Forum Trader
Forum Trader
RX-8: Supercharged
Colour: Brilliant Black

Re: Sad Day at RRP!! - Result are in! Engine Teardown

Post by Ryan Rotary Performance » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Yorindesarin wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Out of curiosity, is warranty still fully in effect for the remaining mileage/length of time after the engines rebuilt again. So if you're 8 months in you have the remaining 4 months after the rebuild if something warrantable does go wrong? Basically asking if the warranty is completely voided or not.
That all depends, if the engine comes in for an issue which is our fault (this has never happened yet BTW) then we will rectify the issue and the remaining warranty period will still be in effect.

If the failure is the customer/drivers fault then the baseline is the warranty is void and we work up from there to provide a package that works for both. It all depends on whats gone on, the damage, what you want to pay etc... This is not a safety net, lets get it right first time and not have these issues, if you're not 100% confident in self fitment, get us to do it. Then if something happens its down to us.

Yorindesarin
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Yorindesarin » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:29 pm

That's what I figured. Was just asking out of clarity. :)

carnut1974
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by carnut1974 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:47 pm

This was a fantastic and informative read!
Both from the technical point of view regarding symptomatic physical results of the state of this engine, the hypothesis by RRP of the possible causes, the final true facts as to the cause - and finally - the superb support and goodwill given by Carl & Scott.

You cannot question their skills in diagnosing the concern they had delivered to them in the form of a catastrophically destroyed engine.
It clearly demonstrates that Scott & Carl - don't just know how to build a superb rotary engine - they definitely know what makes them 'tick', these guys are on the button!

Hats off to RRP for skills, service, and after sales support!

One day when I grow up and save my pennies - maybe I can buy one of RRP superb rotary units for my RX8. :)
These users thanked the author carnut1974 for the post:
ChrisHolmes (Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:24 pm)
231, upgraded starter motor, Toyo Sport cat back exhaust, stock cat, stock engine. Running 10/40 oil and now premix with Castrol Power 1 Racing 2T fully synthetic two stroke oil. Long term gains or improvements to be monitored.

Return to “Ryan Rotary Performance”