth I am not so sure... Tekken has deeper tires, not sure if they are just on the back or all round. I am sure he will be on any second now to say :)
My sites n stuff
Car Black 230, K&N Typhoon, BORLA exhaust, ice-link iPod kit, Lockwood grilles, Pilot Sports, chrome strakes, tints
HT Panasonic PTAE2000, 92" GreywolfII, Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio Radius 180's

Nice But
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Nice But » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:02 pm

Do it......... :lol: you know it makes sense.

Tim
MX5 2.0 Launch Edition 2005 - Velocity Red with Eibach boingies.Racing Beat Zorst - not quite an 8 but lots of fun still.
Ex 231hp true blue, Winning Blue 56 plate Sadly missed

http://www.2into.co.uk

BIG RX8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by BIG RX8 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:07 pm

Thanks for the comments guys :)

mmmm...... nice.... im liking the look of those on your WB Nicebut, very tidy indeed. =D>

we just fancy a change too. (even tho we have only had the car 3 months and done a few ammendments to the car already :D ) I personally think that different wheels should really make a difference.
The only thing we are waiting on is how much they try and charge for the re050's. Ive read on here somewhere that £130 per tyre is the going rate is that correct?
White Evo X 300 SST with a few little mods.... EX WB 231, Leather, M.S. Rear Spoiler, Full aeros, Chrome Strakes, crest & cap, Tints, Carbon B Pillar, Mirrors & Eyebrows, Borla, K&N, Racing Beat lightened flywheel & revi ram cai, Yellow Callipers, short shifter, custom super cat, F & R grills, 3/4 "BIG RX8" plate, PIAA Led side & Fogs, Ultralite Atec II's

Nice But
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Nice But » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:22 pm

Sounds about right to me......... I still have my stock wheels and was keeping them for track wheels, but after last weeks Prodrive on Toyo's I'm sticking with those from now on..... much less road noise and superb wet grip a bit cheaper as well.

Go with what you feel though, thanks for the comment on mine, I do like dark wheels on WB they offset a very bright colour....... those are refinished in Smoke chrome, Chris (RX8head) has his done in anthricite, they to look very nice on SS........

Whichever way you go Pictures are compulsory....... stock wheels are 18 x 7 I think, oversize width probably won't upset anything, just watch the offset....... I was thinking of Ultralite Atec II in graphite.... but am sticking with mine and selling the spares.......

Tim
Attachments
Ultralite ATAC II.gif
Ultralite ATAC II.gif (75.46 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Tim
MX5 2.0 Launch Edition 2005 - Velocity Red with Eibach boingies.Racing Beat Zorst - not quite an 8 but lots of fun still.
Ex 231hp true blue, Winning Blue 56 plate Sadly missed

http://www.2into.co.uk

Return to “Aftermarket”