2024 events.

Past events that the Club & Members have attended. Read-only.
Post Reply
goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 16533
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 929 times
Been thanked: 1452 times

2024 events.

Post by goodeggbob »

Evening all, aside from our own ramp day and the regular Shropshire meet, i am now looking at club run events for 2024 so that i can plan ahead.
Are we likely to see any announced shortly especially as we now have a new car to show off, thanks, rob.
These users thanked the author goodeggbob for the post:
willberry70 (Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:50 pm)
Rob :thumright:
User avatar
willberry70
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:36 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Sparkling Black
Location: Derby
Has thanked: 1068 times
Been thanked: 360 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by willberry70 »

JapFest at Silverstone will be an early one. You've beaten me to the post :)
These users thanked the author willberry70 for the post:
goodeggbob (Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:57 pm)
Sparkling Black Kuro SN# 400/500. PZ suspension, Mini-mapped, EBC Red Stuff fronts disks, Custom Oil Lines, Varta E27 battery. Blacked alloys, K&C air filter, RRP Mk2 Coils and MSD Leads, Krown rustproofed.

Events Coordinator
goodeggbob
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 16533
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Kuro Black
Location: oswestry shropshire
Has thanked: 929 times
Been thanked: 1452 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by goodeggbob »

Thanks Will. The reason i ask is because my limited skills only allow me to look on the forum, but my lad tells me that the F link at the top of the page is well out of date, yet i was told a few weeks ago that this was in the process of being made relevant, please excuse my ignorance.
I also noticed that on the 2024 calendar, aside from the monthly regional meets there is nothing else to look forward to or plan for.
Rob :thumright:
User avatar
willberry70
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:36 pm
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Sparkling Black
Location: Derby
Has thanked: 1068 times
Been thanked: 360 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by willberry70 »

goodeggbob wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:05 pm
Thanks Will. The reason i ask is because my limited skills only allow me to look on the forum, but my lad tells me that the F link at the top of the page is well out of date, yet i was told a few weeks ago that this was in the process of being made relevant, please excuse my ignorance.
I also noticed that on the 2024 calendar, aside from the monthly regional meets there is nothing else to look forward to or plan for.
Yeah I'm quite busy with Xmas, a wedding to plan and a country to invade...I don't know how that last one slipped in :)
Sparkling Black Kuro SN# 400/500. PZ suspension, Mini-mapped, EBC Red Stuff fronts disks, Custom Oil Lines, Varta E27 battery. Blacked alloys, K&C air filter, RRP Mk2 Coils and MSD Leads, Krown rustproofed.

Events Coordinator
User avatar
DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman
Posts: 4616
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White
Location: N. Wales
Has thanked: 255 times
Been thanked: 1017 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by DrewR3 »

Rob, this is already a Quarterly CM meeting topic for discussion of supported/official events to publish. The meeting is on the 18 Nov.

It is usual for the CM to discuss at this time of years meeting and the EC to publish after. In fact I remember asking Nigel to publish earlier last year than usual for a feeling towards some newer events we wanted to trial, some of which did not go ahead due to lack of interest, and that was still beyond November.

I appreciate your eagerness to plan, some dates are not fully released yet for events. We have the Japfest date confirmed and that is likely the be the season opener of April. After that we normally are aware of the frequent events like JDM Combe etc which will still be attended.

Also up for discussion is club events, such as an official road trip as the Irish one is no longer avail to be this year's unfortunately. However Will has ideas and other outings have already cropped up.

We will inform the membership on all after CM discussions and planning, plus firm date confirmations etc.

Also the admin or the CIC will look into the FB link, however both have been busy with new arrivals and young children at the moment.
These users thanked the author DrewR3 for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:17 am)
Club Chairman

RX-8 2010 R3, Crystal white, 26k miles, Full Mazda Service History

Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs

Previous RX-8 - 2006 '56' S1 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey
User avatar
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1559 times
Contact:

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

DrewR3 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:19 am
Also the admin or the CIC will look into the FB link, however both have been busy with new arrivals and young children at the moment.
They don't trust me with changing things on the website :angel:

If they did we'd finally have a new theme, though... ;)
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead


LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
User avatar
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1559 times
Contact:

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

JapFest information has been posted to the FB Page and the FB Group :thumleft:
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead


LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
User avatar
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1559 times
Contact:

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

Just an update to this, we've had a fair number of enquiries through Instagram which is great, including 2 people hoping to attend future events. Nowt through FB yet :thumleft:
These users thanked the author Dr. FrankenRex for the post:
willberry70 (Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:06 pm)
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead


LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 28196
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sparkling Black
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 9674 times
Been thanked: 4887 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by ChrisHolmes »

If a non member enquires and wishes to park on the stand at an official” club supported event, viz; Japfest Silverstone, where breakfast rolls and all day refreshments etc; have historically been provided what is the clubs policy these days?
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black R3
Avatar courtesy of my grandson Cameron
User avatar
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1559 times
Contact:

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

Same as it's been at other shows, they can be on stand and, if they want to, can contribute £5 on the day to partake in refreshments.

I believe this was policy whilst you were on the events team, Chris?
These users thanked the author Dr. FrankenRex for the post (total 2):
ChrisHolmes (Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:04 pm) • willberry70 (Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:33 pm)
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead


LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 28196
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sparkling Black
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 9674 times
Been thanked: 4887 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by ChrisHolmes »

Dr. FrankenRex wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:56 pm
Same as it's been at other shows, they can be on stand and, if they want to, can contribute £5 on the day to partake in refreshments.

I believe this was policy whilst you were on the events team, Chris?
Yes it was the policy then Dan but I wasn’t sure whether this had changed with the drive to attract more attendees at shows.
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black R3
Avatar courtesy of my grandson Cameron
User avatar
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1559 times
Contact:

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

Not yet, but there's a committee meeting tomorrow, so if you feel it should change then let us know 😁
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead


LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 28196
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sparkling Black
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 9674 times
Been thanked: 4887 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by ChrisHolmes »

ChrisHolmes wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:43 pm
If a non member enquires and wishes to park on the stand at an official” club supported event, viz; Japfest Silverstone, where breakfast rolls and all day refreshments etc; have historically been provided what is the clubs policy these days?
No suggestion of my seeking any change in policy that I can see in the above, simply asking what the clubs policy is in case it has changed and I had missed the notification.
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black R3
Avatar courtesy of my grandson Cameron
Metelyk
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:05 pm
Location: East London
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 547 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Metelyk »

Dr. FrankenRex wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:04 pm
Not yet, but there's a committee meeting tomorrow, so if you feel it should change then let us know 😁
Don’t think it should change. Why should our subs pay for a freebie for non members!
These users thanked the author Metelyk for the post:
willberry70 (Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:34 pm)
User avatar
DrewR3
Club Chairman
Club Chairman
Posts: 4616
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:55 am
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White
Location: N. Wales
Has thanked: 255 times
Been thanked: 1017 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by DrewR3 »

I'm not sure why this is being discussed or brought up. It's a long established standard policy that club guests can contribute via a singular payment of £5 on the Day to Ian or an Events/Committee rep for Bacon and drinks etc. Nowhere in any minutes or topics has it been suggested the CM would change that to give non members free access to a club benefit at shows, or even a request to discuss it as a change.

As demonstrated by Yakushi, social pub meets, road trip attendance and the Japfest sign up already for next year, the support of events has flourished to club previous high numbers - often non-members trialling in attendance can result in new members.
These users thanked the author DrewR3 for the post:
willberry70 (Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:34 pm)
Club Chairman

RX-8 2010 R3, Crystal white, 26k miles, Full Mazda Service History

Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs

Previous RX-8 - 2006 '56' S1 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey
User avatar
Dr. FrankenRex
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8163
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:30 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1559 times
Contact:

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Dr. FrankenRex »

Metelyk wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:19 am
Don’t think it should change. Why should our subs pay for a freebie for non members!
Wasn't suggesting we should, or even would, but that if anybody ever has anything they think works or doesn't then raising it for the committee to discuss at a committee meeting or AGM is the best way :-D
DOC 787B

Club Information Coordinator - Media Team Lead


LM30 VelociBRAPTOR - Josh Scott magic sauce porting, shiny big brakes and a big ole spoiler

Doc's Auto Barn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg
User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 28196
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sparkling Black
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 9674 times
Been thanked: 4887 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by ChrisHolmes »

DrewR3 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:45 am
I'm not sure why this is being discussed or brought up. It's a long established standard policy that club guests can contribute via a singular payment of £5 on the Day to Ian or an Events/Committee rep for Bacon and drinks etc. Nowhere in any minutes or topics has it been suggested the CM would change that to give non members free access to a club benefit at shows, or even a request to discuss it as a change.

As demonstrated by Yakushi, social pub meets, road trip attendance and the Japfest sign up already for next year, the support of events has flourished to club previous high numbers - often non-members trialling in attendance can result in new members.
It’s being discussed because for some reason Dan seemed to think I was suggesting a change which I clearly wasn’t.
Rotary History;

Sep 2005-Aug 2006 EO55 XOL VR 231 New
Oct 2014-Mar 2019 OE06 EWJ VR 231
Jan 2019-Jun 2020 T200 CAD Orange SC 231
Feb 2020-May 2023 RR54 AJR VR 231 Modified for Track
Oct 2020-Mar 2021 YA56 EUE Copper Red Nemesis
Jun 2022-Apr 2023 TN07 JHD KURO Resurrected
Jun 2023-Jan2024 OV09 BFF Sparkling Black R3
Avatar courtesy of my grandson Cameron
User avatar
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member
Posts: 64961
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm
Location: Somewhere in the UK
Has thanked: 18449 times
Been thanked: 4652 times

2024 events.

Post by GreySilver Beast »

All events are still listed over HERE on RX-8 Owners Club UK Facebook Group :thumleft:

GSB - Events Team
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
User avatar
Conan
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 6738
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 969 times

Re: 2024 events.

Post by Conan »

Dr. FrankenRex wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:10 am
Metelyk wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:19 am
Don’t think it should change. Why should our subs pay for a freebie for non members!
Wasn't suggesting we should, or even would, but that if anybody ever has anything they think works or doesn't then raising it for the committee to discuss at a committee meeting or AGM is the best way :-D
Does the committee make it clear to the members when they are having a committee meeting ?
We used to ask members if they had any items for discussion at committee meetings
If I’d known more than a day before I would have brought some things up for discussion
Regards
Pete
These users thanked the author Conan for the post:
willberry70 (Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:35 pm)
Events Coordinator. 2014 to 2017

I’m an expert in nothing....I have made mistakes in everything
Post Reply

Return to “The Vault”