- Underneath the text box / reply window, there are a couple of tabs. One 'Options', the other 'Attachments'. Click the latter:
- Now click the 'Add Files' button, and navigate to the photo/s you want to attach in the pop up browse window.
- Or, you can simply 'Drag and drop' into the text area in the usual way most operating systems allow.
- Attached files will by default be displayed at the end of a post. The added file/s are displayed under the text box:
- To add your image at a particular point of your post, or under a certain line of text, use the 'Place Inline' button, next to each image file, which will then look like this in your post:
Finally, 'Submit' your post as usual!
*Pictures are automatically resized for forum display, but just click on them to see them in their original format!
How to attach photos to your posts - Non-members
If you're not a Club member, or you prefer to use a third party image host, you can also link to photos from there or straight from a website.
To do so, use the image tags, for example:-
Code: Select all
How to embed Google Photos on the Forum
You need a direct link to the image for it to be shown in a post.
Using the following steps to get a direct link.
It may stop working in future, as this procedure isn't documented by Google.
- Find the image you want a direct link for on Google Photos.
- Click the image so it opens in a 'full page' style.
- Right-click the image and choose:
in Chrome: 'Copy image URL'
in Internet Explorer: 'Copy'
in Firefox: 'Copy image location'
- Paste the link into your post, and wrap with the tags.
See here for more detail on what you can do with the resolution.
(The example uses 's' which just tells it to resize the largest side to the given number)
Code: Select all