Replacement parts, where to buy, what to buy and why to buy

Area for car DIY ideas and how-to's - NOT questions.
Fitting strakes, taking the bumper off, or changing exhaust...
PaulAV
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Replacement parts, where to buy, what to buy and why to buy

Post by PaulAV »

It seems there are a lot of people working on their own cars, with this in mind I thought it would be a good idea to list some suppliers of parts that people may not be aware of.
So first on my list for cheap OEM parts is JDM planet, I have purchased OEM engine mounts from them, the service isn't the best(4 weeks and message to PayPal to get them shipped) however the price at just over £200 for the pair is just too cheap to be ignored, the same can be said for the steering column universal joint that comes in at just over £60, these prices are approximate as they are based in Japan, however this is delivered.
Next on my list is nengun, who are also in Japan, they have comprehensive part lists and hold stock of some difficult to get hold of items, like differential bearings, seals and crushable spacer.
Next on my list is AutoDoc who I believe are based in Germany and hold some seals, bearings, hubs and bushes(anti roll bar for instance) also good quality drop links(not like the euro car parts ones that develop wear inside a year)
Last on the list for today is Jp4mance for the cheapest legitimate spark plugs I have seen, at just over £80 for the set.
Feel free to add to the list or offer alternatives, this is just my experience and I have no affiliation to any of these companies.
These users thanked the author PaulAV for the post (total 3):
warpc0il (Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:27 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm) • New Duke (Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:10 pm)
Led side lights, purple Led interior & puddle lights, pz grills, Ryan rotary performance coils, sump, engine mounts & sohn, HME engine rebuild at 50k, RRP exhaust & high flow cat, racing beat revi intake including scoop, quick shifter, alloy filler cap, pz alloys, suspension, mazdaspeed spoiler, japspeed toe arms & hardrace camber arms, RRP custom remap
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Re: Replacement parts, where to buy, what to buy and why to buy

Post by warpc0il »

It would also help if you made those supplier names click-able links to their sites
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
PaulAV
Club Member
Club Member

Post by PaulAV »

Good idea, this is what I've got.
https://www.nengun.com/
https://jdm-planet.com/
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271001439967 ... media=COPY
Autodoc is a little more difficult as I have the app and I can't copy the link
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255138016113 ... media=COPY
I used these to replace my ssv and vdi solenoids
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192651322754 ... media=COPY
I used these along with 6mm button head bolts to secure the under tray along the front bumper edge
Last edited by PaulAV on Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author PaulAV for the post:
YORKSHIRE777 (Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm)
Led side lights, purple Led interior & puddle lights, pz grills, Ryan rotary performance coils, sump, engine mounts & sohn, HME engine rebuild at 50k, RRP exhaust & high flow cat, racing beat revi intake including scoop, quick shifter, alloy filler cap, pz alloys, suspension, mazdaspeed spoiler, japspeed toe arms & hardrace camber arms, RRP custom remap
DrewR3
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

Post by DrewR3 »

RHDjapan i always use. They have many RX8 parts and are based in Japan. Also do an owners discount when you talk to the UK rep based there on email. Ive had loads of Genuine Mugen parts for my hondas over years from there and great service and catalogue. Good prices too.
These users thanked the author DrewR3 for the post (total 3):
PaulAV (Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:30 pm) • Leck3000 (Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:42 am) • YORKSHIRE777 (Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:37 pm)
Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs, TDI Tune box, De-Chrome Show 2010 RX8 R3, Crystal white, 23k miles, Full Mazda Service History, Borla Exhaust
Sadly Gone - 2006 '56' Rx8 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey
Leck3000
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Leck3000 »

DrewR3 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:24 pm
RHDjapan i always use. They have many RX8 parts and are based in Japan. Also do an owners discount when you talk to the UK rep based there on email. Ive had loads of Genuine Mugen parts for my hondas over years from there and great service and catalogue. Good prices too.
Yeah I absolutely second RHDJapan https://www.rhdjapan.com

Recently got my Cusco strut bars from them, great price, shipping was reasonable and 2 day shipment (almost overnight parts from Japan ;) )

Almost 2k listed parts albeit about 300 are spoilers :thumleft:
PaulAV
Club Member
Club Member

Post by PaulAV »

£526 for a new housing, that's a good price, irons are cheaper still
YORKSHIRE777
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by YORKSHIRE777 »

DrewR3 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:24 pm
Yes I've used RHDjapan before when I had the gt four ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
DrewR3
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by DrewR3 »

https://www.rhdjapan.com/blitz-damper-z ... -se3p.html

Nearl half price Blitz suspension coilovers
Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs, TDI Tune box, De-Chrome Show 2010 RX8 R3, Crystal white, 23k miles, Full Mazda Service History, Borla Exhaust
rx8hunter
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by rx8hunter »

This is a good thread - especially when values of the cars are pretty low 😬 I'll have to take a look at my costs spreadsheet so far to check where I've been getting everything from as it is a good old mix - one highlight was getting a full set of Mintex brake pads for £37.46 from the Arnold Clark eBay store (they have gone up a bit now but still a decent price imo): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265431940532 ... media=COPY and https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265432332465 ... media=COPY
These users thanked the author rx8hunter for the post:
PaulAV (Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:34 pm)
Dan & Charlotte

RX-8 PZ: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=85661
Daily (Alfa MiTo): viewtopic.php?f=36&t=85722
rx8hunter
Club Member
Club Member

Post by rx8hunter »

Another one I should have mentioned - Hitachi coils from AutoDoc (the only aftermarket coil that uses the same AIC1355 P/N as the genuine Mazda coils 😉). I paid £163.16 for a full set - (they tend to be cheapest via the app on a Monday): https://m.autodoc.co.uk/hitachi/8124216
Dan & Charlotte

RX-8 PZ: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=85661
Daily (Alfa MiTo): viewtopic.php?f=36&t=85722
PaulAV
Club Member
Club Member

Post by PaulAV »

£67 for a universal joint for the steering column from JDM planet, unlike previous order thet are on it this time, ordered on the 18th already heading to the airport. This is less than half the price of a new one in the uk
These users thanked the author PaulAV for the post (total 2):
Milos_Balunovic (Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:52 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:01 pm)
PaulAV
Club Member
Club Member

Post by PaulAV »

Just received my 4 litres of gearbox/diff oil from rocket dog racing £56 delivered with as free waterless wash, will more than likely be changing the gearbox oil at the weekend and will get back with observations(won't throw old oil away in case there are issues at least it can go back in, redline mt90), the 4 litres should be more than enough for both the gearbox and diff(the diff will have to wait as it's being swapped out in the summer along with the subframe wheel bearings and disc backing plates) at that price if it works as it's meant to there will be a significant saving over other manufacturers oils.
v-rex
Club Member
Club Member

Post by v-rex »

DrewR3 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:30 pm

For those who've used Rhdjapan. How does it work? Do I just order and they ship? Is there import tax or anything else I need to deal with? Looking at some Dixcel discs on there
DrewR3
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by DrewR3 »

v-rex wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:08 pm
DrewR3 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:30 pm

For those who've used Rhdjapan. How does it work? Do I just order and they ship? Is there import tax or anything else I need to deal with? Looking at some Dixcel discs on there
Yeah I have ordered alot from there. Just change the currency to GBP from Y in the top corner of page and order/pay as you would from any site. Patrick Antell and Russell were the UK managers over there. Very helpfull if you call or email them. Though its been 3 years since i last ordered some Mugen parts for my FN2. Just looked at receipt, was £162 for the parts and shipping was £33. They were FedEx Int flown over in about 3 days. Then had to pay FedEx back for the import taxes. They were also doing OC discounts if you spoke with Patrick.
These users thanked the author DrewR3 for the post:
v-rex (Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:24 pm)

Return to “DIY”