New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Engine builds, Modification, Mapping, Products, Online store
Post Reply
User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1364
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 552 times

New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Website Links and blurb:

https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/s ... ng-upgrade - £180 kit
https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/s ... ng-upgrade - £300 Kit
https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/s ... ng-upgrade - £330 Kit


Rx8 Series 1 (2003-2008) – Ultimate Cooling upgrade

We have modified the Series 2 Water Pump which has a much improved Impeller design to fit the Series 1 Rx8. Say goodbye to the inefficient impeller design of the Series 1 Water Pump which has not been updated since the Rx7, and say hello to the new Water Pump Cooling Upgrade.

Benefits:

Reduced Engine Temperatures for Fast Road or Track use
More efficient impeller, reduces cavitation, increases cooling over a wider Rpm range.
Custom pulley which now under drives the Water-Pump without under driving the rest of the ancillaries.
More Power to the wheels, reducing pumping losses.

Availalbe in 3 sets:

Modified Water Pump, Gasket and Custom Plain Pulley – £180
Modified Water Pump, paired with Racing pulley kit. – £300
Modified Water Pump, paired with 4 piece Pulley kit. – £330
IMG-20191022-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20191022-WA0000.jpg
65303993_2416053585345306_8443512546924691456_o.jpg
65285244_2416053492011982_7372096215787241472_n.jpg
65285244_2416053492011982_7372096215787241472_n.jpg (119.15 KiB) Viewed 436 times
65096302_2416053652011966_7660785294446166016_o.jpg
Last edited by Ryan Rotary Performance on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Ryan Rotary Performance for the post (total 2):
PeteH (Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:20 pm) • leeroy69 (Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 pm)

User avatar
Paul_13
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:53 pm
RX-8: 231
Location: Basingstoke
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Paul_13 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm

Why do you supply a gasket when the R3 has a built in gasket?

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1364
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Paul_13 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm
Why do you supply a gasket when the R3 has a built in gasket?
different bolt pattern

User avatar
Scartlead
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1506
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver
Location: N.Ireland
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Scartlead » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am

Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
Aka Mark

My Build viewtopic.php?f=204&t=70916

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1364
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm

Scartlead wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am
Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
You'll need the S2 pulley and waterpump for this mod.

User avatar
Velocity_Dan93
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:12 am
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: lichfield
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Velocity_Dan93 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 am

Do you have any temperature readings for comparison with or without this kit on cars stock of modified? Just interested to see the difference
VR bridge port Mazdaspeed with lambo doors yo!
GG bridge port track missile
Phantom stock engine impulse buy #-o

User avatar
Scartlead
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1506
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver
Location: N.Ireland
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Scartlead » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Ryan Rotary Performance wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Scartlead wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am
Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
You'll need the S2 pulley and waterpump for this mod.
Thanks, does the belt need replaced?
Aka Mark

My Build viewtopic.php?f=204&t=70916

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1364
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Scartlead wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm
Ryan Rotary Performance wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Scartlead wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 am
Hey Carl, is the pump compatible with the pulley set I bought from you? ie can I buy the pump on its own without the pulley if it is ?

Thanks
You'll need the S2 pulley and waterpump for this mod.
Thanks, does the belt need replaced?
Yes you can use the same belts. :)

User avatar
Ryan Rotary Performance
Sponsor Trader
Sponsor Trader
Posts: 1364
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Rugby and Stonham Aspal
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Velocity_Dan93 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 am
Do you have any temperature readings for comparison with or without this kit on cars stock of modified? Just interested to see the difference
Hi Dan

When Ed Stracey did some testing for me ( I gave him one FOC) he noticed a significant improvement in his temps, cruising it was floating at the thermostat around 82-85 and at WOT he noticed that temps being more stable and less prone to spiking and then returning to normal faster so all in all a great improvement!

From memory you bought his car and so should have one?
These users thanked the author Ryan Rotary Performance for the post:
Velocity_Dan93 (Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:22 pm)

User avatar
Velocity_Dan93
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:12 am
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: lichfield
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: New Cooling Upgrades - Series 1 only

Post by Velocity_Dan93 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Ryan Rotary Performance wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:48 pm
Velocity_Dan93 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:14 am
Do you have any temperature readings for comparison with or without this kit on cars stock of modified? Just interested to see the difference
Hi Dan

When Ed Stracey did some testing for me ( I gave him one FOC) he noticed a significant improvement in his temps, cruising it was floating at the thermostat around 82-85 and at WOT he noticed that temps being more stable and less prone to spiking and then returning to normal faster so all in all a great improvement!

From memory you bought his car and so should have one?
I do indeed but don't have any temp logging on it :P just wondering if you had any details to hand save me starting a study into it ! cheers !
VR bridge port Mazdaspeed with lambo doors yo!
GG bridge port track missile
Phantom stock engine impulse buy #-o

Post Reply

Return to “Ryan Rotary Performance”