New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Engine builds, Modification, Mapping, Products, Online store
Post Reply
User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 657 times

New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Website Links and blurb:

https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/s ... ng-upgrade - £180 kit
https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/s ... ng-upgrade - £300 Kit
https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/s ... ng-upgrade - £330 Kit


Rx8 Series 1 (2003-2008) – Ultimate Cooling upgrade

We have modified the Series 2 Water Pump which has a much improved Impeller design to fit the Series 1 Rx8. Say goodbye to the inefficient impeller design of the Series 1 Water Pump which has not been updated since the Rx7, and say hello to the new Water Pump Cooling Upgrade.

Benefits:

Reduced Engine Temperatures for Fast Road or Track use
More efficient impeller, reduces cavitation, increases cooling over a wider Rpm range.
Custom pulley which now under drives the Water-Pump without under driving the rest of the ancillaries.
More Power to the wheels, reducing pumping losses.

Availalbe in 3 sets:

Modified Water Pump, Gasket and Custom Plain Pulley – £180
Modified Water Pump, paired with Racing pulley kit. – £300
Modified Water Pump, paired with 4 piece Pulley kit. – £330
IMG-20191022-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20191022-WA0000.jpg
65303993_2416053585345306_8443512546924691456_o.jpg
65285244_2416053492011982_7372096215787241472_n.jpg
65285244_2416053492011982_7372096215787241472_n.jpg (119.15 KiB) Viewed 850 times
65096302_2416053652011966_7660785294446166016_o.jpg
Last edited by Ryan Rotary Performance on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Ryan Rotary Performance for the post (total 2):
PeteH (Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:20 pm) • leeroy69 (Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 pm)

User avatar
Paul_13
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:53 pm
RX-8: 231
Location: Basingstoke
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Paul_13 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Why do you supply a gasket when the R3 has a built in gasket?

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 657 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Paul_13 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm
Why do you supply a gasket when the R3 has a built in gasket?
different bolt pattern

User avatar
Scartlead
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver
Location: Planet earth
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Scartlead » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am

Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
Aka Mark

My Build viewtopic.php?f=204&t=70916

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 657 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm

Scartlead wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am
Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
You'll need the S2 pulley and waterpump for this mod.

User avatar
Velocity_Dan93
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:12 am
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: lichfield
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Velocity_Dan93 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 am

Do you have any temperature readings for comparison with or without this kit on cars stock of modified? Just interested to see the difference
Phantom Evolve Mazdaspeed :)
Brilliant Black PZ :D
Crystal White R3 8)
lightning yellow racecar :lol:
Plus a load of other scrap

User avatar
Scartlead
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver
Location: Planet earth
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Scartlead » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Ryan Rotary Performance wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Scartlead wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am
Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
You'll need the S2 pulley and waterpump for this mod.
Thanks, does the belt need replaced?
Aka Mark

My Build viewtopic.php?f=204&t=70916

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 657 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Scartlead wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm
Ryan Rotary Performance wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Scartlead wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am
Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
You'll need the S2 pulley and waterpump for this mod.
Thanks, does the belt need replaced?
Yes you can use the same belts. :)

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 657 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Velocity_Dan93 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 am
Do you have any temperature readings for comparison with or without this kit on cars stock of modified? Just interested to see the difference
Hi Dan

When Ed Stracey did some testing for me ( I gave him one FOC) he noticed a significant improvement in his temps, cruising it was floating at the thermostat around 82-85 and at WOT he noticed that temps being more stable and less prone to spiking and then returning to normal faster so all in all a great improvement!

From memory you bought his car and so should have one?
These users thanked the author Ryan Rotary Performance for the post:
Velocity_Dan93 (Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 pm)

User avatar
Velocity_Dan93
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:12 am
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: lichfield
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Velocity_Dan93 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Ryan Rotary Performance wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:48 pm
Velocity_Dan93 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 am
Do you have any temperature readings for comparison with or without this kit on cars stock of modified? Just interested to see the difference
Hi Dan

When Ed Stracey did some testing for me ( I gave him one FOC) he noticed a significant improvement in his temps, cruising it was floating at the thermostat around 82-85 and at WOT he noticed that temps being more stable and less prone to spiking and then returning to normal faster so all in all a great improvement!

From memory you bought his car and so should have one?
I do indeed but don't have any temp logging on it :P just wondering if you had any details to hand save me starting a study into it ! cheers !
Phantom Evolve Mazdaspeed :)
Brilliant Black PZ :D
Crystal White R3 8)
lightning yellow racecar :lol:
Plus a load of other scrap

User avatar
SAS
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:35 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Bishops Stortford
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by SAS » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 am

Hi Carl. When do you think the water Pump would be back in stock?
Supercharged :thumleft:

User avatar
bc-49
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:37 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Galaxy Grey
Location: Mid Sussex
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by bc-49 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Potentially in the market for one of these.

Carl, have you got a price for fitting on the £180 kit?

Cheers!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Galaxy Grey 231

Yokohama V105 | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Eibach 20mm Spacers | Mintex 1144 Pads | Racing Beat REV8 Catback | BHR Ignition | K&N Filter | Koyorad Alu Radiator | Mishimoto Thermostat | Greddy Sump | ER Braided Oil Lines | ER Oil Pressure Reg | ER Baffle Plate | Lockwood Front Grills

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 657 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:42 am

Out of stock I'm afraid at the moment.

User avatar
SprintRX8
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:47 pm
RX-8: 231
Location: Sutton Surrey.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by SprintRX8 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Carl.

When are you expecting new stock?.
13BLT Renesis Rotary powered Dolomite Sprint in the making😏.
Balanced Lightened and Tweaked.and possibly Supercharged.

User avatar
M12
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:23 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Winning Blue
Location: Birmingham
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by M12 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Any deals for Black Friday?
Winning Blue 231
Jap Speed Exhaust
Custom Oil Catch Can
Ryan Rotary Performance MK2 Ignition Coils
Hard Race Uprated Engine Mounts
Pro Sport Gauges
Battery Relocated to boot
And too many smiles :) per gallon

User avatar
SprintRX8
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:47 pm
RX-8: 231
Location: Sutton Surrey.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by SprintRX8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:07 pm

M12 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:08 pm
Any deals for Black Friday?
Any Deals for Super Saturday 👍
13BLT Renesis Rotary powered Dolomite Sprint in the making😏.
Balanced Lightened and Tweaked.and possibly Supercharged.

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 657 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:41 am

Sorry guys, the only things we have on sale are on the sale page within the website

Post Reply

Return to “Ryan Rotary Performance”